Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The word 'Brony'

Gravelord Neat-O

At first I didn't like calling myself a brony because I struggled to accept it. But over time I just accepted that I am a brony. The term itself however sounds sort of cheesy but what else is there? We can't just call ourselves MLP FIM fanboys. As for pegasister I don't see a problem it rolls of the tongue and is applicable. 

You do not have to be a brony.

A majority of the people who liked mlp before FIM do not call themself borny so nobody has to be a brony just because some people decide to label themself as such. Brony is not every mlp fan and its not automatic just because you happen to like mlp.

Edited by KarentheUnicorn

I was reading through the responses on this thread, and my sister suggested the term "unifan" or "alifan" as a fan of alicorns.  xP

Now she's going with "alicornasaurus."  I like that one.  xD

Personally, I prefer to call myself a brony, but you can go by "pegasister" or "pony fan" or "I like ponies" or whatever the buck you want.  Be an individual, like this show teaches us to be!  :D

• Brohoof 2

You will be a chocolate pastry, and you will like being a chocolate pastry!

Unless you want some filling, or better frosting...then you can complain. Also, you have to accept being baked at 350, it's in the contract.

• Brohoof 1

I actually like the term brony! Mainly because I love fandom labels (Trekkies, Whovians, Potterheads, etc).

I really dislike the term pegasister though. I don't think us ladies need a separate term just to differentiate gender. >_>  

Edited by Creativity
  • Brohoof 1

I, personally, don't like the term "brony", simply because it feels derogatory to me. Honestly, I kinda feel ashamed of liking my little pony, I know other people think that it's bad to like "a show for little girls", so it just makes it worse for me to be called a brony...but that's just my view on it

I don't ever think of brownies when I think of the word brony. Still it sounds delicious. We are all delicious desserts.

Also, brony is bro + pony, not /b + pony. Where would the 'r' come from? We might have been called Bonies, Bhonies or Blonies in some parallel universe then!

I call myself a Pegaonibister now thanks to a thread like this....

Who knows one day it might just get shortened to Blister.

That said if we were using Brony as Bro+Pony and Pegasister as Pegasus+Sister then shouldn't it have been even more gender based?

Like Bolt Bro+Colt and Silly Sister+Filly.

Welp I ranted again so away I go!!

~Dashes Off.~

• Brohoof 1

I don't ever think of brownies when I think of the word brony. Still it sounds delicious. We are all delicious desserts.

Also, brony is bro + pony, not /b + pony. Where would the 'r' come from? We might have been called Bonies, Bhonies or Blonies in some parallel universe then!

Bonies? That reminds me of that now dead internet meme called "Rattle me Bones"... People would take the commercial for the board game and make fun of it... This video in particular though is what set me off when I read that :P

For those confused... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXLTJY0lobR124elASvxojg this guy caused the whole phenomenon... Now that I look at all of this, god this meme is so old. It deserved to die :)

Edited by sonicdude558

I resisted the term at first and I still don't call myself or think of myself as a brony, but I know that technically I AM a brony because of the definition.  So, I'm just a guy who loves My Little Pony, and if anyone asks if I'm a brony I say yeah.

• Brohoof 1