Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Offensive" Coke Commercial

LunaUmbra

I'm disappointed. America is becoming so nationalist it doesn't even recognize the blend of OTHER cultures creating the American culture. Simply, those nationalist idiot don't have a clue at all what they are talking about. It could in a way be offensive to other cultures, saying they worship America, which is certainly not true, and why should it be?

• Brohoof 1

People should stop being so sensitive, in other words finding reasons to start an uproar over a commercial that can be overlooked. Besides, I thought America was the land of opportunity, freedom, and free of racism? Which is why I strongly believe that if anyone is being racist, it's those who are calling it a slap in the face to America, for there are people of different races on them....so I guess those of race are a slap in the face? Huh.

America, Land of the Free!
...Unless you're black, hispanic, asian, middle-eastern, white, Jewish, Muslim, non-Christian, Christian, poor, middle-class, rich, human, animal, flora, or mineral.

People in general need to lighten up.

• Brohoof 6

All I can say is why is nobody up in arms about the fact that the soft drink has chemicals in it known to cause cancer?

Really? Like what? Do you have a solid proof or something like that? You got me curious.

Did anyone know that originally coke a cola, literally had cocaine in it? Yup, that's true, it did. Hence the name...

But there are worse things out there than modern Cola, like: cigarettes, the amount of chemical in those things, disgusting... let's see, nail polish remover, toilet cleaner, arsenic, (ever notice how arsenic has the word arse in it?), paint stripper, you name it...

• Brohoof 3

America, Land of the Free!

...Unless you're black, hispanic, asian, middle-eastern, white, Jewish, Muslim, non-Christian, Christian, poor, middle-class, rich, human, animal, flora, or mineral.

People in general need to lighten up.

You forgot Buddhist, Wiccan, and Satanist in there. Anyway, I stopped watching the Super Bowl once the first quarter ended and I never saw the ad, so I have nothing to comment.

You forgot Buddhist, Wiccan, and Satanist in there. Anyway, I stopped watching the Super Bowl once the first quarter ended and I never saw the ad, so I have nothing to comment.

They fall under "non-Christian" because in this day and age, it's all about those initial three. Everything else has simply backed off to let them fight between each other.

Also, Australians don't watch the superb owl.

• Brohoof 1

They fall under "non-Christian" because in this day and age, it's all about those initial three. Everything else has simply backed off to let them fight between each other.

Also, Australians don't watch the superb owl.

Nah we got other shitty sports to watch like Cricket, Tennis and AFL

Edited by Raiden NightSong
  • Brohoof 1

If you included V8 Supercars on that list we would have some problems :P

Whilst I don't really like watching a bunch of cars going around in a circle, I can understand the excitement of it for other people, I just find Tennis, Cricket and AFL b-o-r-i-n-g!

Whilst I don't really like watching a bunch of cars going around in a circle, I can understand the excitement of it for other people, I just find Tennis, Cricket and AFL b-o-r-i-n-g!

Mount Panorama is a circle? Holy Jesus you must have failed geometry with a negative score :P

• Brohoof 1

I can guarantee you a good portion of people raising hell about it are the rednecks that truly believe the USA is white mans land and everyone that isn't white or doesn't speak English should go back to wherever. 

If you look back in history, this land was inhabited by natives, and the other nations quickly began to come in and push them out. When we were established, there is a certain term they made for us that all Americans should remember and respect. "Melting Pot" We are a nation built on the foundation of multiple nationalities coming together and living in peace, though it seems many have forgotten this ideal.

I have way more important things to worry about that a bunch of brain dead zombies getting their panties in a bunch over some commercial like the fact that America is becoming a police state or that the dollar is becoming so worthless thanks to inflation that we might as well wipe our asses with it. If more people got upset about you know stuff that actually matter we wouldn't have so many problems. I suppose this picture sums up how I feel about this.

I-Dont-Give-a-Shit.jpg

America is suppose to be a melting pot of different people, cultures, and beliefs.

America IS a melting pot >___>;;; and it's a bad thing. When a country is a melting pot of culture, it means that all the cultures are just blended in to one big soup. Nothing stands out and everything is very uniform and very the same.

Canada prides itself at home and abroad as a country made up of a cultural mosaic rather than a cultural melting pot. The mosaic is based on our belief that Canada as a whole becomes stronger by having immigrants bring with them their cultural diversity for all Canadians to learn from. The cultural melting pot, as adopted in the United States, tells immigrants that no matter who they have been in the past, upon landing on American shores, they are Americans and are expected to adopt and follow the American way.

And with other people who speak English... They wouldn't speak French just because they were in France...

Actually... they would :P France has very little tolerance for English speaking people whether they live there or are just passing through. It is very hard to find someone to help you if you do not speak French. The best way to get help there is if you find another English speaking foreigner who can help you find your way. Besides, if you moved to another country where the main language was not English, it would SO stupid and arrogant to not learn the language to a degree and just expect the country and its people to accommodate to you. :P

Now, Canada is worse... not all of Canada, but Québec. If you are a Canadian citizen or a foreigner and you want to move to, say, Montreal? GOOD LUCK, BUDDY! They actually have a law there that states if you are not fluent in Canadian French within 3months of your moving there, you are kicked out. I AM DEAD SERIOUS. @____@ Québec sucks.

@@Meirno, D: Melting pot is a bad thing! Google it vs cultural mosaic T___T

• Brohoof 1

Racists are going to whine about people being decent non-bigoted human beings, because they realize their ideology is dying, and that multiculturalism is here to stay, and is only becoming more true of our nation, not less. And that realization makes bigots say and do stupid things.

When you push forward for progress, there will always be regressive people who push back. Just keep going forward, because you're on the right side of history, and you - not them - will be the one who gets to look back and smile at having won in the end.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

Actually... they would :P France has very little tolerance for English speaking people whether they live there or are just passing through. It is very hard to find someone to help you if you do not speak French. The best way to get help there is if you find another English speaking foreigner who can help you find your way. Besides, if you moved to another country where the main language was not English, it would SO stupid and arrogant to not learn the language to a degree and just expect the country and its people to accommodate to you. :P

I believe you misunderstood what I was trying to say... What I meant was not that people shouldn't learn the language of the country they move to... I would be the last person to suggest such a thing... What I meant to say was that people have a right to speak their native language in their own home ! I wasn't suggesting they don't learn the language of the country I was implying that if your first language is not the native tongue spoken in the country in which you live, then of course you're going to speak your first language in your own home or with friends in the country who speak the same language... They aren't just going to forsake their first language in their own home... Edited by JellyBean
  • Brohoof 1