Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on what Twilight might control?

7th Boss

Since the day Twiliight became an alicon I wondered what she would control. Twilights cutie mark represents the stars but they seam to move themselfs or luna is moving them. I thought about this even more when I saw this picture:

post-17832-0-02233400-1386982885_thumb.png

So what are your thoghts on what twilight might move?

• Brohoof 1

I don't think she'll move anything.

Just like Cadence seems to be the embodiment of the Magic of Love, I think Twilight is the embodiment of the Magic of Harmony or Friendship.

Yeah I agree. I don't see her ruling over a particular kingdom, but I think her role (princess of ____) will make her as important to Equestria as the ruling princesses. I'm just not sure when we'll see that, but I'm getting impatient.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I agree. I don't see her ruling over a particular kingdom, but I think her role (princess of ____) will make her as important to Equestria as the ruling princesses. I'm just not sure when we'll see that, but I'm getting impatient.

I don't see her being a ruler... YET.

She could, MAYBE, someday, but right now I think it's just a title.

Kinda like Knighthood, but with a lot more status and work involved. I think she'd be happier being a second in command or a leader of a branch of government or... OH!! It'd be kinda cool if she took on important roles in running Celestia's school for gifted unicorns. X3

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know if the writers will stay true to the original story plan, but the original plan had Twilight eventually ruling over Equestria, with Luna and Celestia making her their successor. So far, it seems to be going that way.

Currently, it is clear in the way the princesses act that thy see Twilight as understanding Harmony and Friendship better than them. They respect and look up to Twilight. We need to remember that the sisters' primary purpose in life is maintaining the natural balance between things. But Harmony, a far loftier goal, goes beyond Balance. The sisters could act for Harmony, and use the elements to an extent because the Balance which they represent is a subset of Harmony. But Harmony needs more than just Balance. It also needs compassion, tolerance, and understanding. It needs a deep community between all things in joyous multiplicity.

I think that Twilight represents the Magic of Harmony, which exists as friendship, when in one of its purest forms. As a result, she is far more suited to rule than the sisters, because she understands more fully what Equestria needs. The sisters accept this, and I am sure the writers are still aiming to make Twilight the new Crown Princess.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think Twilight will control anything yet, I know that she is capable of controlling something. Twilight represents the Magic of Harmony, and friendship as a balance to keep order and harmony in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

As people up there say, I think it'd be premature for Twilight to have such responsibility... At least not this season. However, I like the way BalanceBrony thinks, Twilight may be the succesor of Celestia and Luna. Celestia controlled both the Moon and the Sun for 1000 years herself, yeah, may be Twilight will have that same duty in the future.

As people up there say, I think it'd be premature for Twilight to have such responsibility... At least not this season. However, I like the way BalanceBrony thinks, Twilight may be the succesor of Celestia and Luna. Celestia controlled both the Moon and the Sun for 1000 years herself, yeah, may be Twilight will have that same duty in the future.

I think it will go down like this. The series will end with some big conflict which rocks Equestria down to its core. Perhaps a spirit of pure hatred or something, to go against everything which holds Equestria together. But whatever the conflict is, it will be too much for the sisters to handle with their limited understanding of Harmony, and they may even be knocked out of the picture temporarily (but remember, they're immortal).

Once Twily overcomes the conflict, the sisters will be 100% certain that Twilight is ready to rule. Celestia and Luna will hand the title of Crown Princess to her, and then they will either leave Equestria, to go back among the stars, or they will love Equestria too much, and hunker down somewhere. Although, I feel like the former would be a far more beautiful and poetic thing than the latter.

I can just picture Celestia and Luna ascending to the heavens while saying "We will always be watching you Twilight Sparkle. You, and all of Equestria. Take good care of it. Always remember the power of Friendship which brought you here today, and maintain Harmony amongst all ponies everywhere, for as long as you live. Farewell Twlight. Farewell, to all."

That would be quite an ending, I think.

Edited by BalanceBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I think right now, Twilight controlling herself would be a good start.

ZING

she better not LOL bat shit nuts twilight is best pony.

twilight controls the passing of day into night.  it's a brief period.

I can just picture Celestia and Luna ascending to the heavens while saying "We will always be watching you Twilight Sparkle. You, and all of Equestria. Take good care of it. Always remember the power of Friendship which brought you here today, and maintain Harmony amongst all ponies everywhere, for as long as you live. Farewell Twlight. Farewell, to all."

OMG such a cliche (no hard feelings man), it's soooo boring. I really hope that Twilight will never rule. It's a goddamn cliche. Besides, if she will become the ruler, she must become immortal. So, if she would be immortal and all of her friends would not, Twilight will just helplessly watching how they die one by one. Very sunny ending huh?

Let me say that would be an amazing ending my friend! However, I wouldn't like to see Luna and Celestia going away from Equestria, I'm not even sure if they would, just as you say, I think they love Equestria too much to do that. On the other hand, zev_zev has a point up there, this ending is a liiiiiiitle bit cliche, but that was the way Faust wanted it to be, right?

OMG such a cliche (no hard feelings man), it's soooo boring. I really hope that Twilight will never rule. It's a goddamn cliche. Besides, if she will become the ruler, she must become immortal. So, if she would be immortal and all of her friends would not, Twilight will just helplessly watching how they die one by one. Very sunny ending huh?

That would be a valid argument. If it weren't planned from the start that Twilight will rule (but still some possibility of me being wrong, though it seems to be going that way still), and if it weren't confirmed (by  Meghan McCarthy, so still canon) that Twilight won't outlive her friends. The latter is confirmed, the former is just my prediction based on earlier statements from the writers, and the way it's going right now.

Let me say that would be an amazing ending my friend! However, I wouldn't like to see Luna and Celestia going away from Equestria, I'm not even sure if they would, just as you say, I think they love Equestria too much to do that. On the other hand, zev_zev has a point up there, this ending is a liiiiiiitle bit cliche, but that was the way Faust wanted it to be, right?

Yes. That is how Faust planned it, minus the Alicorn part.

Edited by BalanceBrony

Twilight won't outlive her friends? It's mean that she's ot immortal? Or her friends wii became immortal? Or Twiley will... die? What do you think?

Don't know which. But she won't see them die before her. Although I rather hope its the case where she isn't immortal, and not the case where her friends become immortal. Because the latter would mean they would see their loved ones die, and it would mean being Alicorn loses its value.

Twilight won't outlive her friends? It's mean that she's ot immortal? Or her friends wii became immortal? Or Twiley will... die? What do you think?

twilight is dead, she died in magical mystery cure.  go back and watch it.

twilight is dead, she died in magical mystery cure.  go back and watch it.

Yeah... you probably right. :(  I afraid that "Old" Twilight whom I liked disappeared without a trace. Damn the new screenwriters

Theories that Twilight is dead are nonsensical. If it appears that she is alive, given the context as a little girl's show, then we are to assume that she is alive. They won't hide a deep subtext like that to convey some secret message.

Although it is up to you whether or not you like Twilight now, there is no denying that it is Twilight. Although I still don't understand why people don't like Twilight's new form. She is still the same old Twilight. She just happens to have wings now.

Edited by BalanceBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I always figured it'd be the Sun; Faust did, after all, state that Twi was originally meant to succeed Celestia, so it'd make perfect sense. But since the show's direction is no longer in the Fausticorn's hooves, I guess anything could happen.

• 2 weeks later...

No twilight wont outlive her friends 

Recently I've heard a theory that the castle of the two sisters is going to be twilights castle. This makes since because she would be relatively close to ponyville AND might control it