What kind of fighting style would your favorite MLP character have?

Alpha-neos

Ok ok!

Please don't kill me.

I'm just curious.

Half of you might be thinking: "Why would you even ask that?", or "Why would they need a fighting style?".

But I could be over-thinking it and that none of you are thinking that.

Anyways!

So what kind fighting style or just fighting in general would your favorite MLP character have?

And yes, I do mean in human form.

I was thinking about it and I think it would be awesome (of course people might think that's crazy.)

But that's just me...

What do you think?

-a~N

• Brohoof 1

I think Rares would be an extremely technical BJJ type fighter. 

Rarity does things the right way, and as flawless to her abilities, hence the technicality, and as for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu...well, you don't see too many of those, and she IS a Rarity :D

• Brohoof 4

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

Rarity would have a long range gem assorted move set where she can use fabrics as well to her advantage.

She will also be in the balance of fast and slow to better accustom her move set since she is long range, which makes more sense.

Her special moves could involve her fabrics and magic to attack like crazy while she's singing, hey, it could happen!

Fluttershy would probably have more of a 'hide in the corner and hope they don't find you' fighting approach. She just isn't the violent type. She wouldn't even hurt a damn fly. So I guess 'none' is my answer.

Alright, what if any of her friends was being hurt?

Or the situation calls for her to take action because one her animals' lives are on the line.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow dash would probably be all upclose and have more of a melee-type fighting style.

I think pinkie pie would be tactical

I think rarity would use long-range weapons like guns and bows etc.

I think twilight would just use magic spells.

I think fluttershy would try to be friends rather than fight, but if her friends were in danger, she would be really upclose and punch and kick.

I think Applejack would just kick as her main attack.

Edited by Judgement

Tom V.S. Boulder: Who will win?

Rarity would have a long range gem assorted move set where she can use fabrics as well to her advantage.

She will also be in the balance of fast and slow to better accustom her move set since she is long range, which makes more sense.

Her special moves could involve her fabrics and magic to attack like crazy while she's singing, hey, it could happen!

Hmmm. -___-

Sounds legit. O___O

That would be a sight to see.

And she doesn't have to lift a finger. XD

Or hoof. >__>

Rainbow dash would probably be all upclose and have more of a melee-type fighting style.

I think pinkie pie would be tactical

I think rarity would use long-range weapons like guns and bows etc.

I think twilight would just use magic spells.

I think fluttershy would try to be friends rather than fight, but if her friends were in danger, she would be really upclose and punch and kick.

I think Applejack would just kick as her main attack.

OMG! THAT WOULD BE FREAKING EPIC!!

I think I should draw that. O____O

Edited by Alpha-neos
  • Brohoof 1

Hmmm. -___-

Sounds legit. O___O

That would be a sight to see.

And she doesn't have to lift a finger. XD

Or hoof. >__>

Thanks!

I have always imagined how the combat would work for each, but rarity seemed the more unique to me, so that's when my previous idea came to mind on how she would handle. :)

Or the situation calls for her to take action because one her animals' lives are on the line.

If she absolutely had to fight, I'd say she'd take more of a kickboxing approach. In the opening of Dragon Quest(s2 e21), she seemed to hurt Rainbow quite a bit, so I'm going to assume she's strong in the legs. Edited by NebulousBrony

AJ would absolutely be all up in your face, bucking your teeth out as her muscular legs break off half of your skull. The way I see it, AppleJack has the hind legs that equal the destructive force of a .50 Caliber bullet.

post-9894-0-92327000-1399161714.jpg

Signature made by:  )O( Scarlet )O(                          Equestrian Empire Cast: Iron Will

"A word can save a person from suicide, another word can make her fall in depression."~ Doc. Volt

GO HERE, NOW...please, it's for a good cause: http://mlpforums.com/topic/93814-art-for-heart-charity-is-now-taking-donations/

AJ would absolutely be all up in your face, bucking your teeth out as her muscular legs break off half of your skull. The way I see it, AppleJack has the hind legs that equal the destructive force of a .50 Caliber bullet.

O____O.....

Well....damn....

Its that powerful?

Might as well team her up with Sanji from One piece.

Well, I imagine Rainbow Dash would have like, a clunky, meat and potatoes fighting style - but it would be effective.

Kinda like Joel from The Last Of Us.

Brutal.

Vh9PDd9.png

I hope some people get the joke ^^

O____O.....

Well....damn....

Its that powerful?

Might as well team her up with Sanji from One piece.

Oh yeah, .50 Cal bullets could blow off quite a large chunk of your head off.

Anyway, on topic, for the others besides aj I don't really know

Signature made by:  )O( Scarlet )O(                          Equestrian Empire Cast: Iron Will

"A word can save a person from suicide, another word can make her fall in depression."~ Doc. Volt

GO HERE, NOW...please, it's for a good cause: http://mlpforums.com/topic/93814-art-for-heart-charity-is-now-taking-donations/

Oh yeah, .50 Cal bullets could blow off quite a large chunk of your head off.

Anyway, on topic, for the others besides aj I don't really know

Well I would say Rainbow Dash would be close combat.

But I don't think she would have a fighting style.

I do think she'd be pretty fast and use her wings for an advantage.

Fluttershy: scared in a corner...

Enraged Fluttershy: think of a bullet hell shooter, except with hooves in a short explosion of bottled rage. (The frustration and pressure has to go somewhere.)

Derpy: I think of an Inspector Clouseau sort of fighting style. More comical than being an actual threat, but somehow always comes out on top.

Edited by Celtore

Fluttershy: scared in a corner...

Enraged Fluttershy: think of a bullet hell shooter, except with hooves in a short explosion of bottled rage. (The frustration and pressure has to go somewhere.)

Derpy: I think of an Inspector Clouseau sort of fighting style. More comical than being an actual threat, but somehow always comes out on top.

Yeah, fluttershy will be a last resort.

Sometimes the shy ones are the most powerful.

Derpy....What's there to say?

I just think the universe will let her win.

Edited by Alpha-neos

Twilight goes the Vegeta route of just spamming energy bolts in a general area and hoping they hit

Fluttershy goes the Gohan route of primal rage, just thrashing and snarling like an animal with no skill or strategy

Rarity uses a fluid fighting style, linking easily from each move to the next, very much like Freeza

AJ uses mainly kicking attacks, ala Vegito

RD focuses on quick and heavy strikes, forgoing defense in the style of Burter

"Aren’t we the same? You know, aren’t you carrying the same mindset as I am? Just because you couldn’t bear to lose, you lost your precious partner! You really call yourself a true duelist? You’re the complete opposite of that!" -Weevil Underwood

What about the villains fighting styles? Like Sombra or Discord

@,

Discord toys with his foes, no hands, blindfolding, etc. When things get serious though, he just spams reality warping to teleport combo opponents

Sombra focuses on defense, trying to tire you out with feints and blocks until you are too tired to fight back

Chrysalis will be a clumsy fighter, only able to win if she has a huge handicap. Stealth and combat don't mix

Nightmare Moon will be cocky to the point of stupidity, giving out free shots. When she does get serious, she uses chops and the like to aim for pressure points

Sunset Shimmer just goes for brute force, trying to overpower her opponents in grapples and tossing them around 

"Aren’t we the same? You know, aren’t you carrying the same mindset as I am? Just because you couldn’t bear to lose, you lost your precious partner! You really call yourself a true duelist? You’re the complete opposite of that!" -Weevil Underwood

I would like Rainbow Dash to have Pankration as her fighting style, for the pegasi do resemble the ancient Greeks, so Pankration would be perfect for her, it is offensive while maintaining a good defensive, it has some powerful kicks and take downs. For Applejack Muay Thai kickboxing, she is a good kicker and has well developed legs and stance, it would be practical for her to have this style, for Fluttershy Judo, it's good for self defence, and it does not require so much power nor aggression to grapple, for Rarity Shaolin Kung Fu, it is graceful yet potent, it is a perfect match for her, for Pinkie Pie ninjitsu, she is stealthy, swift, and unpredictable just like a ninja, and finally for Twilight Sparkle, Okinawa karate, it is precise and disciplined, the sort of stance Twilight would appreciate.        

Edited by Emperor Peter
  • Brohoof 1

Fluttershy strikes me as a sort of "beast master" where she does less of the fighting herself and rather coordinates the attacks of her animal friends. Like a sort of pseudo Pokemon trainer.

I would like Rainbow Dash to have Pankration as her fighting style, for the pegasi do resemble the ancient Greeks, so Pankration would be perfect for her, it is offensive while maintaining a good defensive, it has some powerful kicks and take downs. For Applejack Muay Thai kickboxing, she is a good kicker and has well developed legs and stance, it would be practical for her to have this style, for Fluttershy Judo, it's good for self defence, and it does not require so much power nor aggression to grapple, for Rarity Shaolin Kung Fu, it is graceful yet potent, it is a perfect match for her, for Pinkie Pie ninjitsu, she is stealthy, swift, and unpredictable just like a ninja, and finally for Twilight Sparkle, Okinawa karate, it is precise and disciplined, the sort of stance Twilight would appreciate.        

Damn, you basically stole everything I was gonna say!  :P

I'm impressed though, you clearly know your stuff. What do you study personally?

Damn, you basically stole everything I was gonna say!  I'm impressed though, you clearly know your stuff. What do you study personally?

I studied Wing Chun when I was twelve, now I practise Pankration, but I have been in martial arts when I was six, it is perhaps my first and oldest hobby.