Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

merponies: what's going on?

SkyHeart

Alright, so personally I love merponies, and they were in the gen 1 shows, so why are they not there anymore? Did hasbro declair it no longer a race? And what do you think of merponies? Do you think they should be in an episode?

:3

• Brohoof 2

Actually there are seaponies and merponies in g1.

In the toy line there were adult any baby sea ponies. And then there was a set of 3 baby merponies; sadly in the g1 line there were no adult merponies sold.

However in g3 there was a line of merponies but in the tiny ponyville size.

There are actually a lot of people who make custom ponies who have created some awesome merponies out of the toys.

Id love to see them make some sea or mer in the g4 line.

Sea ponies in the show could bring a nice revival to the series, I've always wanted to see them.

My girlfriend would love to see that.  Not to mention, I think it would definitely bring a great revivlal to the series or at least make a cameo appearance in FIM.  Good call.  

Edited by Promethean Alicorn

My girlfriend would love to see that.  Not to mention, I think it would definitely bring a great revivlal to the series or at least make a cameo appearance in FIM.  Good call.  

I never got to see the sea ponies, but I've always wanted to see them. Any appearance from them can help me. :D

so why are they not there anymore?

Well, they are sea ponies after all. They cannot just live in a grass. They need sea water.

Have you seen any sea in Equestria yet?

Find a sea, and you'll find sea ponies ;)

Seaponies would be awesome to see a whole arc could be made about their kingdom and race.

Yeah, it might be interesting to see. There's a lot of space around Ponyville to explore. But there's one more race which has not been exploited much yet (from the storytelling point of view): crystal ponies from the Crystal Empire. What'bout them? We haven't seen them much in Season 4 yet.

And that's what I always miss: that the writers introduce some nice ideas only to never use them again :-/

P.S.: SHOOO....  :derp:

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

In the comics (Friends Forever #3) Celestia mentions seaponies in passing. It's debatable whether the comics are canon, but the comic writers also have access to future scripts of the show, so they might know something we don't.

post-20329-0-90309700-1394927361_thumb.png

Edited by Andaasonsan

In the comics (Friends Forever #3) Celestia mentions seaponies in passing. It's debatable whether the comics are canon, but the comic writers also have access to future scripts of the show, so they might know something we don't.

Actually, they don't have access to the scripts, that's why Twilight Sparkle didn't become an Alicorn until issue 15.