Ponies Anthology 3

lighting flash

My favorite part was seeing Fluttershy's face on the front of the Ponyville train nonchalantly, it was hilarious. They didn't really expect to make a third Anthology to their series but, they did so maybe they will make a fourth installment to the Anthology series.

• Brohoof 3

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 2

I loved it, maybe because i'm easily amused, but i loved it. 

It was perfect, i'm a sucker for randominess and parodies i guess though, i watched it on the live premier, and i'll probably even watch it again. 

I just loved it, all of honestly essentially. It was a little over an hour or so of pure hilarious and awesome.

I think my favorite part was the DND thing, or the trailer after obama is trying to introduce a guy to MLP, that trailer thing was so freaking epic.

Many other great parts to though, hard to name them all.

I think i may watch it again xD.

Tl;Dr I loved it, watch it!!!!!

• Brohoof 2

Random video, and there are a lot of custom props (ie. various animations by many fan animators) and voice clips, so it was quite entertaining.

My musician friends David Larsen and Tsyolin did the intro and credits songs respectively, haha. I just talked about it with them earlier this afternoon.

See my status to experience the most thrilling part for me.

But... impossible to pick one favorite.

"Whatever the hell that was what Rarity was doing on Windows desktop"

"Return of the Opera Duck"

"Fluffy Unicorn"

"Attack on Titan references"

"Pylons"

Good, ol' "Fus Ro Yay"

"City 17" LMAO

"EQG Forever Alone AJ"

"Family Guy Sense of Wonder"

"Cookie Clicker" xD

"Lick the Book"

"Here comes Tom"

The best part was the 'Real Life Consequences' skit. I was laughing so hard, I was almost crying. Some other good ones were the Obama / Jackson, Tomquest, Kawaii Derpy (OMIGODD IT WAS SO CUDDLY), and every single Equestria Girls parody (Especially the Half Life 3 ones and the Forever Alone Applejack).

(sigh) I'm gonna be the only one on here who didn't like PONIES The Anothology 3, aren't I?

Oh well, I might as well be honest:

PONIES The Anthology 3 kinda bored me, actually; it probably doesn't help that I'm not a gamer and that I never really got into anime?

I did really love the first one, though :) (I kinda sorta didn't find the second one as memorable)

hY7NJ38.png

And that's the honest truth

Edited by JonPear
  • Brohoof 2

Some of my favorite ones were 

The Ring part because it was freaky and reminded of the Ring

The Appletiny Attack on Titan thing

The intro of course 

I dont know there are so many parts in it I like

The part I hated is when it ended 

(sigh) I'm gonna be the only one on here who didn't like PONIES The Anothology 3, aren't I?

Oh well, I might as well be honest:

PONIES The Anthology 3 kinda bored me, actually; it probably doesn't help that I'm not a gamer and that I never really got into anime?

I did really love the first one, though :) (I kinda sorta didn't find the second one as memorable)

img-2088516-1-hY7NJ38.png

And that's the honest truth

No your not the only one.

I found it extreamly boring enough to honestly fall asleep half way through.

It had its good moments, I really liked the opening but there was only a few spots in it where I got even a mild chuckle out of it.

Some of the animations were really good and you can tell there was a lot of work put into some of these.. but there was a whole lot of just plain stupid.

I think the biggest turn off was the whole MA Larson/Twilycorn hate... if this was meant as a joke then it fell flat.

• Brohoof 1

Wow! I didn't even know about it! :o

Definitely watching this as soon as possible. I love the anthologies, they're so awesome! I wonder if this has EQG in it.

It does have a section from EQG in it. Majority is normal MLP.

you can skip the EQG section i believe though if you haven't already seen it.

I thought that it was fun.  Personally, I think that their best one was the first (along with the opera duck a few really good skits from the second), but this was still good.  Some stuff fell flat, and others were strangely excellent (Discord as Willy Wonka fits frighteningly well).

Overall, I thought that it was fun and enjoyable.

This anthology was much darker than the past ones, but I appreciated that.

My favorite part had to be the MA Larson references.

I wouldn't mind seeing twilight fire a class 4 harmony blast from space.

"Larson, you maniac!" XD

I'm torn half liking it and half disappointed. There were several very funny moments and then there were things that didn't really make much sense to me or felt kinda boring. I also saw one of the ugliest things ever in it and that was "Attack On Titan" reference. Twilight looked a lot like a much more monstrous version of "Ao Oni"

I personally liked the Persona 4 reference (SOMEPONY MAKE  IT HAPPEN!!!) and all the "Thanks M. A. Larson" bits even though I knew they were meant to be sarcastic. I also laughed so hard on another game reference.

Overall, it was not so much enjoyable as the other 2. I'd say they ran out of ideas at some point.

Edited by Koori

Bacon Rarity is best rarity But serious, I enjoyed it mostly. I didn't care much for the SFM segments and I wished they would have dialed back some the original animations and stuck with show footage.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. I understand that it was probably quite funny for others, and there was a lot more work put into it with original animation and whatnot that was quite skillful that I appreciated. Dark is all nice and fine; I'm all for dark. And there were parts that I really enjoyed. But overall this didn't feel right.

The first had a lot of stuff that it presented with a bit of twinkle in the metaphorical eye, like it was teasing and this was all in good fun. I didn't feel that this time around. It felt more angry and resentful somehow.

• Brohoof 3

Nope. I understand that it was probably quite funny for others, and there was a lot more work put into it with original animation and whatnot that was quite skillful that I appreciated. Dark is all nice and fine; I'm all for dark. And there were parts that I really enjoyed. But overall this didn't feel right.

The first had a lot of stuff that it presented with a bit of twinkle in the metaphorical eye, like it was teasing and this was all in good fun. I didn't feel that this time around. It felt more angry and resentful somehow.

That's about how I saw this. I'm not trying to be hateful of it. There was a lot of more original works in this one then the first two combined.

I really liked the one Princess Derpy/Dragonslayer, Maretroid, and a few others...

But most was just resentful hate and BS... it just was not humorous at all imho

I know you can't take this seriously, and I don't really.

But is this really what we've become as a fandom?... a culmination of bad jokes.

• Brohoof 2