Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I've joined the MLP:FiM two or three years ago after seeing some clips and parts of different episodes on AMV videos. I kept seeing them on some others, too, so I thought I try and look up the show, BOOM! Look where I am today, but recently, there have been many bad comments and hate going around on Twilight and the episode that follows along with Equestria Girls. I also know we have lost many of fans because of some of these and I this scares me as I know it must scare a few or more other fans because I know MLP:FiM is important to all of us and we don't want to see it go.

That is why I'm here to ask how many of you have been hearing good news and info about up coming episodes in season 4. As well as how many news fans we are getting and how many Pro-Twilicorns there are.

I personally feel the writers have currently handle the change well, the episode Princess Twilight Sparkle covering most of the concerns fans raised involving Twilight becoming a princess and an alicorn. The question now will they continue to handle it well.

I myself would have preferred to have Twilight Sparkle stay a unicorn but unlike many fans I don't freak out about what the writers (or Hasbro more to the point) does until I have enough reason to not like what their doing. Personally I don't believe any episode in MLP:FiM is perfect, and mistakes were made even in season 1, as such I simply look to make the canon work for me (I even have a DeviantArt group titled MLPMakeItWork created to support this idea). Sure it may not be easy, and some may argue that it should be the writer's responsibility to fix what they mess up, but if a fan truly loves something they will make the effort to stay with that which has inspired them so much.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 4

There was a lot more criticism toward twilicorn several months ago than there is now because for one thing it was a complete and total shock to a lot of people and alot of people including yours truly did not like the finale because of how rushed it was and felt that twilicorn's introduction was poor. While there are still some people who do not like twiliicorn many opponents have either left, accepted it or have like myself become neutral. I was opposed to twilicorn because I felt that it was way too soon, was introduced poorly in a rushed season finale that made no sense whatsoever and that there was an unacceptable risk of ruining one of the best characters in this show.  I became neutral after seeing that Equestria Girls which had quite a bit of panic was a lot better than I expected it to be, while I didn't panic about that my expectations were very low.

The good news is that season 4 so far is going well, the premier had a very epic feel to it which has even allowed us to delve a bit into the past and learn the origin story of the elements of harmony. Twilight Sparkle as a character is doing well and it dosen't look like anypony is being overshadowed yet. And the fandom as a whole is still growing while the show dosen't seem to have any signs of ending soon. The bad news is that there is still far more we don't know about twilicorn than we actually do know. There is still a lot of WTF that needs to be addressed from the season 3 finale but we at the very least have the rest of the season to address these matters.

• Brohoof 1

I am one of those fans that have been around since G1 I always have loved ponies they just make me smile and always will.

INCLUDING G3 ? ? ? EWWWWW

Just kidding, lol  :lol: Seriously though, even Lauren Faust herself was a fan of G1

how many Pro-Twilicorns there are.

I was always relatively comfortable with Twilicorn:

7Ek1G1K.gif

. . . does that count?

There was a lot more criticism toward twilicorn several months ago than there is now because for one thing it was a complete and total shock to a lot of people and alot of people including yours truly did not like the finale because of how rushed it was and felt that twilicorn's introduction was poor. While there are still some people who do not like twiliicorn many opponents have either left, accepted it or have like myself become neutral. I was opposed to twilicorn because I felt that it was way too soon, was introduced poorly in a rushed season finale that made no sense whatsoever and that there was an unacceptable risk of ruining one of the best characters in this show.  I became neutral after seeing that Equestria Girls which had quite a bit of panic was a lot better than I expected it to be, while I didn't panic about that my expectations were very low.

The good news is that season 4 so far is going well, the premier had a very epic feel to it which has even allowed us to delve a bit into the past and learn the origin story of the elements of harmony. Twilight Sparkle as a character is doing well and it dosen't look like anypony is being overshadowed yet. And the fandom as a whole is still growing while the show dosen't seem to have any signs of ending soon. The bad news is that there is still far more we don't know about twilicorn than we actually do know. There is still a lot of WTF that needs to be addressed from the season 3 finale but we at the very least have the rest of the season to address these matters.

That is kinda true... I saw how rushed season three was and how somethings didn't get put together well at all. Maybe if they'd took the time to make one or couple of more episodes, and have it make since, it wouldn't have been too bad.

I am completely pro-Twilicorn because when Twilight Sparkle was a unicorn she seemed to be a bit above a lot of the other ponies in Ponyville plus she was born and raised in Canterlot. So I believe Twilight was 100 percent deserving of getting wings and becoming a princess. Her brother Shining Armor is a different story because he became a prince just by marrying Princess Celestia's niece. 

• Brohoof 1

@@JonPear,

Ah yes that video that proves Lauren Faust had always intended Twilight Sparkle to be Princess Celestia's successor... but later clarified on her deviantart account that does not mean she meant for her to be a princess or an alicorn. Though I questioned her on the former because what would a successor of a princess become but a princess herself? She never got back with me on this.

• Brohoof 2

@@JonPear,

Ah yes that video that proves Lauren Faust had always intended Twilight Sparkle to be Princess Celestia's successor... but later clarified on her deviantart account that does not mean she meant for her to be a princess or an alicorn. Though I questioned her on the former because what would a successor of a princess become but a princess herself? She never got back with me on this.

"Princess Celestia, we don't like the way you run the government, so we're gonna stop doing kings and princesses, and we're gonna do presidents from now on."

. . . President Twilight?

• Brohoof 1

@@JonPear

Disappointment wells up from within as you show this video, even in jest, as I so 'dislike' how so many fans feed the Trollestia and Tyrant Celestia memes.

I totally do not see her that way; in fact, I thank you for reassuring me that I'm not the only one who doesn't, lol  :lol: Actually, if every monarch throughout human history had been like Princess Celestia, I bet no monarchy would ever have been abolished. I still remember that day, sometime in July 2011, when I'd just finished watching all of Season 1, and I suddenly came across this:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/trollestia-molestia-tyrant-celestia

. . . and I was like "WHAT ? ? ? SHE'S CHRIST-LIKE FOR GOD'S SAKE ! ! ! HOW CAN ANYONE . . . ? ? ?"

Within a month, I had already acquired the habit of bantering along with Trollestia jokes in discussion-threads (shrug)

But yeah, that doesn't mean I agree with it or that it's even comprehensible to me or anything

I may be in the minority, but I think the show is actually getting better with time and season 4 is putting up a good fight so far to be my favorite season yet.

I personally love Mystery Cure, it's music, and it's message. I oddly had flashbacks to my elementary school graduation during Celestia's song, which stuck with me as being the first time I really completed a major phase in my life and had to move on in a big way, after all I went to that school for seven years and I sincerely look back on it(and my first year of Jr High to an extent) as the best years of my childhood, before my experience with school started becoming so erratic between okay and bad. It brought this song to my memory, which I kind of associate with that time leading up the graduation and moving on(I was born in 92, started Kindergarten in 1999, and graduated from there in like 2006, so Pokemon was really big.:

I do agree it would've been world's more awesome as a two part part though, as one of my brony friends put it: It could have been mind-blowing as a better paced two-parter, but we got we got and looks like we'll have to settle for just awesome. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

The Season 3 finale might have caused some reasons for the fandom to not get used to Twilight becoming an alicorn, with rushed pacing that the episode had. As for the Season 4 premiere, it showed that the writers can handle this change and handle the problems that they made with the Season 3 finale. A lot of bronies were caught off guard when they saw the Season 3 finale, then they definitely weren't used to Equestria Girls.

We still have a long way to go with the Twilicorn thing, so this is only just the beginning.

Yeah, the climax of Season 3 really didn't change the show so much so far, the themes and  the plot still stay true to the message of the since the first episode, there is still a lot of growth in characters so that is to be expected. The quality is getting better from what i have seen, and the reoccurring plot device of the final lessons are continuing, so basically it's still really the show we love but the show is growing up, those who left after the end of season 3 and not returning are missing out, should we care that they don't want to watch, I don't, they can always give season 4 a chance.

Don't be scared, we non-twilicorns won't bite :lol:. You keep saying hate, which is too strong and a biased way to describe our feelings over the matter. Unless they are literally going off on people and purposely being rude and flaming, merely discussing our dislikes doesn't make them bad comments. I don't HATE twilicorn, I simply don't approve the idea. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing, it just a matter of opinion..... Even if we think twilicorn stinks, it doesn't matter since most people have become desensitized to it already, or decided they liked it. Most people didn't quit over it, and good riddance to the whiny jerk-offs that did. Season 4 has been really freakin awesome despite there being silly alicorns everywhere and they are missing out.

So yeah, don't worry. Everything's fine.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

I originally hated the idea as it felt rushed but I'm okay with it so far this season. If they start turning MLP into the Twilight Sparkle Show where she's "overpowered" compared to everyone else then it will start to get really annoying but so far they've done a good job of portraying each character fairly evenly with the amount of episodes they've released.