Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else felt rainbow falls was to rigged? (spoilers)

FNGRpony

Okay,

i'm assuming the equistra games is for the best of the best.

with all respect to flutters and protean shake (or what ever their calling snow ball these days)

how can i put this gently?  If you care about the competition at all how would you not ditch them?

i'm not saying flutter shy doesn't work in this episode.  I think this is her best season 4 episode.

And snow ball, works briefly, at moments,

but like they had no business being there.  None.  Imagine if rarity as in a dress making contest and she needed a second

and the writers made AJ her second.

Now would that be fun to watch?  Oh yeah.  I'm totally down to see that.  but like wouldn't your suspension of disbelief flat line?

Wasn't Bulk Biceps one of the hopefuls for the Wonderbolts?  He's clearly a strong flier, if a bit slow.  Fluttershy managed to become quite a good flier.  I do believe there was an episode on that topic.

So no, I don't think it was to extreme for them to be on the team.  Fluttershy could have used more explanation.  Saying that she wanted to prove to herself that she wasn't just a good flier but a great one.  The episode could have used that, but doesn't really lose anything with it's absence.  Did we need to hear why AJ suddenly started making energy bars?  Did we need to know why Derpy was there, even though she wasn't competing?  No.  This wasn't their story.

However, there are some that had contention with the lack of several explanations.  Even Digibrony himself had that problem with this episode.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

The episode was not rigged in any way. I don't think that the episode needed an explanation, I still have a lot of questions on why AJ, Twilight, and Rarity were there but I know that they were there for moral support.

But here is how I see it, Corey forgot that Fluttershy and Bulk are fliers that can handle themselves from what we have seen in Wonderbolts Academy and Hurricane Fluttershy. Consistency, please!

Edited by Scootalove

I think Bulk Biceps got nerfed a bit here. He was seen at the academy and even the thing in Hurricane Fluttershy so clearly he's a, fairly decent filer.

Fluttershy is rather inconsistent in impossible to measure so I don't know about her.

Tyler Blu Gunderson, on 19 Jan 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

I think Bulk Biceps got nerfed a bit here. He was seen at the academy and even the thing in Hurricane Fluttershy so clearly he's a, fairly decent filer.

Fluttershy is rather inconsistent in impossible to measure so I don't know about her.

This. Anyways, both Bulk and Fluttershy have shown themselves to be quite the capable fliers. With the right motivation, the team of those two alongside Rainbow Dash could be quite good actually. Like you said though, Bulk appeared to get nerfed a bit.

I think most issues with any episode can be linked back to the writer not thinking things through and not having a fan like knowledge of the show. I've seen enough writers interviewed to know that their knowledge of the show is very, hate to say it this, but very limited and MLP is just one of many gigs they have and often months or years apart. Now Meghan is in a position to keep things together, but she also has to deal with Hasbro and changes made in Canada by the production people and maybe even the VAs. Also the show doesn't have the services of a visionary creator who drives the show forward and has thought it all out like many dramas have.

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 1

Wasn't Bulk Biceps one of the hopefuls for the Wonderbolts?  He's clearly a strong flier, if a bit slow.  Fluttershy managed to become quite a good flier.  I do believe there was an episode on that topic.

So no, I don't think it was to extreme for them to be on the team.  Fluttershy could have used more explanation.  Saying that she wanted to prove to herself that she wasn't just a good flier but a great one.  The episode could have used that, but doesn't really lose anything with it's absence.  Did we need to hear why AJ suddenly started making energy bars?  Did we need to know why Derpy was there, even though she wasn't competing?  No.  This wasn't their story.

However, there are some that had contention with the lack of several explanations.  Even Digibrony himself had that problem with this episode.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Check the time stamp for the post I think i beat digi's video

either way i swear I didn't rip him off LOL.

you know what's a nightmare?  beating his response on u tube with your own.  I gave up.

I think it was necessary for them all to be there to really drive home the lessons about loyalty. And I think the writers probably want the Mane 6 present in all of the key episodes.

So wait, sense when does the moral have to be the driving factor?

It's kinda weird that's the episodes strongest part in spire of being a bad episode is how rain bow handles everything.

I mean why did the wonder bolts have to be even bigger tools than before?  

Spit fire i mean.

Like she got worse, honest to God, it's like she's competing for jerk of the year.