Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Rarity steal from the hotel to make her dresses?

Magpie

So, did Rarity steal to make her dresses? I mean, that's not okay Rarity. That's the opposite of generosity. She just sang a whole freakin' song about generosity, then she steals from a hotel.

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 6

I'm fairly sure that she asked for permission before doing so. But since the ponies liked the hotel outfits, more ponies are probably likely to visit that hotel to stay now, I suppose. 

• Brohoof 1

I've never thought of that, but I'm with Kitty-Chan those were a lot of gems. But aren't gems somewhat worthless, I mean she made costumes covered in them for a SCHOOL play, I always thought she would have given bits... But that's just me.

• Brohoof 1

I cant imagine Rarity not paying for the stuff she used it seems highly unlikely that the element of generosity would randomly steal it doesn't seem like her

I've never thought of that, but I'm with Kitty-Chan those were a lot of gems. But aren't gems somewhat worthless, I mean she made costumes covered in them for a SCHOOL play, I always thought she would have given bits... But that's just me

for gems that are worthless the bell boy seems awfully happy when Rarity gave them to him :P

• Brohoof 4

Given the crazy generosity shown by her in the rest of the episode, I give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she paid the hotel for those items. 

I mean, do we assume she never paid for the room rental either, just because we didn't see her pay for it?

• Brohoof 6

I've never thought of that, but I'm with Kitty-Chan those were a lot of gems. But aren't gems somewhat worthless, I mean she made costumes covered in them for a SCHOOL play, I always thought she would have given bits... But that's just me.

Not to mention they're EVERYWHERE. Like in the diamond dogs episode, most of the ground was gems. Gems are only valuable because of their Rarity, pun unintentional but appreciated.

• Brohoof 5

Well, as others have said, the gems probably could've covered that, but even if they didn't, she probably did ask permission, it just wasn't necessary to show and would just use up time, which it's good they didn't because the episode was well paced without it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I suppose she probably got permission. I just hadn't thought of it and immediately jumped to the worst possible conclusion. (Well, the worst sensible solution, I guess the worst possible solution would involve mass murder, a clown costume, 3 size 11 bowling balls, and oranges, so many oranges.)

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 2

She found the gems, it's not like they were bought on the school's budget.  I'm not sure that indicates anything about their worth. 

(edited)

She found the gems, it's not like they were bought on the school's budget.  I'm not sure that indicates anything about their worth. 

She is the element of generosity. Maybe she just gave a small fortune in gems for a school play because generous.

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 1

Well that's a very good thought there! I actually didn't think about that myself. Though, I have to agree with the others above, I would assume that she gave them gems for it. I can imagine her just giving them gems without saying why lol

• Brohoof 1

I suppose she probably got permission. I just hadn't thought of it and immediately jumped to the worst possible conclusion. (Well, the worst sensible solution, I guess the worst possible solution would involve mass murder, a clown costume, 3 size 11 bowling balls, and oranges, so many oranges.)

The orange frog from boast buster? I knew he was up to no good

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Maybe she wasn't generous at all! She just didn't tell them she was paying for what she stole! She was just bribing him! Now he'll never tell! My view of Rarity is slipping by the moment, but I think I'm just misconstruing this to fit my view.

Edited by Brosparkles

Maybe she wasn't generous at all! She just didn't tell them she was paying for what she stole! 

"Maybe" is the key word, and since we have no proof of what Rarity did to make up for using the hotel's fabric, you're doing wrong in assuming that she stole and got away with it. 

"Maybe" is the key word, and since we have no proof of what Rarity did to make up for using the hotel's fabric, you're doing wrong in assuming that she stole and got away with it. 

Its a fun idea to play with though, at the very least.

Wouldn't be the first time she tried..  It would be in that she succeeded.. If she did...

She did try to steal the dragons treasure when they were trying to convince him to leave way back. :P

Generous she may be, but somewhat greedy also...  :ph34r:  :blink:

Edited by GrimCW

Maybe she wasn't generous at all! She just didn't tell them she was paying for what she stole! She was just bribing him! Now he'll never tell! My view of Rarity is slipping by the moment, but I think I'm just misconstruing this to fit my view.

Master Thief Rarity! no one would ever suspect it, being the element of Generosity is the perfect disguise

natg_day26_rarity__s_theft_by_runbowdash

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Master Thief Rarity! no one would ever suspect it, being the element of Generosity is the perfect disguise

Truly she is a master, pulling off such a legendary heist of...like...a lampshade and some curtains. But it's the heist that counts! I want an episode about her sneaking curtains and lampshades out of a hotel room, and adding them to an ever growing stash in a back alleyway, selling them on the black market to dressmakers all around the world once her fashion catches on, all to pay for her extravagant lifestyle in Manehattan. Heck, that's a decent fic idea, I'd give it like a C- for effort. Or have I gone mad?

Edited by Brosparkles

i pointed this out originally as a nit pick,

but i forgot this is a patern LOL.  she did this before in castelmania.

I wouldn't hate a high end master theif rarity.

Not that ripping off a hotel fits that mold.

Guess we have the birth of a new meme

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't hate a high end master theif rarity.

Not that ripping off a hotel fits that mold.

Dude, do you have any idea how much hotel stuff costs? She probably stole a small fortune in overpriced junk from the minibar too! Granted, it's not worth that much, but still! And she got a trophy for it at the end. (Once she made the hotel stuff into dresses.) Too bad it wasn't a gold bowl.

• Brohoof 2

Dude, do you have any idea how much hotel stuff costs? She probably stole a small fortune in overpriced junk from the minibar too! Granted, it's not worth that much, but still! And she got a trophy for it at the end. (Once she made the hotel stuff into dresses.) Too bad it wasn't a gold bowl.

LOL you are so bro hoofed LOL.  

*puts my head down laughing*.

your making me picture rarity act depp from the rum diares.  "are they not complementary?"

but i forgot this is a patern LOL.  she did this before in castelmania.

In Castle Mania she didn't try to steal anything, she just wanted to fix it and put it back up as it were.

Now going back to the ep with the dragon.. she did try to steal from his horde... failed.. but she did try.