Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the meaning of life to YOU?

AppleGearRising

I have a weird life situation, to say the least.

So I guess it's why I have views like that.

In time, the things I may have done that have touched people around be will be gone. Forgotten.

Nothing retains it's meaning forever, or at least that's how I see it.

I'm a bleak human, but I hope I helped you since you said this is in the name of research.

Well I wouldn't say meaning can change. At that point in time the meaning is there. It will always have been the meaning at that point in time.

But this is going into quasi-philosophy of the casual/noob kind so you can take that with a grain of salt. :P

I dunno if there's *a* meaning of life for me, but there are things I believe to be very important. I really love the feeling of helping others. I'm pretty introverted, but I still believe that it's necessary to connect with others and help each other out, whether it be with personal problems, studies, what have you. Humanity has thrived due to interconnectedness, after all. I don't know how helpful I am with things, but I hope that I am and I hope to better myself in the future so I can do so more. It'd make me very happy to know that I've made a positive impression on someone.

I also think it's important to experience and appreciate the life we have. We forget how lucky we are, and there are so many wonders and opportunities for us in this world. There are a bunch of things I've never done, and I'd certainly like to experience some things I've always been curious about. Just some things you have to do before you die, yaknow? Seize the day and take advantage of the life we're given.

I swear... If somebody posts "YOLO"...

I think the meaning of life is to be able to feel all emotions and to socialize. We are all going to die one day and in my opinion, people are putting work over fun. People are getting jobs just for money. Life isn't about money. Life is about being able to enjoy yourself. Nobody knows the truth about death, so it is safe to assume that when you die, you are gone forever. If you do really only have one life, you should spend it the way you want. This is part of the reason why I refuse to have drama in my life. I give a second chance, but no more than that.

Edited by Judgement

in the grand scheme of things, our lives are short, and unimportant, so the only way to spend our time is with the people we love. our friends, our family, that special somepony... whoever it might be, just love what you're doing, and love who you're with.

Having my religion, my meaning in life is to be lead by Christ and lead others to Him. Which involves being kind-hearted to others, making impact on lives, loving and caring, service, and leadership. I'm not too good on the leading part xD

But all that is my purpose in life. I'd like to make a goal in making others feel better than I do myself. Holding others above me and such. 

Um...

Ummmmmmm....

42? :D

There is no meaning of life to me.

I believe in the Big Bang Theory, Evolution, and Buffalo Man.

We are all just a weird, freakish by-product of nature. We ain't special past being the superior species in terms of intelligence :D

Mkay... Here's what I want to know. Why do we humans do such violent things to get roles of higher power, simply to have it torn away from us in death, or any point before that? We're all going to die at some point - this is a known fact, since the sun is going to nom the earth one day - so why do we bother living our lives the way we do? Why teach and learn so much sciency stuff? In the end, it will all be pointless.

As you can clearly see from my little paragraph, the meaning of life, to me, is death. Gloomy, huh?  :D

...I haven't typed that much on the Forums in a while. Feels good to let it out.

This is interesting.

I've noticed that a lot of folks have taken the position that life is pointless, merely that life is a purposeless comedy of errors, and that the best we can do is carve out a little slice of happiness for ourselves.

I suppose at the core I agree with this. I'm not particularly spiritual, so I do not believe there is a "higher plan" for us. I also don't believe that our lives can be boiled down to the sum total of our "good" and "bad" actions.

However, I also don't believe that we should be turning inward either. Ironically, because life has no intrinsic value, I think that requires an even more selfless perspective on the world in order to lift all boats with the rising tide. However quixotic and futile the goal may be, I think we all have a responsibility to increase and disseminate knowledge and wisdom, strengthen and cherish our interpersonal relationships, and build successful communities around the globe.

So many people here seem to be just living through the motions, not valuing the time they have to themselves. So many people living their lives feeling purposeless, unwanted, unneeded and unloved...why? Why are so many people without any of these things? why do they continue to live each day in perpetual misery?

This hit the nail on the head for me! Life has all but lost any shred of purpose for me, especially as of late.

I used to draw all the time, but thanks to current circumstances, I no longer have the time or drive... I need to find at least  find the drive again!

Life has no official meaning.

Life is different and new to everyone, that the meaning could be infinite towards it's true definition.

To me personally, it's a once in a life time experience to see whag your made of, and what can you do during your time.

The meaning of life to me...

To live it to the fullest and happiest you can. I don't mean like "You only have one life to life, so do whatever you want" sort, i mean live your life to the fullest you can. Make it last as long as possible, and don't be afraid to take chances. You see opprotunity, go for it, ask that handsome stallion or mare out on a date. Go out for some ice cream, catch a movie with your family, talk more with your friends. Over use the words "I love you", love like crazy and enjoy everything that makes you happy.

It's easy to say the meaning to life is Chocolate, but to me it means living my life to the fullest and happiest I can.

• 5 years later...

For the longest time I never really knew. I'd find something I thought could give my life meaning, only to be hugely disappointed by it soon after. At this last BronyCon, however, I realized just how much I love to make people smile. After cosplaying there for my first time, every smile I got and every picture someone took just filled me with the happiest feeling I've felt in years. So I think that's what life is to me; making others happy and inspiring them.

Now it's just a matter of figuring out how I can best do that outside of a handful of weekends every year.

I never put too much thought toward "what is  the meaning of life to me" really. Too stressful. I like to think of everyday of doing what I can and be done with it.

• 2 years later...