Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do bronies compare to other fandoms?

Bendy

Scroll through this thread, Juggalos are frequently brought up as "the worst fandom ever".

Just to clear the air on this, the FBI is 100% in the wrong on that one. A few completely unrelated crimes occurred by people who happened to be Juggalos, and the FBI included the nonexistent "gang" section of the fandom in their Gang Report. It's complete nonsense. It's like taking a few Beliebers who commit crimes and calling the fandom a gang. Juggalos aren't tagging up turf, doing organized drive-by's, or whatever gang-related activity. They're currently being sued by ICP for the absurd gang classification

Maybe so, but it does change that their fans can be really damn scary. 

I'm going to have to say as a whole(even if there are a lot of good people on a individual level) the general anime fandom is pretty "problematic" because there's so much really skeevy shit like sexualizing REALLY YOUNG looking girls going on. 

Scroll through this thread, Juggalos are frequently brought up as "the worst fandom ever".

Just to clear the air on this, the FBI is 100% in the wrong on that one. A few completely unrelated crimes occurred by people who happened to be Juggalos, and the FBI included the nonexistent "gang" section of the fandom in their Gang Report. It's complete nonsense. It's like taking a few Beliebers who commit crimes and calling the fandom a gang. Juggalos aren't tagging up turf, doing organized drive-by's, or whatever gang-related activity. They're currently being sued by ICP for the absurd gang classification

Perhaps, yet in the few other such threads like this, they are almost never mentioned.  And while you are correct that they have never been a gang, there was a time when many of their members acted like a gang; the confusion is understandable.

I don't know what a Juggalo is, but I've been a part of fanbases much worse than this one. I'm almost ashamed to admit to being a fan of the NA Sonic the Hedgehog continuity, up until two years ago. That's a divided fanbase, that can never get along, on much of anything. The main fanbase I've pretty much always been a part of, and never stopped being a part of, is the videogame fanbase. It's obviously a much bigger fanbase, due to being based on an entire medium, but it is a fanbase that just gets progressively worse with each passing year. In the past, there were always at least a few good communities that weren't troll dens, but now, even that doesn't seem to be true. I've belonged to the us.playstation.com community for several years now, and have been an MVP for most of that time. It was once a great community, but I don't go by there very often anymore, as much as it pains me to admit.

This community is actually pretty good. It has its quirks like any community, but I haven't seen a lot of infighting or trolling, and in the one case where I did witness a trolling incident, this community didn't flame back, like the vast majority would, and instead politely disagreed with said person. Colour me impressed. I don't often see situations like that handled with any kind of maturity. In general, the atmosphere here is welcoming, and discussion is encouraged. People don't seem to get angry at one another, over things that don't matter. In all due honesty, there are plenty of places where the term "community" is probably more of a misnomer, but that isn't the case here.

It can be compared to like...hell, I don't even know what to compare it to. I guess the furries and those yiffers, except they know how to keep it to themse- nevermind. The fandom dosent actually do that. So I guess yeah. What I said a little while ago.

I suppose the thing we have over other fandoms is the community. The fact that we're all connected allows us to do things other fandoms can't do, like charities and large events. It also means we can work together as team to help each other should one of us need it. Unlike the actions of one member of,say, the DBZ fandom being interpreted as the actions of the whole, we've been able to band together as a group and change opinions, something impossible for a disconnected fandom.

I would say the Bronies share much in common with Furries, so much so that both fandoms have their own word for the less savory members of their group. Yiffers and Cloppers.

There is also mockery, stereotyping, negetive new reports, and misunderstandings involving both fandoms. Both also try distancing themselves from each other.

In the brony fandom's favor though, is that it has not been around quite as long so as to gain evidence for a negetive reputation.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

- Way way way bigger than probably any other fandom out there except for a select few like Star Wars, possibly Star Trek and Dr. Who

- Higher potential for nicer, kinder, more loving individuals, which is great

- Also higher potential for ultra-creepy mouth-breathing supernerds, even more than other supernerdy fandoms that I've seen, due to the obscenely friendly nature of the show and its community; basically though at least everyone's gonna be pretty strongly one way or the other, you ain't gonna meet anyone boring!

- It's a lot more pink and pretty and frilly and prissy and EXTREMELY MAAAANLY

- Honestly, way way higher rates of fan content creation from art to music to stories to videos/animation etc. than I've ever seen anywhere else.

The absolute worst fandom is the Call of Duty fandom. You have to agree even if you are in that fandom. Bronies make good videos what do COD Fanboys make? Videos about them getting a tomahawk kill from across the map. The COD fandom is definitely the worst.

Ahem let me correct you it's league of legends that have THE WORST community ever, period

call of duty community is like a masterpiece compared to league of legends community 

Edited by Deathstroke

• 1 month later...

Any large youtuber.

Say something that doesnt equate to them being the best and they swarm your channel looking for blood :blink: .

to be fair, that's mostly thanks to Pewdiepie fanboys. Not that other fans of other Youtubers don't do it, but the vast majority are Pewd's fans