Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I animate my avatar?

GONEFOREVER

if you have done it in Photoshop when saving don't select just the gif type, try the "save for web adn other devices"... to be sure that it is animated open the gif picture using a web browser, if it is animated then you have a problem with the forum (which is unlikely) if it is not animated then you have done something wrong saving the picture :(

• Brohoof 1

I created mine using Photoshop.

1. Load the image sequence in a single Photoshop canvas.
  2. Window > timeline
  3. Drag and drop each image onto a new timeline track and shorten the frame duration
  4. Offset each track so that as the previous frame stops the next begins
  5. Trim the timeline from the start to finish of the animation
  6. File > Save For Web Select .GIF from the dropbox
  7. Make sure you select "repeat" in the bottom right of the final save dialogue. 

Sorry to be so vague but hopefully this might push you in the right direction. If you don't use Photoshop completely ignore this and i'll go assume foetal position in the dark corner of my room for a while.

It may have been possible that you saved the file incorrectly during the creation process. It's also possible that the file's dimension or size may be bigger than what the site allows for a non-donor.

Try opening the .gif in a web browser, if it runs, then you need to either resize the dimensions of the file or attempt to shrink the file size (kb), I personally use this site:

http://ezgif.com/ 

If it doesn't work at all, even in a web browser, then it may be possible that something has gone wrong during the creation process. 

I'm not sure if this is the avatar you are trying to get to work, but I took the liberty of cropping and resizing the .gif so it should work on the forums, I used the above site:

lBKuWNh.gif

• Brohoof 3

It may have been possible that you saved the file incorrectly during the creation process. It's also possible that the file's dimension or size may be bigger than what the site allows for a non-donor.

Try opening the .gif in a web browser, if it runs, then you need to either resize the dimensions of the file or attempt to shrink the file size (kb), I personally use this site:

http://ezgif.com/

If it doesn't work at all, even in a web browser, then it may be possible that something has gone wrong during the creation process. 

I'm not sure if this is the avatar you are trying to get to work, but I took the liberty of cropping and resizing the .gif so it should work on the forums, I used the above site:

img-2110181-1-lBKuWNh.gif

This image works for me, I guess the forum only resizes the first frame.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems as if this has been sorted out, so im going to go ahead and lock the topic up now. Have a great day :D