Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Nature of Suri's Plan

Forlong

After watching Rarity Takes Manehattan a few more times, I started to ask myself questions about the antagonist.

Suri_Polomare_ID_S4E08.png

When exactly did Suri decide to steal Rarity's designs?  Did she only decide it when Rarity generously gave her the fabric?  Or did she think she could get something useful out of Rarity, and that's why she offered to help her set up?  She did know Rarity, and could have intended to exploit her from the beginning.

I believe that stealing Rarity's fabric was her intention the instant she saw the fabric. Which is why she then asked if she could borrow some of it, so that she could steal it. Seemed pretty obvious to me.

• Brohoof 1

Well, she saw that obviously Rarity was going to do infinitely better than she was; she didn't know Rarity would be there, judging by her reaction, and as a result, remembering her as being kind, decided to use that against her.

But when rarity made the new fashion line that still got her first place did Suri also consider this possibility or did she just think of the new strategy? Cause is she already had the backup plan that would prove that she really puts a lot of thought into stealing other pony's ideas. This gives Suri a lot of possible development.

I'm guessing this was something she came up with on the spot; as soon as she saw those designs, she knew that just had to get her hooves on the fabric. She probably didn't expect Rarity to be nice enough to lend her a whole sample without a second thought, though. Her terrible-ness is very flexible.

I think when she saw the type of fabric that Rarity had, she knew she had to get her hooves on the fabric. When Rarity was generous enough to give her a sample of the fabric, Suri had to use her generosity against her by using the sample and use it for her own dresses.