Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Yeah Rarity would defeat Spitfire with FABOULOUSNESS!

When Flipturn left, he gave me his old wartime strategies for these tourneys...tomorrow is going to be my first go around at trying them out. Let's see if I could get Rarity to be as dominant as he got Pinkie :D

• Brohoof 2

And we are already seeing some action tonight as Scoots and Celestia are tied, neck and neck and hoof and hoof. Pinkie seems to have a nice lead on Bulk, Applebloom as a little lead but there's still a chance for Octavia to catch up and Angel, well, he has one vote.

When Flipturn left, he gave me his old wartime strategies for these tourneys...tomorrow is going to be my first go around at trying them out. Let's see if I could get Rarity to be as dominant as he got Pinkie :D

And I'm working with Pinkie campaigning since Flipturn left

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy and Pinke were no brainer .I expect those to be easy victories.

I picked Applebloom over Octavia. Applebloom is my favorite crusader for sure, and I was never very attached to Octavia or any of the other background ponies.

Daaaayum, as of my vote, Scoots and Sunbutt are at a literal tie. I had to go for Scootaloo. I love the CMC, and Celestia always struck me as a bit of a flat character. Scoots seems more interesting. Also adorable.

• Brohoof 1

Hm...Spitfire better be ready, because she's going to end up going for a ride :umad:

spitfire is going for a wild ride get it? wild (applejack fans) ride (rarity fans)  we got your back covered so don't worry much  :)  :catface:

• Brohoof 2

Hm...Spitfire better be ready, because she's going to end up going for a ride :umad:

From what I've seen of this forum, I'm thinking Rarity has some pretty good odds.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

spitfire is going for a wild ride get it? wild (applejack fans) ride (rarity fans) we got your back covered so don't worry much :):catface:

Thank you very much! :D The Rarijack fanbase bond is as strong as ever, eh? :D

From what I've seen of this forum, I'm thinking Rarity has some pretty good odds.

Yeahh - Spitfire will be tough competition, though, no doubt :D Best of luck to Spitfire and her fans, but the Rarity fans are going to be fighting like hell!!! :D Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Thank you very much! :D The Rarijack fanbase bond is as strong as ever, eh? :D

Yeahh - Spitfire will be tough competition, though, no doubt :D Best of luck to Spitfire and her fans, but the Rarity fans are going to be fighting like hell!!! :D

Eeeeeeeeeyup!   :catface:  and i will be sure when rarity turn comes am gonna say to my comrades in the aj fanclub that we must support our fabulous comrades!  :catface:

Edited by Saudi brony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Eeeeeeeeeyup!   :catface:  and i will be sure when rarity turn comes am gonna say to my comrades in the aj fanclub that we must support our fabulous comrades!  :catface:

And we do the same thing for AJ :D Thank you kindly for your help :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

And we do the same thing for AJ :D Thank you kindly for your help :D

We are like the soviet union of mlp except we love and care for each other and maybe one day we are gonna face each other We're still gonna love each other am i right? :catface: And we are not tyrants  :mellow:

Edited by Saudi brony
  • Brohoof 2

We are like the soviet union of mlp except we love and care for each other and maybe one day we are gonna face each other we still love each other am i right? :catface:

You're exactly right :D I'm sure if Rarebear and AJ faced off, it'd remain a friendly competition, but it'd also be a close one that went right down to the wire :D

• Brohoof 3

You're exactly right :D I'm sure if Rarebear and AJ faced off, it'd remain a friendly competition, but it'd also be a close one that went right down to the wire :D

Great now I wanna see Aj and Rarity face off just to see how epic that would be

• Brohoof 4

Then you have to vote for them whenever you can :ph34r: 

In any case, I'd just like to point out that Celestia and Scootaloo are currently tied :D That's a really exciting match to watch - but not nearly as exciting as Angel vs. Fluttershy. That match is too close for comfort :blink:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Then you have to vote for them whenever you can :ph34r: 

In any case, I'd just like to point out that Celestia and Scootaloo are currently tied :D That's a really exciting match to watch - but not nearly as exciting as Angel vs. Fluttershy. That match is too close for comfort :blink:

I know right, Angel and Fluttershy are fighting neck and neck really ruthless cause Angel is using that one vote as a power up

EDIT: 2 votes oh this is getting close

Edited by ChikoritaBrony
  • Brohoof 4

Bulk Biceps... I voted for Pinkie.

Octavia... I voted for Applebloom.

Angel, I like you, but I like Fluttershy more.

Celestia, I love ya, but against this fly filly?

5639_-_animated_macro_scootaloo.gif

When we talk about Scootaloo, let's remember that Scootaloo has had (wait for it) two episodes.

That mare with all the fanfictions.

That mare with such a developed character.

That mare. 

Which means that she's just basically AWESOME every time she appears because otherwise wtf. Scootaloo is fantastical, and not just for that swishy front piece in her mane. 

She has great interaction potential, first of all. You can basically pull them out of a hat. Scootaloo/Fluttershy? Heck yeah!

Scootaloo/Luna? Oh, we already did that, it was fabulous.

Scootaloo/Celestia? Why are we even fighting? 

I love her relationship with Dashie, of course. Scootalove is one of the most positively received things in the fandom for good reason. Dash is often not what you'd call... a role model, and you'd expect her to bask a bit in Scootaloo's appreciation. But something in this little mare brings out the best in Rainbow Dash. A character that generates goodness around them is always pleasant to see.

Scootaloo is always great for a laugh. She's very sarcastic and cynical, providing both deadpan comedy and getting to be made fun of once in a while for her silliness. Laugh with her one moment, at her the next.

why aren't you voting for this mare

She's suitable for drama, too. You've got her contrast between wanting to be cool/tough, and also being, you know, a little kid. You've got her loneliness and ostracization as a blank flank (at least the other two have siblings). And, of course, the big one; you have the irony of a flightless pegasus wanting nothing more than to be just like one of the best flyers in Equestria

So Scoots has problems. What about positives? Well, she's got pluck. Lots of pluck.

Pluck can get you mighty far, and I hope it will bring her forward in this tourney.

Still not pumped? Well, don't take my word for it. First, some general CMC content.

This PMV just makes me wanna go crusading.

Why Am I Crying?: An interesting reflection on death when the pony who died wasn't such a nice gal herself. Scootaloo's portion is best, though. Hint hint.

AND A SCOOTALOO SPECIAL!

Moonlight: A Scootaloo-focused adventure tale. Reminds me heavily of Psychonauts in all the right ways and deeply incisive in how it portrays the characters' psyches. Recommended for those scumbags but they like the same princess as me huh can't fault them for that Celestia voters, too. Reccomended for anybody who likes their action and character studies to go hand in hand. Recommended for anybody who likes ice cream with sprinkles. Recommended for people who read books. Recommended.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It would be a battle that would go down in the annals of history. Generations later, parents will sit by the campfire, telling their children of the Great Pony War of '14.

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 2

It would be a battle that would go down in the annals of history. Generations later, parents will sit by the campfire, telling their children of Great Pony War of '14.

If that were to ever happen then I'd say:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I know right, Angel and Fluttershy are fighting neck and neck really ruthless cause Angel is using that one vote as a power up

EDIT: 2 votes oh this is getting close

Those four guys support north korea  :okiedokielokie: i am NOT pleased  :okiedokielokie: angel is like north korea 

Edited by Saudi brony
  • Brohoof 2

Those two guys support north korea  :okiedokielokie: i am NOT pleased  :okiedokielokie: angel is like north korea 

yeah. I would agree. It is still on two votes. I go for :yay: Fluttershy, Octavia, Scootaloo and :lol: Pinkie Pie of course

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Pinkie Pie against Bulk Biceps???

Oh she is going to win...

SHE IS GOING TO WIN....

SHE IS GOING TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinkie_pie_puzzled_by_mysticalpha-d4v61b

happy_pinkie_pie_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d5

pinkie_pie_gala_portrait_by_kp_shadowsqu

pinkie_pie_by_johnjoseco-d3bjat9.jpg

PINKIE PIE IS GOING TO WIN THIS IS A LANDSLIDE!!!!!

GO PINKIE GO!!!!!

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 5

SHE IS GOING TO WIN....

GO PINKIE GO!!!!!

Looks like she already is! Bulk Bicepts might as well yell "NOOOOOOOO!"

• Brohoof 3

Can I though, really? Look at what me joining in has brought everyone.  I thought I was having fun. But apparently no one else was. 

Was it really as bad as that was though? I would've welcomed any challenges and verbal jests that came my way. What I did was part of having competitive spirit. I was half expecting AJ fans to tell me in no uncertain terms how the "Background pony" was coming to buck Chryssi straight out of the tourney. Instead I was met with warnings and reprimands. 

But none of that matters now. My pick to win is now out of the competition, perhaps in part due to my "support."

As I said, those kinds of comments about beloved characters were prominent during the March Madness tournament and played a big role in why it ended up the way it did. We want everypony to have fun and enjoy a friendly competition. Putting down others isn't fun for those that like that character and only causes problems and heated bashing that isn't fun for anypony. Jest is fine with me, but you must remember that sarcasm and jest are extremely difficult to interpret properly in text, and are usually misinterpreted as a result.

Nopony is out of the top 32 yet. Every participant is guaranteed 3 matches in the group round. The top two in each group after all of the group matches have been played will advance to the single-elimination bracket. Just because Chrysalis lost to Applejack doesn't mean she is guaranteed to lose to Zecora and Mayor Mare. 'Tis the beauty of the round-robin format in the group stage!

There have been other comments that we've had to warn some to be cautious about. The comment about AJ being a background pony is one that we know has caused excessive drama in the past so it came to my attention more quickly and I felt it had to be addressed more publicly so others would know it's not acceptable in this tournament. Sorry for raising the concern, but just be supportive of your favorites and everypony will be happier! I promise! (I'm sure we'll see more before the end of this thing, but I hope not!)

• Brohoof 4

SHE IS GOING TO WIN....

GO PINKIE GO!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY NO CONTEST!!! Who can deny the insane adorableness that is PINKIE PIE!! :lol: She will always be victorious!! :D

EVERYONE VOTE FOR THE PIE!!!! :lol:

(Gosh I wish I had my laptop. This post could use some epic Pinkie pics and my pink text xD)

• Brohoof 5

ABSOLUTELY NO CONTEST!!! Who can deny the insane adorableness that is PINKIE PIE!! :lol: She will always be victorious!! :D

(Gosh I wish I had my laptop. This post could use some epic Pinkie pics and my pink text xD)

Yes. Pinkie won by a landslide :)

• Brohoof 2

Looks like she already is! Bulk Bicepts might as well yell "NOOOOOOOO!"

EXACTLY!!!

I mean look at her!! There's no way Bulk Biceps would be able to keep up with the amount of party Pinkie Pie has in store!!! :D :D :D

pinkie_pie_by_pinali-d497u4l.jpg

I KNOW!! THE PINK WOULD MAKE THIS ALL THE MORE BETTER!!!  :lol: 

• Brohoof 2