Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has anybody ever cried while watching or doing pony related stuff?

Danfo98

there are a few things like the fanfiction My little dashy and a few songs like I'll fly higher by Acousticmondobrony,

and Isn't it great to be different  by Forest Rain.

Isn't it great to be different : was the song that got me to except that I was a brony. :(  The feels.

Whenever the CMC get treated like garbage. Though it makes me angry rather than sad because I have to deal with people like Diamond tiara and Silver spoon constantly.

Octavia's Overture instrumental makes me almost cry.

Edited by Judgement
  • Brohoof 1

I get feels when like the ponies are real sad or crying, and sometimes from sad fan stuff, but never have i actually cried from it. I kinda feel a bit emotionless at times, so here is no exception, frankly something really really bad has to happen to make me cry. So unfortunately i've never cried over ponies.

Heck the last time i really cried at all really was like 5-6 months ago? I've teared up a bit, but never full out cried since then really, and even then it wasn't really full out crying.

In other words, i wish i could, and probably need to cry more, but i don't.

But yeah. Also don't wanna make myself to depressed or anything.

So the only time I've ever cried regarding a work of fiction was the end of Terminator 2. 

Now this pissed me off, because I watched that My Little Dashie mini movie, and I kept getting choked up, but I was never able to really cry.  You know that feeling where you want to cry so fucking much, but your body just wont let you, like there just isn't enough punch emotionally to get you all the way there?  I hate it, so so so much.  If they would have made it just a nanometer more sad, I would have actually cried.  So right after I went to listen to a reading of it, because I wanted to express that pent up energy, but I already knew what was going to happen, so I just felt a little sad in the end.  Bunch of bullshit. 

• Brohoof 2

I get feels when like the ponies are real sad or crying, and sometimes from sad fan stuff, but never have i actually cried from it. I kinda feel a bit emotionless at times, so here is no exception, frankly something really really bad has to happen to make me cry. So unfortunately i've never cried over ponies.

Heck the last time i really cried at all really was like 5-6 months ago? I've teared up a bit, but never full out cried since then really, and even then it wasn't really full out crying.

In other words, i wish i could, and probably need to cry more, but i don't.

But yeah. Also don't wanna make myself to depressed or anything.

I'm already depressed so...... And sometimes you just need to let it out right? I am overly emotional. But when it comes to violence I don't give a buck, unless there are emotional ties to the characters.

I'm already depressed so...... And sometimes you just need to let it out right? I am overly emotional. But when it comes to violence I don't give a buck, unless there are emotional ties to the characters.

I'm kinda hanging on the fine line here and there, so i don't really need to much extra added.

But i do agree you need to let it out sometimes for sure, i wish i could, but honestly i really just don't cry very easy at all. 

I'd almost rather that i was overly emotional then super un emotional.

Regardless i kinda wish i was a bit more in touch with my emotions.. Oh well.

So the only time I've ever cried regarding a work of fiction was the end of Terminator 2. 

Now this pissed me off, because I watched that My Little Dashie mini movie, and I kept getting choked up, but I was never able to really cry.  You know that feeling where you want to cry so fucking much, but your body just wont let you, like there just isn't enough punch emotionally to get you all the way there?  I hate it, so so so much.  If they would have made it just a nanometer more sad, I would have actually cried.  So right after I went to listen to a reading of it, because I wanted to express that pent up energy, but I already knew what was going to happen, so I just felt a little sad in the end.  Bunch of bullshit. 

I feel that feeling all the time, i feel like i wanna cry but i freaking can't.

Actually ends up making me really made alot of the time, makes me wanna drive a hole through a wall or something...

Especially considering how i don't cry easy.

My Little Dashie choked me up pretty good, only because I can relate so much to the story.

"When life is as dull and grey as the world around you, sometimes all you need is a little color (or six) to remind you what makes life worth living."

I. Know. That. Feel.

MLP honestly took me out of a dark place with its bright, non-judgemental, happiness and rekindled my feelings of innocence and joy. Something I'd previously lost.

But really the first movie that made me full on cry was recently. The Lone Survivor. I read the book in 2011. Cried like a bitch. Saw the movie two weeks ago. Cried like a baby-back bitch. The whole story just atomic-elbow's you directly in the feels. It made me think too hard of the best friends I serve with. Friends I've lost. They really are like brothers. Willing to die for you and you for them at the drop of a hat. It's unspoken, but it's real. And watching this movie, and seeing the pain of losing your brothers as they die to protect each other is just a feels-a-thon from hell.

Sorry for getting off topic, but seriously. Read this book or see this movie.

• Brohoof 1

I think I might have a little bit: never been in floods of tears though

In Sonic Rainboom, the part just before Rainbow Dash saves Rarity and she screams and is about to hit the ground, that part always gets me and I choke up a bit.

I teared up a bit during the season 2 finale when Celestia and the main five just abandoned Twilight. I found that quite sad, and the music made it even more so. So, when Celestia got her butt kicked and the other five were in shock that Twilight was right. I just told myself, "serves them right". :P

I did cry when I saw Scootaloo being bullied over her inability of flight, it did make me hate Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon even more.

Almost this ^^

It made my heart ache for the little filly when she seemed so distraught over that, and the taunting she was given. And again when she laid it all out to RD and asked "What if I never fly?"... It does raise questions, but it was also a touching moment where RD shined while not denying the possibility. She also encouraged her to just be herself and try her best at what she can do, and not be overly concerned with what she can't.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

Yesterday I watched the my little dashie mini movie... I cried as much as when my dog died. Now I feel so depressed, I want to end my life... I'm in a lot of emotional distress right now.

Yesterday I watched the my little dashie mini movie... I cried as much as when my dog died. Now I feel so depressed, I want to end my life... I'm in a lot of emotional distress right now.

Whoa whoa easy there, just take a little break! 

I sometimes wish I could.  I can honestly say that I wanted to once or twice... but I couldn't even cry when I got divorced, or family members died, or my ex-wife killed my dog to spite me.  Some material has certainly evoked powerful emotions... just this world, the military, the fact that I'm a guy, have all conspired to kill that part of me that is willing to express weakness.  In someways that is just part of who I am, but I'm not convinced that is supposed to a part of anyone.  

The only thing that has managed to make me cry from very early childhood was physical pain, in tremendous amounts.  I'm not really all that tough, just cold, jaded, and incapable.  

It's a little sad really.

Edited by Dark Dawn

This was a long time ago, but when I was searching fan art of different Ponies, I saw a series of pieces that involved Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash. It was about Scootaloo trying to fly and then dying from a fall, and Rainbow Dash trying to deal with it cause she blames herself. I shouldn't of read it but I did and I cried like a little baby.

Really, I've never cried while doing pony things at all, even when reading a sadfic like MLD. That doesn't mean I don't feel any kind of emotion torwards it. Instead of crying, I usually feel kind of depressed for a few minutes and get over it.