music Who's been to a Concert?

Freeze-Frame

I went to see Imagine Dragons live back in May. It was a great concert even though it started an hour late. They had some trouble setting things up. XD

I was out of town when The Black Keys were in town this summer and I was pretty sad about that. :P

Edited by Super Derpy

There was a series of concerts put on outside of the Portland, OR area, by a radio station 94.7 KNRK called "Big Stink". I was fortunate enough to get tickets to 6 and 7, in '02 and '03, as well at the pre-concert show "Little Stink". Got to see an awfully long list of bands that put on a show. 

To list a few...

- Good Charlotte

- The Offspring

- Stabbing Westward

- Alien Ant Farm

- Sum 41

- Nickelback

- Earshot

- Cypress Hill

- Muse

- Chevelle

I've also been to a couple out in the Virginia area. One of them featured Rise Against, with From Autumn To Ashes, and a couple others as their front-runners. But, the best concert I've been to - by far - was Tiesto's College Invasion Tour, at the Norfolk Scope. Best. Day. Ever.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen Distant Worlds both times that they've come to Boston.  It's a great show, even if it's not exactly the sort of concert that everyone else seems to be mentioning here.

More recently, I saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Lost Christmas Eve when they performed at the Mohegan Sun Arena just this past December.  That was pretty fun too, though the acceptable etiquette for that type of concert is very different from what I'm used to.

I've been lucky enough to see many live performances, some of which include:

Prince, Winnipeg, 2011.

Deep Purple, Winnipeg, 2011.

Trans Siberian Orchestra, Winnipeg, every year since 2010.

Joe Satriani, multiple locations (I won a tour contest), 2013.

There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you see your heroes in the flesh, so whenever a decent act rolls into Manitoba I try everything I can to get the opportunity to go see it.

Excluding orchestra concerts, I've only been to two concerts, and they were Chicago and Streetlight Manifesto in 2011.

Chicago is my favorite, so it was neat to see them live, even if they're now far from the band I love. They understand what the fans want, and played more of their late 60s/70s output than their 80s and later music, which was nice. A good portion of the band may be gone, but they still rocked, so, it was fun.

And of course it was nice to see Streetlight Manifesto in what was likely their only visit to my local city. The ticked only cost $15, too. It would have been a true crime to pass that one up! I actually am much more into the band now than I was back then, but I still very much liked them back then. Honestly did not know you could ever make wind instruments quite that loud. xD

• Brohoof 1

Good news, I actually might see Sting and Paul Simon.  Although I might have to pay for the ticket myself, and all I can afford is a crappy seat in the back.  Still, Sting is awesome and cannot wait to see him live, if it's official.

post-23514-0-52947600-1391284610_thumb.jpg

Aerosmith x4

Ted Nugent x2

Cheap trick x2

Blue Oyster Cult x1

Paul McCartney x1

Elton John x1 (First concert I ever paid for)

Robin Trower x1

Alice Cooper x1

Double Trouble x1

Deep Purple x1

I've been to my fair share of concerts. My dad thought that it would be good to see all these people as a kid, seeing as chances are I won't be able to as an adult. My first concert was Aerosmith at age 4, at Alpine Valley, Wisconsin. Hardly remember it but I'm sure I had a good time.

• Brohoof 2

Off the top of my head, I've seen Assemblage 23, Dreams Divide, Agalloch, Alcest, Wodensthrone,Dornenreich, Eastern Front, Iron Maiden, Global Citizen, System FX, futurefrenetic, Murderdolls, Deathstars, Black Veil Brides, Kamelot, Saxon, Children of Bodom, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Slipknot, Rodger Waters (Pink Floyd), Dragonforce, Machinehead, Arch enemy and quite a lot of other bands which I can't really remember.

I was supposed to get tickets to see The Cure yesterday, but they sold out of affordable tickets almost instantly.  

• Brohoof 1

Thunder-Dash, on 28 Jan 2014 - 4:04 PM, said:
@@Muffin_bag123,

Newsboys were there, Tenth Avenue North was there and so were 1,000 Foot Crush, Plumb, Newsong, Lecrae, Love and The Outcome and others. 
O: this is a concert you've been to?
I love Newboys, Tenth Avenue North, Newsong, and Lecrae! I only know one of Thousand Foot Krutch songs though.

For me, though I've been to (in order of goingness):

Chris Tomlin concert. He's my favorite singer and Louey Giglio was there, a Mercy Me concert, Bryan Adams, and the last concert I went to had Steven Curtis Chapman, Laura Story and Jason Grey, but I didn't enjoy it very much :/

And for smaller concerts I've been to The Rising, which had Lecrae and in the same week went to a Group One Crew thing. 

I'd like to go to a Skillet concert one day. For my birthday I'm concidering making my "party" be a couple tickets to a concert they're playing in along with other bands and singers I love ^^

Edited by The Leafeon Pinkeh
  • Brohoof 1

hmm I've been to several Rochester Philharmonic concerts do those count? :)

Not sure who it was I saw while in Iraq, but they had a couple bands come out and one played at a port we stopped in, and another on the ship... I wasn't really paying attention to names at the time :P

Them aside.. They have live irish groups at the Pub I hang around at times, rather often. And during the summer they have mini music festivals almost every week just outside it. Not limited to Irish bands either mind you :)

• Brohoof 1

Went to a couple.

• Winter Jam 2011: Newsboys (headliner), David Crowder Band, Kutless, Red, Francesca Battistelli, NewSong, KJ-52, Sidewalk Prophets, Chris Sligh, Jason Castro, and Chris August
  • Winter Jam 2013: tobyMac (headliner), Red, Matthew West, Jamie Grace, NewSong, Sidewalk Prophets, Royal Tailor, Jason Castro, OBB, Capital Kings. Easily the best concert I've been to. tobyMac is amazing live, and all acts were solid. Also had floor seats.
  • Faith, Family, and Freedom 2013: Building 429 (headliner), Sanctus Real, Mandisa, Plumb, and For King and Country. Second worst concert I have been to. Bad seats and bad performances.  I actually left the stands with some friends during the entire Building 429 act.
  • Xplicit STS: tobyMac (headliner), Audio Adrenaline. Worst concert I've been to (it was actually a conference with a concert, so...). tobyMac was very limited, and Audio Adrenaline was the worst act I've ever heard live.

There's some I would like to go to soon, however.

I've been to a muse concert, probably the biggest one. I saw a few small ones at some crappy place, but the shows weren't too bad. There's also a lot of concerts at my school, but I usually don't just see them, as I'm either working a camera, playing in the show, or both.

Godsmack

Rob Zombie

Shinedown

Three Days Grace

Hinder

Papa Roach

Nickelback

Trans Siberian Orchestra several times

I'm dying to go see Avenged Sevenfold though!

Edited by Greywolfin