2014 MLP Forums MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT (NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Doctor XFizzle

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Applejack vs. Fluttershy vs. Rarity vs. Pinkie Pie

• ALL CHARACTERS
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

last year's Applejack vs. Derpy was just as epic of a battle at today's Rarity vs. Twilight.

Applejack and Derpy came down to sudden death vote (and by sudden death I finally got home to my PC and checked the vote and saw AJ had 1 more than Derpy despite it being past the deadline time I set)

• Brohoof 1

ICeIx2X.jpg
MLP Forums' resident timelord, sports dilettante, and purveyor of wit and humor
~*Traveling Timelord Nonpareil*~

An alicorn has never won March Madness and that's not going to change this year. :P

But I'll give you three more reasons to support Rarity just for the heck of it! :D :D :D

So what if Twily's an alicorn? Seriously,what do you people have against alicorns?

I admit,it's ridiculous if they're born an alicorn,but Twily earned her wings.

Also,those Rarity faces aren't good enough reasons.

• Brohoof 2

Dolemite2.gif.1f535b74ff05826ca7dd78c9e5ec1078.gif                                                                              

(edited)

It's coming close to a tie!  :D

This place needs more Rarity.

pc96h.jpg

ven2te.jpg

n3865h.jpg

EDIT:
It now is a tie! C'mon Rarity supporters, we can still do this!  ;)

Edited by Generosity
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

Oh, it's a tie again :D It's gonna be good... I'm actually nervous about that battle between AJ & RD tomorrow ;_; I don't want to see my two fave ponies fighting. But it's not going to stop me from showing AJ all my support XD

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 3

Fan of Applejack? Join us! We have the best cider from Sweet Apple Acres! :D

applejack_fan_button__requested__by_supe

ORANGESEXY IS THE BEST PONY!

How the heck is this happening? I think the biggest lead I've seen is only 4 votes in this. This is pretty impressive that both 'teams' have managed to maintain this narrow a contest all day.

I think both sides deserve some kind of award for that. :)

• Brohoof 6

ConsoleSig4.png

How the heck is this happening? I think the biggest lead I've seen is only 4 votes in this. This is pretty impressive that both 'teams' have managed to maintain this narrow a contest all day.

I think both sides deserve some kind of award for that. :)

More like Rarity deserves the award of VICTORY

• Brohoof 4

Wow....tried reading all the comments, but seems like I'd never reach the end :P

Glad you're all enjoying the tournament. Hope to see more heartfelt support from both ends.

My vote goes to Twilight.

She's captivated my mind and heart more often than any other.

From the start, she was friendly around others, but had trouble forming real friendships. As life in Ponyville opened her eyes to true magic, she came to cherish them more than anything else.

And thanks to her friends, she found an answer that Star Swirl never could; the strength of synergy.

"From all of us together. Together we're friends. With the marks of our destinies made one, there is magic without end."

As she chronicles the essence of harmony, the elements respond to her growth.

Her journey through it all has been the most moving, and the lessons she's learned have prepared her well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-xZ1gp9X84

It took a few moments to register the change, but I was brimming with excitement immediately after.

Alicorns always embodied harmony in a physical sense, and even maintained it through their actions, but now the concept gained far greater depth.

We've seen Twilight slowly transition into her role as a princess, as she offers advice and guidance through season 4. The same amazing mare as before, but she's fully matured into even more. Every teacher begins as a student, and I'm glad to see things come full circle.

attachicon.gifRoyal Mane style.png

I knew that you could fix my spell, Twilight.  In fact, I actually knew how the spell was supposed to go, but I didn't write it down just to be a troll.

I couldn't have put it any better.  This is why you Rarity and Rarijack fans should reconsider your vote.  A vote for Twilight Sparkle is a vote for a character that has done more than make dresses.

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Sig by Kyoshi

Ask me anything – http://mlpforums.com/topic/94670-ask-sstb-me/

I've always loved exploring new concepts, and one song brought Twilight's change into a whole new light. Certainly separate from the show's direction, but the ideas explored are no less powerful. Hope you enjoy!

already decided that Rarity vs. Twilight = Kentucky vs. Michigan

Tight game that went back and forth that will most likely end up with a buzzer beater victory for one side.

Fluttershy vs. Apple Bloom was = Florida vs. Dayton

• Brohoof 3

ICeIx2X.jpg
MLP Forums' resident timelord, sports dilettante, and purveyor of wit and humor
~*Traveling Timelord Nonpareil*~

This Elite 8 is so intense! I'm so excited!

Flutters vs Applebloom: Obviously Flutters. How on earth did Applebloom get past Discord? Someone call KP.

Derpy vs. Pinkie Pie: WOAH. This is a tough choice. ...Pinkie? Maybe?

AJ vs. RD: RD took it all last year, but is my least fave pony, so I'm voting for AJ.

Twilight vs Rarity: RAAAAARITYYYY!!!! SHEE'S THE BEEESSST POOONYYYY!!!! 

• Brohoof 4

A few hours on this forum seems to prove otherwise.  Although Applejack fans don't love Rarity as much as Ghostie, they've all voted for Rarity.

Yeah, the Applejack fanbase is very cozy with the Rarity fanbase. Both are unpopular characters with the fandom at large and we tend to appreciate the show for the same sorts of reasons. I rarely see an AJ fan with Rarity dead last in their favorites or a Rarity fan who thinks the same of Applejack. And in later seasons, those two characters seem to share a similar bond as their fans do. Neat stuff!

(If you wanna see two sniping fandoms, look at Rarity fans vs RD fans. Yeowtch.)

While I'd rather have my favorite country girl win, I would be very happy to see Rarity come out on top just for all the hard work it's taken to get her here.

• Brohoof 7

Latest Video: Come On: An Ode To Best Friendship

img-9947-1-i-TxbKrsG.png

"Says they don't like MMDW or Merriwether Williams: Inb4 Stellafera" - Sugar Cube

Ooooooo! This is intensifying!

Dis_gon_be_good.gif

Also,Vote Twily! :wacko:

48043511.jpg

48043587.jpg

48043671.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Dolemite2.gif.1f535b74ff05826ca7dd78c9e5ec1078.gif                                                                              

(edited)

Beware, Rainbow Dash fans, because I'm so ready to fight for my favorite Apple tomorrow ;>

post-20905-0-38244700-1396483012_thumb.png

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 5

Fan of Applejack? Join us! We have the best cider from Sweet Apple Acres! :D

applejack_fan_button__requested__by_supe

ORANGESEXY IS THE BEST PONY!

Because of the great showing of AJ fans in this struggle, and because AJ is my 2nd favorite of the Mane Six and Dashie my least, my vote is definitely secured for that showdown. :)

• Brohoof 5

Did I seriously just halt the hostilities for a half hour by starting a conversation about shipping?

Keep in mind that this battle isn't over, even though it is April 3rd in the eastern hemisphere (I think).

Even more ships! Shipping is magic!

post-25538-0-97507500-1396483373.jpg

• Brohoof 5

banner+art.png

The irresistable pegasus!

(edited)

Because of the great showing of AJ fans in this struggle, and because AJ is my 2nd favorite of the Mane Six and Dashie my least, my vote is definitely secured for that showdown. :)

With the Rarity fandom secure in our grasp, their devotion will ensure an easy ride to the final two...

Applejack_lie_face.gif

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 3

Latest Video: Come On: An Ode To Best Friendship

img-9947-1-i-TxbKrsG.png

"Says they don't like MMDW or Merriwether Williams: Inb4 Stellafera" - Sugar Cube