Spingle Bloob

Personally, I'd say the mini movie was decent but nothing more. I don't think it was good. It was especially nowhere near as great as the fanfic I read over a year ago. Now that really gave me some serious feels. :(  I wasn't even emotionally phased by this movie. I just couldn't really connect with it as I did with the fanfic. The acting was mediocre and they really could have chosen a much better voice actress for Rainbow Dash. That voice was just way too far off from Rainbow Dash's actual voice and I have heard much better and more similar voices to Dash than this girl. -_-

The protagonist didn't show his face for the entire film! I don't even get what was the point behind that. I'd also like to add that the overall pacing in the movie was a little rushed at certain points. I know it's a mini movie but just the way some of the scenes were paced really ruined the beautiful flow of the story that the fanfic had. It just didn't feel as real. The only thing that I did like about it was the animation of Rainbow Dash. It was quite impressive in my opinion.  :)

Overall I'd give it a 4.5/10. I was a bit disappointed but at least I got to see Rainbow Dash as an adorable little filly. :wub:

Something I noticed about the scene where Dash finds out the truth is that the TV says PONY instead of SONY! ^_^ I burst out laughing so hard when I saw that. That was some pretty good editing on their part :)

Wow, really? Dang you're good at noticing details. Thanks for pointing that out. I usually suck at noticing the little stuff. But wow, that is interesting. I wonder why they did that. Was just for the laugh-out-louds? Because I don't see any other reason that would make sense! ^_^

EDIT: Wow, you're right! It's RIGHT THERE at 13:34!  :o

• Brohoof 1

It was alright, I did actually cry to it! brought back a lot of memories from the original fanfic, I did kinda think the voice of Dashie could have been a little better though...

8r6aiHM.png

Never read the fanfic. At all.

But I knew of its reputation and it features my favorite of the mane 6 so I watched it.

I cried for at least 10 minutes. Holy Celestia I didn't expect feels for that. But given the context (parenting, having a daughter of sorts), and my age (28) things like this, and the movie Wolf Children have struck huge chords with me.

Sorry, I guess I'm a sucker for this. A shame I don't have kids and probably won't considering my luck. ;_;

nCdGMlr.png

So I rewatched it, and this time I didn't come at it from a critical angle.  I'll tell you boys and girls, cried like a little girl for 20 minutes!  My god, it felt SO good!  I was so satisfied, that I had to read the full fanfiction.  Aaaand I didn't like it as much.  It was more detailed, and it kinda filled in the gaps the movie made obvious, like when the dad character wants to pay Dash for mowing the lawn, and then says "She can go buy her own stuff with the money I give her"  LOL WAT?  How is this going to work exactly? She can't go out in public, and online stores use pay-pal of credit cards  In the full fanfic, he actually says right after that line that it probably doesn't matter, because she's a pony and couldn't be seen in public anyways.  And having the atmosphere of the music and visuals helps drive home the emotion.

WATCH IT NOW. 

It was good for what it is but reading / listening to, the fanfic itself was a lot more emotional. The fanfic itself had me shedding a few tears but this did not but still it was cute and well done, overall I loved it. It was just not as sad as the fanfic itself, but good though.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I didn't like it, as it felt like it was created to get an emotional response rather than tell a story. Rather than tell a nice little story about how a brony came live out his life fantasy, the whole thing felt designed to generate "feels" . From the almost constant sad piano score, to the "depressing apocalypse movie" lens flare and cinematography, and the ending could been seen coming from the title alone. 

• Brohoof 2

Even though I really don't like this fan fiction, I brought myself to watch the mini movie.

It was pretty cool with the use of the green screen effect and using their own pony animations for certain pats.

It's not bad. post-14906-0-95331900-1389683018_thumb.jpg

But I only say that because I'm not a huge fan of it :P

I think it was just the story's ending that threw it all off for me. (Now I'm getting off track)

Edited by Samurott77
  • Brohoof 1

If it was made longer and if the voice acting for the characters and the narrator's acting was strong and if it had still stuck to the original fanfic, it would've been a whole lot better.

Still, it's pretty good for what it is, I'll give the maker of the mini-movie that. I'm waiting to see if this could be an actual movie, one that has stuck true to the fanfic it's based on.

• Brohoof 1

Amazing.

That is a dream that I've had for a while, not gonna lie, but to see it so well animated/filmed was amazing, that was a hell of an emotional roller coaster for me and for him.

Amazing.

Just amazing <3

• Brohoof 1

If you actually took the time to read my forum post, I thank

Love you Dashie :wub:

img-2450051-1-JoeSig_zpsba62fad0.png

I thought that it was pretty good.  I teared up some, but I didn't full on cry with this video like I did when I listened to a dramatic reading of the fanfiction and when I read a comic book version.  I am not sure why.  I might think that I have just become desensitized to the story by now, if not for the fact that I have repeatedly cried at some videos after seeing them way more than three times.  Maybe I was just not in a major crying mood tonight.

cmxKh.gif

In all honesty;

I felt it was bad completely. There were a few minor redeeming elements, but I can't really knock it too much because the original fanfiction was pretty bad in terms of storytelling, plot holes and overall writing, so it's hard to create a good movie when the source material you're working with is so terrible. I'll eventually do a full video review, but ultimately I came in expecting the film to be kind of crappy, I was not disappointed because of that.

Didn't know about this story. I just finished the watching. I have mixed feels. I can't even tell am I love this story or not. On the one side the plot of this story is the creation of a very rich imagination of one of the Rainbow Dash fans. Maybe he saw it in a dream and then decided to write the fanfic. And you know what? I also have a rich imagination and when i was young I also imagined some unreal characters in real live (I'll not tell you whom I meant, it's too personal) So I can understand this guy. On the other side I know the feeling when you have to part with someone of whom you cared, so this story has not left me indifferent. Yeah we saw a stories lik this a lot of times before: "The odd live of Timothy Green" "The Walking Dead game" " The Last of Us" etc. But this kind of stories will always actual.

Edited by zev_zev

gqUUguB.png

In all honesty;

I felt it was bad completely. There were a few minor redeeming elements, but I can't really knock it too much because the original fanfiction was pretty bad in terms of storytelling, plot holes and overall writing, so it's hard to create a good movie when the source material you're working with is so terrible. I'll eventually do a full video review, but ultimately I came in expecting the film to be kind of crappy, I was not disappointed because of that.

Man, you're lookin' at it all wrong, man...

Just put aside the notion that the film was meant to be taken seriously. Focus on the brand new world of lulz made possible by this epic disasterpiece. Grab a friend and a bag of chips and just go to town on it. You'll have a blast!

Amoral cynic with a bitchin' vocabulary.

Check out A Century of Song if you like music from before this millennium.

img-13195-1-img-13195-1-MdSgkqe.png

Sig by ~Cider Barrel~ (design), Skaren (left vector), and ~Rhodarein (right vector). Avatar by ~Scootaloo (design) and Skaren (vector).

Mysterious human nature... 80% of all fanfictions based on any of the universe what I saw is a sad fanfictions. People are so used to the pain and suffering that is not imagine their life without pain and suffering. I have to admit: if I wrote a fanfiction, they too would have been in the genre of drama.

Edited by zev_zev

gqUUguB.png

Man, you're lookin' at it all wrong, man...

Just put aside the notion that the film was meant to be taken seriously. Focus on the brand new world of lulz made possible by this epic disasterpiece. Grab a friend and a bag of chips and just go to town on it. You'll have a blast!

There are things that are bad enough to where you think they are funny, such as The Room or Troll 2. Then there are things that are just bad because they are not even fun to make fun of. My Little Dashie falls into that category.

• 1 month later...

I didn't really like it. I've never read the fan fiction but the movie made me cringe a little. I DID NOT like what Rarity said in the end. It was a really bad joke and I don't think Rarity would Ever say that, right?

The voice actress for RD tried her best but there are better /: