Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Keys and Rainbow items

Winona the Dog

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy haven't had their "key" episode yet. It's like this:

Rarity Takes Manhattan and Rainbow Falls both focused on the respective element of harmony of the pony of focus - Rarity and her generosity in the former and Rainbow Dash and her loyalty in the latter. They both had an epiphany when they saw a rainbow at one point that acted as a sort of "aha!" moment. And of course, they both ended up with rainbow items - Rarity's spool of thread and Dash's badge.

We know two of the upcoming episodes are titled Pinkie Pride and Twilight Time. And from Pinkie Pride's description, we know the episode is focused on Pinkie Pie's partying abilities which ties into her element of laughter, so it's a safe bet that that will be the episode in which Pinkie Pie earns her key. All four of the episodes I mentioned have something in common with their title, that is they all feature a pony's name, which is the reason for why I believe Twilight Time will be Twilight's key episode. :)

Fluttershy and Applejack haven't had their key episodes announced yet, but rest assured we'll be seeing them later in the season.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 3

I think that another point that has yet to be noted is that both items were given to Rarity/Dash as recognition from another. I feel this may continue.

Well we have 4 more ponies and and 16 episodes left, as well as a 5th season, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Well we have 4 more ponies and and 16 episodes left, as well as a 5th season, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh yes, though it is looking like we'll have them all by the end of this season.

I was hoping it would take longer.

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy haven't had their "key" episode yet. It's like this:

Rarity Takes Manhattan and Rainbow Falls both focused on the respective element of harmony of the pony of focus - Rarity and her generosity in the former and Rainbow Dash and her loyalty in the latter. They both had an epiphany when they saw a rainbow at one point that acted as a sort of "aha!" moment. And of course, they both ended up with rainbow items - Rarity's spool of thread and Dash's badge.

We know two of the upcoming episodes are titled Pinkie Pride and Twilight Time. And from Pinkie Pride's description, we know the episode is focused on Pinkie Pie's partying abilities which ties into her element of laughter, so it's a safe bet that that will be the episode in which Pinkie Pie earns her key. All four of the episodes I mentioned have something in common with their title, that is they all feature a pony's name, which is the reason for why I believe Twilight Time will be Twilight's key episode. :)

Fluttershy and Applejack haven't had their key episodes announced yet, but rest assured we'll be seeing them later in the season.

Yeah you make a good and clear point, I definitely think Pinkie Pride with Weird Al will focus on Pinkie's element and Twilight Time will probably focus on Twilight's element or rather her key. I wonder though what those items will be since we have the spool and the badge? Ohhhhhh the suspense is killing me lol.

• Brohoof 1

Based on a recent tweet, its pretty unlikely that Twilight Time will be her key episode, apparently its going to be a CMC episode. Also, I would expect twilight to find her key last.

Here's the tweet for reference

Capture.PNG

Episode 15 is confirmed to be Twilight Time

Based on a recent tweet, its pretty unlikely that Twilight Time will be her key episode, apparently its going to be a CMC episode. Also, I would expect twilight to find her key last.

Here's the tweet for reference

Episode 15 is confirmed to be Twilight Time

It's possible that our source that confirmed Twilight Time as episode 15 is simply wrong. It would make sense that an episode with the title of Filli Vanilli is a CMC episode, whereas Twilight Time makes no sense at all. At one point the sources were saying that Three's A Crowd is the episode with Weird Al in it and we now know that information is false, as Weird Al is going to be in Pinkie Pride. This could just be simple case of mixing up the episodes and their numbers since mistakes do happen. Twilight Time could be episode 14 and Filli Vanilli might indeed be episode 15.

And if I'm wrong? Well, then Twilight gets to share spotlight with the Crusaders! This doesn't mean she can't earn her key too. We'll just have to hold our horses and see. ;)

Edited by Sugar Cube

Guess I'm just not paying attention, didn't even make the connection till now.

Since, ya know, they were key holes so, I figured they'd be actual keys xP

All I know is that I hope to Celestia all this rainbows stuff isn't leading to that "rainbow powers" gunk that's being sold by Hasbro.

Unfortunately, it most likely will. IIRC, Princess Cadence was being sold and advertised way before season 2's finale aired, and we got a smaller-scale leak of alicorn Twilight before they officially announced her. Ah yeah, and Sunset Shimmer was out in the open before EqG was announced.

So while, IMO, the Rainbow Power designs are still underwhelming compared to my own Super Dash and even though I was disappointed, I have come to accept them as the "Super Sonic" of MLP FiM. That is, IF they are super transformations. So as much as some of you hated the idea of a super transformation last year, we're getting them. No offense, btw.

Besides, having super forms is a nice needed change from the one-hit-and-your-down Harmony Blaster of old. It means that the ponies will actually struggle against the antagonists while staying powered up. Especially when you have Rainbow Powered Rainbow Dash's mane looking like a Super Saiyan 3. Now I admit, she does look cool like that. =P (But still pales in comparison to my own Super form design for her, really.)

Today episode made me think,what if the objects that are shown in the last seconds of the episodes are the keys that will open the Box that was shown in the season premiere? 

Let's analyze those a bit: 

First we have the Rainbow spool of thread,which was given to Rarity by Coco Pommel in the episode "Rarity takes Manehattan",what can it mean? Probably it is there to teach a lesson,about Generosity of course,it is there to remember Rarity that not everybody is generous,but in the crowd somebody will always stand tall against the others,Coco give it to her because Rarity shown her that,and they ended remember each other what is important,for one it was Her Element of Harmony,for the other is was that true friendship is the one that counts,not the one based on pure mutual interests; And so we now have one of the keys and a "reformed" Keeper of the Element. (with "reformed" i mean that she has now new trust in her element and now knows that it will always exist)

Second is the brooch that Spitfire gave to Rainbow Dash at the end of "Rainbow Falls",which is the manifastetion of Spitfire's gratitude towards Rainbow Dash,the mare that reminded the Wonderbolts Captain what is important in a team,Loyalty,and made RD conscious (once again) that her friends are something really important in her life,something that is more important than a gold medal,which lead her to trust her Element again and more strongly; So now we have two "reformed" Keepers of the elements and two keys. The other ones will probably make their appearance in near future episodes.

Those "keys" show really well the Elements and their importance,importance that was a bit set aside after the premiere,but comes alive once again with those objects,objects that have a meaning,so i will not be surprised if this whole speculation is true,but only time will tell,i'm confident that I have had the right supposition.

Now I want to ask a question to every user that is seeing this Topic,do you think that this is a good intuition? And if so,what are your thoughts about it,did you "capture" other useful information? Just write below :squee:  

in all honesty we don't have to be absolutelly brilliant to manage to get these conclusions, you sure hit all the right spots, but these 'rainbow' episodes are way too obvious that it's pretty easy to see everything that you just said.

Still good job on finding out the details  :derp:

Well the items don't have to be the keys themselves. They could be things that point to the keys in some way. Maybe the rainbow magic would help them see where the actual keys are... or help them reveal what is hidden...

I also just thought of something, the spool of thread given to Rarity represents what Rarity loves aka fashion and making clothes and the badge given to Rainbow Dash represents what Rainbow Dash loves being flying and the Wonderbolts. I wonder then what the other items will represent to the characters without items being Twilight, AJ, Fluttershy, and Pinkie.

It's possible that our source that confirmed Twilight Time as episode 15 is simply wrong. It would make sense that an episode with the title of Filli Vanilli is a CMC episode, whereas Twilight Time makes no sense at all. At one point the sources were saying that Three's A Crowd is the episode with Weird Al in it and we now know that information is false, as Weird Al is going to be in Pinkie Pride. This could just be simple case of mixing up the episodes and their numbers since mistakes do happen. Twilight Time could be episode 14 and Filli Vanilli might indeed be episode 15.

And if I'm wrong? Well, then Twilight gets to share spotlight with the Crusaders! This doesn't mean she can't earn her key too. We'll just have to hold our horses and see. ;)

I will give you that the episode order or titles might be mixed up, but I still stand by my opinion that Twilight will be the last of the mane 6 to receive her key, likely in the season finale or just before it (at which point she's oblivious to its true nature like rarity and RD at the moment.)

Edited by GrifCannon
  • Brohoof 1

Well at first I didn't believe this whole, if something rainbow is glowing it's going to the key or point towards the key. But, now that I have seen it in 2 episode now, I am a little more convinced now that it's true. Just need to see it one more time in an episode. 

Guess I'm just not paying attention, didn't even make the connection till now.

Since, ya know, they were key holes so, I figured they'd be actual keys xP

I'm guessing once all are collectied they become keys.

I definitely think that Rarity and Rainbow Dash have theirs, and Pinkie Pie will probably get hers from Cheese Sandwich. However, I doubt that the fang was Fluttershy's. I think they're going to get back to that later in the season maybe.

I agree with Rinne here. I have noticed that the episodes in which the "keys" were received centered around only the character who got it. The fang cannot be a key, as AJ was also a central character, if you get what I'm saying here.

• Brohoof 1

this would explain a lot, and well, i can't really think of a whole lot that would disagree with your theory.

well, there's pfcpurse the fact that the box has actual keyholes.

img-2214834-1-Mysterious_chest_S4E2.png

and i dunno how a fang is gonna fit into that. but other than that, this is now my fav theory to what are gonna be the keys too!

Maybe those "keys" will transform into actual keys. The sky is the limit when magic is involved, and bananas too! (okay not bananas, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were Pinkie's key :)

I'm sorry earn, but if Fluttershy's fang didn't have a rainbow glow, then it's not her key. Although that would be hilarious if she needed to bite the lock! *CHOMP*

• Brohoof 1

It could be that the CMC decide to be Princess Twilight's personal guards.  The comedy just writes itself from there.

• Brohoof 1

My theory is that the six keys are gifts to the mane ponies for following their element of harmony, even though they might be tempted not to (and the gifts relate to their talents), basically, Rarity shows Coco Pommel generosity, by giving her the chance to design costumes for a broadway musical, so Coco Pommel gives her a gift of the Rainbow Spool, the first key. Then, when Rainbow Dash shows her loyalty to Ponyville in Rainbow Falls, she gets rewarded with a wonderbolt pin, the second key. Pinkie, Applejack, Fluttershy and Twilight's keys have yet to be revealed, although I do have a few theories about those:

Applejack: Is very honest with someone, does the right thing, gets rewarded with a golden apple, or something related to Apples

Pinkie: Makes someone laugh very hard, even though they're a big meanie, gets rewarded with special balloons, or something party related#

Fluttershy: Shows kindness to someone really mean, gets rewarded with a special bunny, maybe?

Twilight: Magics all over the place, the key is actually her horn, but requires all the other keys to be present.