Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite thing to cook?

HeroSparks

Roast Gammon join covered in a lovely honey glaze, nothing better :)

I also cook loads of veggies with it which is AWESOME!

If I hadn't listened to a Rooster Teeth Podcast last week I would have had no idea what that was. Luckily, I do know and I have to agree, it is awesome

Umm... does cereal count?  :squee:  That's pretty much the extent of my ability.

It totally counts. What's your favorite kind?

I'm not much of a cook, but I love to smoke all kinds of meat. Chicken, beef, pork, venison, fish, probably anything I can get into the smoker. Vegetables are good in there too. Doesn't really count as cooking to a lot of people, but it technically is and it's something I enjoy doing, simple as it may be.

I'm more of a baker. Any kind of pastry, bread, or cake is relevant to my interests.

Anything nuke-able. Because I seriously hate cooking.

My favorite thing that I cook is probably golabki or tacos.

Or when I was in college, I used to take packages of ramen, throw out the flavor packet, cuz that shit's nasty and cook it with chicken bullion instead. On another burner, I'd caramelize some chopped onions, then mix in scrambled eggs, adding soy sauce and sugar. I'd put the ramen in the bowl and pour some of the soup on top, then top it with the soy sauce eggs. I used to love that shit.

I also like sloppy joes because they're easy to make. I take a pound of meat, half an onion and a green pepper, each diced, and cook them together, seasoning with pepper and celery salt. In a mixing cup, I'll combine 200 ml of ketchup, a teaspoon of mustard, about as much garlic powder as I feel like and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and mix. When the meat is browned, I drain the fat, mix the sauce into the meat and cook for about 5 minutes. It's pretty good. I like sloppy joes, and my mom always used to use the stuff that comes in a jar for sloppy joe mix. However, they don't sell sloppy joe mix in Japan. Onions, green peppers, garlic powder, ketchup, mustard and brown sugar are all ingredients that are easy to obtain in Japan.

One way I cope with homesickness is cooking. Not because I like to cook, but because I can make stuff that I used to have at home. It's a little more inconvenient when you can't just make something out of a box, but it makes me feel less homesick to eat foods that I used to eat at home. If there's something I used to eat from a package (like sloppy joes,) I'll look for a recipe that has ingredients I can find easily. Because not all ingredients are easily available in Japan. For example, Bisquick. I find that a lot of these recipes are pretty simple and taste a lot like what I have at home. For example, for Christmas, I was able to make a really good stuffing with the ingredients at my disposal. I was so happy because I love stuffing :3

Anyway, I really don't like cooking. I just like eating, lol

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Though I haven't made it for a long while, I enjoyed making banana bread from scratch.  I'd mash and add ripe (preferably) bananas, and I'd always end up with chunks in the finished product.  I liked it.  Cobbler is another thing that I've abandoned; though it's one of the easier damned things to bake.

I just like really simple itallian food mainly kinda like spaghetti, dough based things, always try and keep it somewhat healthy although that doesnt always work

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: