Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is bat pony a race?

EquestrianIdiot

Fluttershy may have become a "batpony" but she was still a Pegasus, she grew teeth and her wings changed, she didn't grow any crazy new limbs/appendages that make her filled with new power. It is in my own personal belief that if twilight became a batpony she wouldn't grow wings, her horn would just become more bat-like. And Applejack would just grow fangs and new ear stuff, with an eye change.  What do you think, when a pony is turned do they grow wings, or is that determined by whether or not they were Pegasus.

Bat ponies are a race in their own right. I think they do grow wings, but it doesn't automatically have them in the race unless they were born into the race.

The difference between bat ponies and Flutterbat is, bat ponies are a race that could be from a distant land where there are caves present besides the Everfree Forest.

Flutterbat was a mutation that was a combination of the first-time use of a spell involving vampire fruitbats and her own mechanism ''The Stare.''

Edited by Scootalove

Flutterbat and the bat ponies that make up the guards are almost guaranteed to be two different things.

• Flutterbat was a mutation caused by the unpredictable first-time use of a magic spell gone wrong because Fluttershy was caught in the spell field/linked mentally with the bats by "The Stare".
  • The bat ponies Luna uses as guards have not been touched on, but are most likely some race from distant lands like the Changlings.
  • Brohoof 3

Another thing that sets Flutterbat apart from the Bat Ponies is that she was completely controlled by animalistic instincts to feed on apples. And hiss. Oh, all the hissing...

Anyhow, I think it does kind of bring into question the whole Bat Pony thing. For all we know, Luna could've turned them into Bat Ponies at their request, but I do think they're probably their own race, kind of like Sea Ponies.

And yes, I want to see Sea Ponies. Maybe even a Sea Pony Bat Pony epic battle. That would be something.

Hey, what if a bat pony got the mutation from the Vampire fruit bats? What would happen then?

But yeah, the pony bats, or Thestrals as they were known in the Luna Eclipsed script did exist prior to this. Flutterbat was more than likely a mutation, but since we know so little about the Thestrals, who knows, maybe this was how they were formed.   

• Brohoof 1

Hey, what if a bat pony got the mutation from the Vampire fruit bats? What would happen then?

But yeah, the pony bats, or Thestrals as they were known in the Luna Eclipsed script did exist prior to this. Flutterbat was more than likely a mutation, but since we know so little about the Thestrals, who knows, maybe this was how they were formed.   

The correct term for this is a 'hipocampus' I believe. There is also a part in the brain called a 'hippocampus'..... what does this mean you ask??? We all have a bit of pony in us  :wub:

Bat ponies are a race and Fluttershy was never a bat pony in first place. I've mentioned it in different thread and I will repeat here. Her eyes were different than bat pony's besides she was acting like animal (well... technically she is animal, but You get my point ;) ). I am pretty sure bat ponies just come from other land or maybe even they live in other region of Equestria that wasn't shown yet.