GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

I'm curious about this too  :)

She better... :okiedokielokie:  

Ok...That question is out of place :/

Of course she won :3

What did you expected?She IS Pinkie Pie :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Did Pinkie win her match against Bulk Biceps?

Voted Rariy, Derpy, and Twilight. Twilight vs. Vinyl Scratch was a toughie

I'm curious about this too  :)

She better... :okiedokielokie:  

Results are posted by Sterling once he closes the polls. Then he updates the Results spoiler in the OP. There's a chart under the 2nd spoiler in the OP that has each group and shows their current W-D-L record, along with the Votes For, Votes Against, Vote Difference, and Points they've earned. (3 points for a win, 1 point for a Draw, and 0 points for a loss)

• Brohoof 2

Now then, to make a valiant last stand for Sunny against the vast and mighty derp brigade :ph34r:. This may make less sense if you haven't read the little comic thing about her.

Sunset interests me because of her great ambition. Aside from this, she’s very similar to how Twilight once was. Nerdy, prioritizing studies and her own pursuits over getting to know others, once valuing her position as Celestia’s student above most anything else, as well as having prodigious talent. Difference is, where Twilight admires Celestia, you get the vibe that Sunset wants to be Celestia. Seeing only the greatness and glory, she focused her entire life on becoming as powerful and knowledgeable as possible, but wasn’t able to appreciate that her compassion is what makes Celestia great in the first place.

you_stole_away_my_life_by_inuhoshi_to_da

Given what we know of Celestia and what we saw of her relationship with Twilight, it’s quite possible that she intended for Sunset to become a princess someday. Her and Twily even fit the whole nice light and dark/day and night theme that Celestia and Luna had going once ^_^. And in Sunset’s mind, she was doing everything right. Devouring every book she was given, learning every spell that was laid out for her, who could ask for a better student? I almost feel bad for her, having her dream taken from her because she was disturbingly persistent in chasing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmBsQYxx-p0

She inspires good fan music too :D

And then she did the whole high school nonsense and the Elements showed her just how empty a life is when it's only used to pursue power. I don't deny that her portrayal is pretty disappointing and even ridiculous in the movie, but she's still a character with a lot of interesting baggage and room for growth. I'd love to watch the Humane 5 and her learning about friendship together and see how Sunset's insensitive, manipulative, but still deeply remorseful personality would gel with all of theirs. Here's a good fanfic based around that concept :). This is what I'm hoping to see in the second EQG movie (Sunny's supposed to sing too :D). When I first heard about Sunset, I was curious to see what they'd do with her and how McCarthy'd put her great potential to use. And I still am :D

full_moon_by_uotapo-d7d00gi.jpg

• Brohoof 2

>vinyl fans thinking they can beat twilight, one of the main characters of the show

200_s.gif

• Brohoof 3

Tonight...

The other match of Group f will feature the mother of ponyville and the male Wonderbolt. Both characters will want to get off to a strong start for the World Cup like Twilight is. Can either character find that spark?

Group G is also set to begin in a few hours. There could be two very interesting matches to begin Group G. Will any of the characters find that spark?!

Anthems in two hours at the Mareicana!

• Brohoof 3

SPITFIRE IS LOSING THE LEAD *picks up phone* WHAT IS HER MALFUNCTION!!!! AS COACH OF THE TEAM I DEMAND AN ANSWER!!!!!!

*clears throat*

I've got my money on Derpy and Twilight

• Brohoof 1

Welcome to another Special Update on the MLPF World Cup

We come to you live, in an extrodinary and upsetting match between Group E and Group F.  Going down, the captain of the Wonderbolts is getting brutally defeated by *Coach Thunder-Wing barges the door down* WHAT IS SPITFIRE'S MALFUNCTION.....SHE SHOULD BE WINNING!!!! *Door is forced closed*...........as I was saying, Spitfire is getting brutally defeated by the one and only Fabulous Rarity. Good gracious, that one mare knows how to shine.  Sorry Spitsy, i think its time to turn in your badge.......not to mention, the her getting yelled at by her coach.  Doesn't sound to hot

Moving into lighter news, It appears Derpy is doing an amazing job against Sunset Shimmer, in massive push to the top.  Keep it up, Derpy, we all love you!!!  

Going into a strong standoff is the match between Twilight Sparkle and the DJ master, Vinyl Scratch..........as we review the match it, Twilight plows to the lead, leaving Vinyl in a major disadvantage.   *record scratch* yikes, she's not gonna like it.

That's it for the special update on this fantastic match-up in Matchday 1.   Back to you Sterling.

• Brohoof 3

Welcome to another Special Update on the MLPF World Cup

We come to you live, in an extrodinary and upsetting match between Group E and Group F.  Going down, the captain of the Wonderbolts is getting brutally defeated by *Coach Thunder-Wing barges the door down* WHAT IS SPITFIRE'S MALFUNCTION.....SHE SHOULD BE WINNING!!!! *Door is forced closed*...........as I was saying, Spitfire is getting brutally defeated by the one and only Fabulous Rarity. Good gracious, that one mare knows how to shine.  Sorry Spitsy, i think its time to turn in your badge.......not to mention, the her getting yelled at by her coach.  Doesn't sound to hot

Moving into lighter news, It appears Derpy is doing an amazing job against Sunset Shimmer, in massive push to the top.  Keep it up, Derpy, we all love you!!!  

Going into a strong standoff is the match between Twilight Sparkle and the DJ master, Vinyl Scratch..........as we review the match it, Twilight plows to the lead, leaving Vinyl in a major disadvantage.   *record scratch* yikes, she's not gonna like it.

That's it for the special update on this fantastic match-up in Matchday 1.   Back to you Sterling.

Thanks for the update ! Let's hope we have some close matches which will start in less than an hour from now!

• Brohoof 2

OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM THE 2014 MLPF WORLD CUP STAFF!!!

Day 4 is drawing to a close and we're ready to welcome the next 6 contestants to the stadium; but before we can, everypony please rise for the Tournament Anthem!

Thanks you!

Now I am proud to introduce tonight's contestants!

post-25639-0-42941400-1402876188.png

Let's remain standing once again while we hear their respective anthems!

(Character profiles can be found linked into their names tonight!)

Our first match will have:

Granny Smith

Oh apples all let us rejoice,
For fruitful apple trees,
And golden soil worked with great toil,
Her home our eyes does please,
Her land abounds as she does too,
In beauty rich and rare,
In history's page let every stage,
Advance Granny Smith!
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Granny Smith!

vs Soarin!

I recognize you Soarin, by your fearless love of pie!
And your love, your love of flying over with the Wonderbolts!
Let the songs of flight rejoice
O’er your face, and o’er the land!
But let the apples and the pies, 
Give you joy!
Dear Soarin, Dear Soarin,
Let your songs and anthems rise!
Dear Soarin, Dear Soarin,
May your wings then take flight!

The second match will be:

Lyra Heartstrings

Arise Oh Compatriots!
Lyra wants us to stand!
For she hath adoration,
To all humanity!
Let her cyan mane and her body
Be our lasting guide!
March on, with thine heartstrings!
March on as a human would!
Never be put to shame!

vs Big McIntosh!

(No lyrics)

And finally, we have:

Dinky Doo

Dinky Doo has not yet perished,
So long as we live!
When the haters come in full force,
We shall go and smite them!

Dinky is Derpy’s
Daughter conceived from love!
Under thy command
We shall silence the enemy! (x2)

vs Discord!

Root of discord,
Build up entropy!
Forum of glory and might!
May you live as the Lord!
Discord, Discord!
May chaos reign!
To prescribe to the land,
Filling all the world
With your power, with your brains
With chaos, with discord!
Fill all the world,
With your class and your disorder!
Pandemonium!
Pandemonium!
Discord, Discord!
You’ve done it once again,
May your name be praised, praised!

• Brohoof 2

All right, first poll that has completely no mane six members, this is gonna be interesting.

I voted Soarin because I've always liked Soarin due to shipping Soarindash so much

I voted discord because I find him super hilarious and I never cared for Dinky that much

I voted Lyra, "GO BEST BACKGROUND PONY!"

• Brohoof 3

Soarin' through the sky, chaos by my side. And what do I see:

I hand lovin pony.

I human lovin' pony.

So go Lyra, go Lyra, sing your song of victory.

Go Lyra, go Lyra, fly high and Soar with Soarin', Mr. Chaos, and Me!

Come on, LYRA!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Have to vote Granny Smith

post-26689-0-50476000-1402879127_thumb.jpg

Love ya Dinky, but...

post-26689-0-13498500-1402879190_thumb.jpgEternal chaos comes with chocolate rain...

Torn between Big Mac and Lyra...

I'm sure I'll have plenty of help deciding from y'all though.

Edited by JLmle
  • Brohoof 1

I think one of the mane six is going to win... and possibly Derpy Hooves. (I really hope Pinkie Pie wins, but I have a bad feeling about it... and think Rarity or Twilight will win. Maybe... or possibly Rainbow Dash. Gah, I dunno!) XD

• Brohoof 1