Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do bronies compare to other fandoms?

Bendy

I'm not saying Bronydom is a bad fanbase. But believe me, there's far worse than fanbases then I think we could ever become. 

So what are worse fanbases than us? Well let's list up some like football hooligans (Soccer fans) that have actually killed people that don't sport their team... in football? Wat?!

I know, not all the fans of soccer are hooligans. But still, have Bronies killed someone for being a non Brony yet?

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 7

I dunno if there's really any fanbases better or worse, just bigger. The bigger they are, the more likely they are to have some pretty bad people in it. Fans who are overobsessed to the point of delusion (like thinking Twilight is legitimately your girlfriend and getting mad at people who like her too. Yes, this happened.) or shun people who aren't in the fandom to the point of driving them to suicide.

• Brohoof 4

I was in the Chipmunk fandom before this and it was a nightmare... it was a fairly small fandom, but it was so unbelievably filled with negativity and hate... the big problem was that the Chipmunks are such a multi-generational franchise that you basically had about 3 completely separate fan bases all lumped together... basically imagine the brony fandom if there were just as many fans of every generation of the show, and they constantly argued.

• Brohoof 8

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey
  • Brohoof 2

Beliebers... That is all I've got to say

That.

Also I'd have to say Apple fanatics can be pretty crazy IMO. No way would I stand in line for a device (get there days, weeks, months early), pay eBay prices, or kill someone over a phone. And then do it all over again the next year!

• Brohoof 2

Let's see...

Beliebers

1D fans

Pewdiepie fans (It counting PART of the fanbase, so if you do like Pewdiepie, that is fine as long as you don't count people who played the same games as Pewdiepie 'copycats', flame people for disliking, etc.)

• Brohoof 5

Realistically speaking, disregarding obvious choices like beliebers and 1D'ers

I've had many terrible experiences with Starfox fans, it usually went like this:

>Claim to be huge fans of the series

>Vehemently slam every game in the series that doesn't have the number 64 after its name

>Relentlessly quote and scream every goddamn line in that game like a bunch of idiots

Yeah, not fun

Otakus are also a pain to deal with. God forbid I actually prefer to watch an anime in my language instead of reading it

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 10

Comparing apples to oranges, there are tons of notoriously bad fandoms but bad for different reasons.

Honestly, every community will have a lot of both good and bad, it's just the law of averages.

But as an avid Fifa player, I can say that almost everyone in the community is a competitive asshole that takes the game way too seriously. Except me of course.

Edited by Frostgage

Juggalos!

hahahaha +100000

Another bad one is quite obvious: League of Legends. I was actually pretty good at it when I last played (I was a nice guy!) but it was quite disturbing seeing new players get told to "die of cancer" by some of the more obsessive egomaniacs just because they don't have in-game experience yet.

Edited by ponypowa96
  • Brohoof 4

Would the minecraft fanbase be a bit on the bad side? Since I expect very young kids to be on there, but there are older people.

@@ponypowa96 

I see that a lot when playing league, and it's funny to watch :3 Especially when you have a friend who can make the greatest comebacks ever.

Edited by Milk Wave
  • Brohoof 4

League of Legends

League is child's play compared to DoTA 2, since there's the added bit of the mic as well, so not only do people abuse you via text but also via voice chat.

Also, that's why you don't solo queue in a MOBA-styled game. The only reason people whine is because they solo queue and that's easily resolved; make a team.

The biggest problem I'd have in any fandom is with Star Trek; you should see the rage when someone dares to say Next Gen is better than "True Trek". It's a massacre.

Of course, there's also the inherent hatred many of us have for Star Wars, but those fights are a lot more fun than they seem. :-p

We're certainly not better than most fandoms (I'd say our crazies are about on par with crazies from anime fandoms), but I have to agree with Juggalos and Beliebers being some of the worst out there. I've read tweets in defense of Bieber's many poor choices as of late that would make your head spin...even if you had a room-temperature IQ.

Edited by Thrashy
  • Brohoof 2