Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Decaying Life

Demirari

(Note: Still accepting OCs.)

A small event will occur on the small peaceful town of Crossrails. Being settled near a pre-war train station and a crossroad, it was an active participant of the trading between small towns, traders, and the occasional City-state goods will arrive.

It mostly have small buildings, a small bar, a large market due to its location, and other buildings not worth noting. However, a small nice house serves as the mayor's home and office.

The lands around it are mostly dried and cracked from a pre-war battle located here. One could find bullets, weapons, pre-war currency, uniforms, and skeletons around. It is not unheard of having a sudden boom from the fields, mostly from mines that hadn't detonated.

(Essentially, your characters will be in, passing by, or approaching Crossrails.)

(Intro to currency.)

In this world, caps and bullets are the main currency.

Caps being from bottles and such. And the usually conversion rate is 10 caps per every bullet. Conversion will differ, depending on the bullet.

----

Gentle Secret sighed as she read a small book in the town's "library." A shabby one, a few books, most were in poor condition. But it'll do for now, she was only just passing by, and thankfully not staying here for a prolonged period of time.

It was rather quiet with the nearby librarian, a old-timer reading a small book. The librarian would occasionally glance out of the window with his dull eyes. It was peaceful, reminding her if a small lodging in a mountain range she had found before. Gentle Secret returned back to her reading, more focused after taking a mini-rest from reading.

Edited by Demirari

Blue sighed as she sat at a bar drinking some old wine which was atlest 30 years old. She sighed as the bitterness made contact with her mouth. She really had a drinking problem sense her friend died from getting stabed in the head in her sleep. She really had nothing to do here but get drunk and sleep. She thought about her friend as she finshed the bottle.

Gloom walked though the streets with his pitch black cart behind him. Full of many things to trade. Guns and ammo, melee weapons, clothes, even books. What he thought was worth something. He also had a few other things that weren't for sail, but we'll leave it at that. After a bit of walking Gloom made it to his destination. Witch happen to be the towns library.  During one night out in the wasteland. He the ruins of a old library. And lucky for him he found a ton of old books in pretty good shape. Now he was looking for a play that would buy them. He puts all the books on his back and walks into the library, but not before putting his warning sigh on his cart that said 'LAY ONE HOOF ON THIS CART AND I'LL SKIN YOU ALIVE AND EAT YOUR INNARDS!'. When he got to the counter he dumped all the book in front of the librarian. "I'll give you all of these for 600 caps."

Night Comb walked tiredly into a small library. Ponies were inside, doing various tasks. It seemed to be a safe place. He set down his bags and slumped against the wall. His hooves hurt from so much travel. He grabbed an apple and ate it quietly, hoping he could stay there to rest and rearm.

StarShine bumped into night comb. She held a book under her wing. Her glasses fell off her face and she scrambled to find them. Se had knocked them beside Nightcombs hoof. She panicked as everything around her was blurry without her big black thick rimmed glasses.

(She's kind of a nerd. She's a bookworm but is a tough cookie, she lived out in the country so she can fight well and shoot a gun quite easily)

Night Comb walked tiredly into a small library. Ponies were inside, doing various tasks. It seemed to be a safe place. He set down his bags and slumped against the wall. His hooves hurt from so much travel. He grabbed an apple and ate it quietly, hoping he could stay there to rest and rearm.

The librarian looked up from his reading. His eyes seem to lit, like a small candle in a dark room. Bartering skills of course had left this old-timer as he spoke slowly, "600 caps? I sa'pose," then he withdrawn a small box. Opening it revealed 60 bullets, fresh and cleaned. The town had found these in pristine condition, luckily, the town decided to donate around 300 bullets to the library. A hefty lot, but the abundance of trade and bullets laying around had made the town rather generous, despite the circumstances. Then the librarian continue to speak after a while, "You take bullets ser?"

Gentle Secret closed her book in silence as she finished the book. In around 30 minutes from her guess. Noticing a stallion with a hefty amount of books and another stallion, a Pegasus entering. It was getting crowded, pretty unusual. But since this town was a trading town of the wastelands, it makes sense, she guessed. Had to have a sense of intelligence.

Gentle Secret should probably depart to the market place to stock up on supplies. Hopefully the food will be cheap, otherwise she might have to pay a fine to get into a city-state to buy the food there. The closest one was still few miles away, and the food prices there are still rather high. Getting up from her dark corner, she trotted out of the door, absently minding the ponies.

StarShine bumped into night comb. She held a book under her wing. Her glasses fell off her face and she scrambled to find them. Se had knocked them beside Nightcombs hoof. She panicked as everything around her was blurry without her big black thick rimmed glasses.

(She's kind of a nerd. She's a bookworm but is a tough cookie, she lived out in the country so she can fight well and shoot a gun quite easily)

Night Comb felt the pony bump into him. He sized her up quickly. She didn't look like someone that would attempt to hurt him, but he knew from experience the least likely way was the best way. That gave him some relief. He noticed the glasses next to his hoof. The beige stallion picked them up and handed them to her. 'Here you go.' He said with a weak smile.

After paying the pony took a step outside. She yawned streching. Now she had to return this book she skiped through but ate a few pages in the prossese. She went stright the the libery and thew it in the box grumbling at the noise. She had a hangover because of lasts night bender. Allyway was her only friend in this world and she remberd what ally loved the most. Books. 

StarShine reached out her hoof. She grabbed the glasses gingerly and smiled. She placed them back on and saw the stallion was towering over her. She shrunk back and said "Um hi.. I'm StarShine.." She was small for her age. She was about the size of a teenage mare. Not an adult mare. She tightened her wings around her book and widened her eyes. She was nervous cause she wasn't very social like. Maybe if she got to know them she was more confident,but this was a total stranger. She gave him a weak smile back.

She bucked a pile of books out of drunken anger of her thoughts over her friend. She hated this. Sometimes she wished she never met Ally Way at all. She looked up and saw a thing (gloom) staring at her madly as she had knocked all the books on him. She steped back a little.

StarShine reached out her hoof. She grabbed the glasses gingerly and smiled. She placed them back on and saw the stallion was towering over her. She shrunk back and said "Um hi.. I'm StarShine.." She was small for her age. She was about the size of a teenage mare. Not an adult mare. She tightened her wings around her book and widened her eyes. She was nervous cause she wasn't very social like. Maybe if she got to know them she was more confident,but this was a total stranger. She gave him a weak smile back.

Night Comb nodded. 'Im Night Comb. Great to meet you.' He replied and help out his hoof. He then realized how big he was compared to her. He hadn't noticed that at first, maybe because he rarely talked to ponies. He preferred traveling alone. He didn't trust anypony. He shook his head as he trailed off. 'Sorry.'

StarShine quickly quipped "It's ok! I'm just retrieving my book that I left here! I'm just heading to the market!" Her energy left her voice at the mentioning of going outside. Her country side were she used to live was now filled with dead body's bones and blood. It's streamed the rivers and everypony who survived left for the hills. Her family was killed so she had no one. She even watched her own dog get eaten. She shook her head slightly and turned her attention back to the beige stallion.

@@Demirari,@,

Gloom mostly traded for caps or other things. But bullets were alright. "Aye, I do. But I'd rather have caps. But it's fine." Gloom said but then he felt his books fell on top of him. When he look to the mare you knocked them, with a pretty pissed off look. He takes a deep breath to calm down. "Is there something you should say, lass?" He said in a irritated tone.

Gentle Secret raised one of her eyebrows at the mare knocking down the books. Shaking her head, she exited. Her small chest plate and her small 9mm pistol at times clanked together, making a small thinking sound. Small and barely noticeable as she continued onwards. Maybe there were good condition armor that she was able to buy. She doubted if a single chest plate will protect her much.

Absently rereading a book about magic theories that she found on her travels, she moved along toward the market place. Her eyes will peak out at times to make sure she won't hit anyone. Particularly that small band of ponies passing by her. Bandit styled scarfs and such, she also noted the weaponry. Probably not the best ponies to be messing around with. Maybe a small gunfight will occur, who knows.

"Good ser, thank you," the librarian then sighed as the books dropped. Dear the princesses, seems like he'll have to pick those up or get someone to help him. Maybe his aide whenever he gets here.

Edited by Demirari

StarShine quickly quipped "It's ok! I'm just retrieving my book that I left here! I'm just heading to the market!" Her energy left her voice at the mentioning of going outside. Her country side were she used to live was now filled with dead body's bones and blood. It's streamed the rivers and everypony who survived left for the hills. Her family was killed so she had no one. She even watched her own dog get eaten. She shook her head slightly and turned her attention back to the beige stallion.

Night Comb watched her zone out for a quick second before turning back to him. 'Ok. Well, stay safe. If you need to talk I'll probably be here. Maybe.' He said as he sat back down against the wall. He placed his bag down and lay down, resting. He had lost his appetite, and the apple was next him.

Radiance weaved her way through corpses, weaponry and all sorts of discarded items. A battle occurred here, and fairly recently or else even the most worthless items would have been scavenged for scrap metal. Her saddlebags were light, she was almost out of food. That didn't bother her though, she was thankful for the food she did have. She walked across the blood stained ground with a smile on her face. She was a creature born into the thick of death and decay. Death was merely an inevitability that everypony had to encounter at some point.  

What made Radiance so happy was that after days of wandering, she had finally found a village. A place that she could rest, talk to other ponies and maybe even settle down. She had been isolated from others for far too long, and she yearned to talk and laugh. She walked through the battlefield leaving behind any valuables that she saw. Radiance had no need for anything. As she drew closer to the village her head began to dance with excited thoughts. "Who lives here? Who will I meet here? Are there many friends here? Who will I meet first?"

Her head bounced back and forth in this manner, until she reached the streets of the city. It didn't seem like much was going on in the city, but Radiance was excited. So excited she didn't know where to go first. 

"Sorry sir.., Ill pick them up if u don't care?" she says as hes voice gets her back into reality. She picks up the books quite quickly and puts them in a neat stack. She looks at the expression on hes face and gets thoughts in her mind that he may beat her to death. She gave him a slight smile and scrached her mane. "Again im sorry .. Im not in the right mind today" she says clearly.

StarShine turned to Gloom. She blushed and said "Um no.. I'm sorry I knocked down those books..." She looked down and started to pick some up. She looked at Night Comb and nodded. Sending him a message she heard him and that she was bidding farewell. When she finished they had been put back neatly and in alphabetic order. She felt her gun was gone and looked to see it on the ground. She picked up the Walter PPK (Brother has that gun. Kind of a gun maniac! Name a gun and I know it! :P) She looked back at Gloom and said "Sorry for causing you trouble!" As she turned to the mare. She realized they both must have knocked down books. Star must have done it when she tripped over something and knocked down books then crash into Night. She said "Hi I'm StarShine!" She said to the mare. She felt comfortable around a mare cause she was only a little but bigger than her.

@@Demirari,@,

Gloom mostly traded for caps or other things. But bullets were alright. "Aye, I do. But I'd rather have caps. But it's fine." Gloom said but then he felt his books fell on top of him. When he look to the mare you knocked them, with a pretty pissed off look. He takes a deep breath to calm down. "Is there something you should say, lass?" He said in a irritated tone.

Edited by LunaKitty

"Sorry Dear that you had to pick thoses up, I kinda knocked them over'' she says with a slight smile with a southern acent. "Anyway Im Berry Blue , Nice name btw" she says politely. Her mother always said "be polite or its never gonna be right". She Took those words into concerteration everytime she talks to a stranger. Her mother was a good pony.

Gentle Secret bartered, using confusing words and many others as she in a sense, insulted each vendor to her advantage. It wasn't direct, but using over-complexed words were very helpful. Four boots, synthetic material, should be strong enough to handle light debris and small knife cuts. Then a cape to hide most of her body, offering slight protection. Not much, but better than dying from a small shrapnel.

Then she immediately walked out of the market place as she noted the group before were approaching. Best to avoid what seemed to be a future gunfight. Considering that some ponies in the marketplace were getting edgy.

@,@,

Gloom looked at the mares more calmly. "It's fine. I'll just be on my way then." He takes his bullets and heads out to his cart. He didn't like being around ponies for too long. For some reason he found them pretty annoying. He straps his cart onto his back and heads out to do more trading. 

StarShine said "Well it's nice to meet a country pony! I got rid of my accent cause ponies said that I might have the zombie affect that's going around out their! It hasent reached here cause it's not he other side of equestria. But I miss the warm country side! Buzzing with bugs and the streams bubbling quietly... Now all it is now is a feild of dead bodies and bloody rivers oozing away..." She sneered. She shuttered as she remembered the horrifying memory of her home land being destroyed.

"Its just life moves with out us sometimes Doesn't its?" she says sadly remembering her friend dieing a week ago.

"Shucks my best friend died a week ago , Calling that rude'' She says with a smile as she felt better talking to a pony about it. What the buck has she been missing. She always thought she did not need anypony but her sister Ally way. Looks like she was wrong as this pony that made her feel better about herself.

Edited by IIFlyingGraceII

"Its just life moves with out us sometimes Doesn't its?" she says sadly remembering her friend dieing a week ago.

"Shucks my best friend died a week ago , Calling that rude'' She says with a smile as she felt better talking to a pony about it. What the buck has she been missing. She always thought she did not need anypony but her sister Ally way. Looks like she was wrong as this pony that made her feel better about herself.

StarShine fixed her mane but tightening the bow. She nodded and loaded her gun. She said "Well wanna leave this place and go see what's in the market?" She returned her country accent. "I reckon we get some body armor. It's gonna be a tough world out their.." She said with a frown.

Night Comb sighed. No rest for him. He stood up and put his bags on. His ears perked up at the accent.

'Hey, you have an accent?' He asked. He never noticed it. He hid his, mainly to avoid being hunted. Talking like that could make him easier to find. 'Cant believe ya didn't say anything 'bout it.' He said with a smile as he let his accent come into his speech. So he wasn't the only farm pony.