Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you died tomorrow, would you die happy?

N.W.

I realize this is a potentially sensitive subject, so I will try my best to tread carefully.

"If you died tomorrow, would you die happy?" 

To answer such a question we must first pose anther question, what is your goal in life? Regardless of the individual goals ( Become a doctor,  engineer,etc...) I think for most everyone the life to is to maximize happiness, enjoy life to the fullest. Thus one should naturally live life to its fullest, do things you enjoy, but if you were do die tomorrow, would you say you enjoyed your life, were you happy? Did you not only make yourself happy but others too? I think that almost everyone could say that they have to some degree, but we could all do things to make our life better. The whole point of this is : We should learn to enjoy life more. 

All that being said, don't just say I quit, F this F that, we will always have to do things we don't want to, things that make us unhappy, cranky, etc...

But it is wise to balance is such a way that what is done today will lead to a better tomorrow. Trade-offers are  necessary.

As for myself, I would die semi happy one could say. To reflect : Much of my early childhood was filled with mindless wandering and playing in the woods with friends, however once school started to get harder (around middle school) I become increasingly stressed with grades. On top of my grade stress there was some bullying, these combined led to a miserable 6th and 7th grade year, 8th grade saw the end of the bully problem, but the stress continued until December of last year. When I decided enough was enough I relaxed a bit more both inside and outside of school, this saw a major improvement in my grades and happiness. Up until today I have been mostly happy. MLP and the great base of fans that has grow from it has given me great joy with epic artwork, music, and much more.

All of that might seem rather dull, but that has been my life thus far, what I will do with the remainder with I and am unsure, but I will make it worthwhile.

Wish I could add more to the first paragraph at the moment, but alas I am finding it difficult to convey my thoughts into anything that makes sense in any language.

In closing I encourage everyone to make the best of their life, look on the bright side,and make the most of your life.

Ask yourself, what makes me happy? How am I going to make my lifejoy-filled.

I hope none of that did not sound to cheesy or similar.

img-2168333-1-canterlot_sunset___wallpap

Picture Source

*UPDATE* I realize  that I did not properly convey my thoughts, you should not think about your future but rather reflect on your life so far. One of my goals in creating this thread was to encourage more people to be happy and enjoy life, so one should reflect and think "Am I leading a happy life?"  and perhaps get a little more from life. :) 

Edited by Sergei
  • Brohoof 3

Nope, I would not have died happy. There's still so much I want to do, like go to college, visit Japan, meet some of my close online friends in real life, among other things. If anything, I'd die miserably. 

• Brohoof 6

I would. Because I know that if I did, I at least tried to live up to it. I've done somethings I've wanted to do. I almost died when I was 8 (7yrs ago.) I didn't know then but whatever. At least I did try my best at living to the fullest. 

This would also explain why I would die happy. http://mlpforums.com/topic/83470-what-happens-when-we-die/

Some of don't know it but we could die tomorrow, if it was meant to be it was meant to be. It's life saying you weren't meant to move on from where you stand now. We should just accept that, not fear it.

Edited by Three Wolf Moon

Whoa...that's an excellent question. It's also something that people should probably ask themselves more often, even if the answer might be frightening. It certainly helps with confronting your problems, and addressing them.

Personally, I don't think I would be happy if I died tomorrow. There's so many things I haven't done yet, and to lose the chance to do those things, and to actually live my life, would be devastating.

I hope people will see this thread and realize that it's much better to do the things you want to do sooner rather than later, and to address regrets before it's too late to do anything about them. You never know if today will be your last day, as sad as that revelation might be.

Edited by jackleapp81
  • Brohoof 2

Definitely not, considering I am still at a fairly young age (19). I still haven't been able to spread my wings as much as I would like, nor have I had a chance to really experience being in a good (long) relationship with somebody.

I still have goals to accomplish and dreams to make true.

I've done alot of bad things in my life, I've hurt alot of people. But i don't regret much, when you make decisions you better learn to live with the consequences.I hate everything and hate myself even more. so would i die happy? No, i won't die happy. but i will die with no regrets, which is more then most people get. so i guess i shouldn't complain.

Id die happy, yeah. Except that Id miss out on ever having like a boyfriend or anything romantically like that xD

umm.. i would never get to finish some anime and manga D:

But minor things I guess, Id still be happu d: Not that I like.. want to die any time soon though o: nu! Much too soon for that, I say! But Ive lived a pretty good life, dont know how much good Ive done for others, but Ive certainly felt loved ^^

-One of those people who will have a dramatic death o: -

• Brohoof 1

Happy? NO. I will not be, I'll come back from the dead. I'll punch whoever controls the world to do it too! I have so many years left, so much time. People to meet, places to explore, experiences to enjoy.

I'd say I would die happy, although I am only 15 and wouldn't be able to experience the real world for what it is...I would be happy, because I would die knowing that I made awesome friends, enjoyed life while I could, and I was more than just a mere human on this earth. I was a sister, and daughter, a cousin, and a best friend. I helped my friend and was there for them the best I could, I am somebody in someone's eyes, at least I was in somebody's. Even if I were to die tomorrow for whatever cause, I would reflect on all of that...:)

My childhood possibly wasn't the best, maybe it was because so much happened. I came, I saw, and I did my time on earth. So yes, I would be happy, knowing that I have impacted many and met so many wonderful people, and had used this amazing gift I was given. =w=

I'm relatively alone. Huh. Not a surprise, but I just wasn't expecting a 1-6/7 ratio. At best a 1-5/6 ration.

Times are hard. Life is harder. it's good that you are at a point in your life where you could die happy. but unfortunately there's alot of people who aren't in a good enough place to feel the same as you.

Well, I wouldn't be here to complain. xD

I still got stuff to do. Even if my early years wren't very great, the best is coming. I need to repair my guitar, buy a Roadrunner, and somehow find my "cutie mark".

When I was six, I almost drowned in a wave pool. I was dying happy.

Edited by GhostPony750
  • Brohoof 1

I would. 

A. I've actually completed my primary life goals. Finished them by age 25 in fact. Right now I'm just stuck "surviving" for the simple sake of it, and trying to do it comfortably. Which is actually taking away from my happiness overall.

B. I'm worth up to $250,000 dead... yep, I die and someone makes a big buck real fast. + with my house and land thrown into the deal. That really sweetens it up for that person.

So I could die tomorrow and feel good about it all really. Its been a good life, I completed my goals, and I've not much to look forward to atm as is.

I would also die knowing that those left behind are well taken care of with what I'll have left here for them. 

Another partial reason is I believe in living in the here and now. Its good to be prepared for the future, if you make it there. But at the same time you don't know what tomorrow holds. So having fun now is important, and not something that should be put off. 

Its good to always have your priorities set, and everything prepared.

Edited by GrimCW

No, because I haven't lived yet! I'm just going through college for something I worked my butt off last year to get into. I hope to be a father some day and I also happen to have hopes that I will see the singularity (and thus achieve immortality.) I would be downright ticked if I died tomorrow! All that preparation and waiting squandered by life's crappy RNG!

Edited by Celtore

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served."

- Roland Deschain

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I'd be pretty happy. Sad that it ended a lot sooner than I expected but happy with the experience I had along the way. "It was good while it lasted".

Honestly if I died tomorrow I would be kinda happy, I hate this world most of the people on the planet are complete assholes and every country wants to kill everyone else there is war, disease and sadness for the most part.

unfortunately if I died suddenly tomorrow I wouldn't be able to say goodbye to my good friends and I would likely miss my cats and my friends as well :(

No. I have many things I haven't done yet.

Primarily, meet my closest friends. They're all online, and quite frankly, if I never even got to meet my closest friend in the world I'd feel like I didn't accomplish anything at all. Friends are pretty much a persons step one to social life. So, to not even achieve that would be quite sad. Granted I'm only fifteen, so it's not like I've really had the chance to do anything. Yet.

At the moment when you have such a short time to live, what you wanted to do becomes irrelevant. At least, to me it does. While it would have been nice to go to college and follow my dreams, it's now impossible. No point in brooding over it.

Instead, I'd focus on what I already have done. And for me to die happy, I only need to know one thing: "Have I made others happy?" If the answer is yes, then I'll have died knowing I did what I could and made life enjoyable for others. If not, then... well... crap.  :(

Fortunately, upon so much as a half-second's thought, I can already count at least 15 people whose lives have been made better by my presence. The answer is yes; therefore, I'll have died happy.