Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do bronies compare to other fandoms?

Bendy

Not much.

But you're kinda not talking on point though :/

>not much

One time, I explained why people dislike this fandom, and seven people told me I was being an asshole.

>not much

One time, I explained why people dislike this fandom, and seven people told me I was being an asshole.

It all depends on people's feelings towards the show, and how much they like to defend it.

Me being me, I could care less. :P

It all depends on people's feelings towards the show, and how much they like to defend it.

Me being me, I could care less. :P

I made a satirical/humor comic, and nothing more.

Sonic fanbase. Complain about everything. Even when they get their wish... Saddening. Can't see the quality in any other Sonic game than 2 or Sonic Adventure 2. (The former I despise, the latter is my personal favorite.)

COD fanbase. Idiots who know nothing about quality in video games, cuss constantly, and discriminate against autists, along with everything else. I know one personally, he may as well have ASPD.

Genwunners. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THEM.

I agree with all of this

Especially the Genwunners. Gen 1 had some bad pokémon designs as well. The hate towards the other generations is unjustified. Every generation had their fair share of bad pokémon. But nooooo... They treat their precious gen 1 like it's the only good Pokémon game which, is definitely untrue.

(come at me genwunners) :umad:

• Brohoof 2

Why not throw in the

1. Original Star Wars Trilogy Fans. aka Han Shoots First, George Lucas Fans/Critics

2. Classic Sonic Fans, 

3. DBZ Japanese Purists (Otakus)

4. Classic Disney Fans. 

Edited by TrunksXV

The retro video game fan base can be pretty bad. Especially the collectors and people who are against emulation. Yeah they are the worst..unless 4chan boards count as fanbases.

Oy, 4chan is actually a pretty good community. Some boards aren't the best, i.e., /b/, but other than that almost every board is actually pretty chill.

I may be judging it on /mlp/ and /v/ boards I've been too.

How is there anime board?

/mlp/ isn't that bad; occasional actual bronies kind of spark uproars.

/v/ is always looking for trouble.

Not sure, only anime I go on is /u/ and /h/. I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Furries, that is about as low as it goes... I been one for almost nine years and I don't regret for a single second switching to the pony side of things. Its just drama and elitist keyboard warrior jerks who contribute nothing to society in general.

• Brohoof 1

/mlp/ isn't that bad; occasional actual bronies kind of spark uproars.

/v/ is always looking for trouble.

Not sure, only anime I go on is /u/ and /h/. I'll check it out when I get the chance.

What do you mean 'actual bronies' if there posting on /mlp/ it's going to be because they watch the show surely?

Furries, that is about as low as it goes... I been one for almost nine years and I don't regret for a single second switching to the pony side of things. Its just drama and elitist keyboard warrior jerks who contribute nothing to society in general.

To be honest this fandom is pretty bad, I'll take your word on it the furry fandom is worse since I'm not a fur nor have I ever understood what one was. You gotta admit there is a lot of pointless drama, and a lot of elitism by bronies. The APM blog being the prime example.

What do you mean 'actual bronies' if there posting on /mlp/ it's going to be because they watch the show surely?

/mlp/ board is people like me; people who are supporters of the show.

Bronies are people like the people here; fanatics of the show.

To be honest this fandom is pretty bad, I'll take your word on it the furry fandom is worse since I'm not a fur nor have I ever understood what one was. You gotta admit there is a lot of pointless drama, and a lot of elitism by bronies. The APM blog being the prime example.

Its not that bad, yeah I endured much grief in Bronydom too, but those are die-hard fans I don't really associate the community with. Other than that, I am really content with my fanbase and am very appreciative of the active community.

Furs are just prejudiced and sad people who throw the word 'fag' around one too many times while bitching and complaining about everything that disagrees with their subculture, the brony community is no exception.

• Brohoof 3

/mlp/ board is people like me; people who are supporters of the show.

Bronies are people like the people here; fanatics of the show.

Based on all the r34 on the /mlp/ board I'd say there where plenty of fanatics. That and all the drawings and elaborate stuff only die hard fans would do. I think with /mlp/ there is awareness of them being obsessed fans whereas here there isn't that same awareness. That's my abstract theory on internet communities. :)
  • Brohoof 1

Oh I forgot about 90s kids. I'm okay with them reminiscing about more simple times when they were a kid cause hey, everyone does that from time to time but then they can't seem to move on and hate on kids just for liking new stuff even though they're trying to create their own childhood memories. I might be a bit biased here since I am a 2000s kid but I would talk down to kids for enjoying stuff that I'm not a fan of.

There are also gewunners. In Pokemon specifically they're all like "OMG ORIGINAL 151 FTW, ANY GENERATION AFTER THAT SUCKS, THE NEW DESIGNS LOOK STUPID. I MEAN A GARBAGE POKEMON, HOW UN CREATIVE COULD THEY BE? NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME I'M GONNA GO TRAIN MY SLUDGE BLOB MUK."

Don't even get me started on gamers and their constant arguing over which console is better that they sometimes do more than actually playing on the console.

• Brohoof 5

Its not that bad, yeah I endured much grief in Bronydom too, but those are die-hard fans I don't really associate the community with. Other than that, I am really content with my fanbase and am very appreciative of the active community.

Furs are just prejudiced and sad people who throw the word 'fag' around one too many times while bitching and complaining about everything that disagrees with their subculture, the brony community is no exception.

That would explain all the hatred and stereotyping furs get. Granted bronies too, but I think that is mostly just a reaction to the the freakish size this fandom grew too in less than a single season. That and the whole prejudice that comes with men liking 'feminime' stuff.

Oh I forgot about 90s kids. I'm okay with them reminiscing about more simple times when they were a kid cause hey, everyone does that from time to time but then they can't seem to move on and hate on kids just for liking new stuff even though they're trying to create their own childhood memories. I might be a bit biased here since I am a 2000s kid but I would talk down to kids for enjoying stuff that I'm not a fan of.

There are also gewunners. In Pokemon specifically they're all like "OMG ORIGINAL 151 FTW, ANY GENERATION AFTER THAT SUCKS, THE NEW DESIGNS LOOK STUPID. I MEAN A GARBAGE POKEMON, HOW UN CREATIVE COULD THEY BE? NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME I'M GONNA GO TRAIN MY SLUDGE BLOB MUK."

Don't even get me started on gamers and their constant arguing over which console is better that they sometimes do more than actually playing on the console.

Lol I am a 90's kid, gamer, who only liked gen 1 Pokemon. I don't go on about this stuff though.
  • Brohoof 2

That would explain all the hatred and stereotyping furs get. Granted bronies too, but I think that is mostly just a reaction to the the freakish size this fandom grew too in less than a single season. That and the whole prejudice that comes with men liking 'feminime' stuff.

Lol I am a 90's kid, gamer, who only liked gen 1 Pokemon. I don't go on about this stuff though.

I'm not saying all of them are like that, this is just the worst I've seen some of them act.

Furs really bring it upon themselves, the most common stereotypes are really true about them... from fursuiting to zoophilia, they are very much real among the activities of some members of the fandom. While they get very angry upon someone mentioning it, its the ugly truth they deny by associating their community with anthropomorphic animals of the Disney or MGM franchise. It is far from that by miles, or this kind of thing would have originated long before the internet with more of a devotion to the shows they claim to take interest in. Its just the furries' hate towards bronies isn't exactly helping their cause.

Many things factor into this and its mostly because of jealousy and pride on their part. I'll be happy to elaborate if anyone wants. To put it simply, the furry fandom is a traffic cone awaiting to be crushed by the brony semi-truck.

• Brohoof 4

Some people might dislike me for it, but my answer is - PewDiePie's bros. Not as entire fanbase as there are cool guys. But this fanbase suffers from many psycho fans that will spam the hell out of You if You dare not to call PewDiePie "best YouTuber ever". They are extremely annoying, keep saying how PewDiePie changes life and make him look almost like some kind of messiah. Sorry, I have nothing against those normal Pewds fans. But some parts of his fanbase are simply terrible.

• Brohoof 1

It's not that a fandom is bad. There's just a dark side to every fandom.

What is the light side of Beliebers i must know, all i see is a kid that was somewhat talented and got spoiled the moment he got hit by a water bottle.

What is the light side of Beliebers i must know, all i see is a kid that was somewhat talented and got spoiled the moment he got hit by a water bottle.

Not necessarily what happened, or so I believe. (Ex-belieber myself).

The worst: COD fanbase. I know I already talked about these bastards, but I will reiterate. Lets see...

1. No knowledge on the definition of a quality video game.

2. Constant cussing.

3. Discrimination against... EVERYTHING THAT MOVES.

4. Also, the fact that they brag about everything. No seriously.

• Brohoof 2