Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 MLP Forums MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT (NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Doctor XFizzle

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Applejack vs. Fluttershy vs. Rarity vs. Pinkie Pie

• ALL CHARACTERS
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

You guys are probably going to have to help get the word out to vote.

I don't have the popularity and cachet around here like I used to  :blink:

You tried getting an announcement banner up for your tourney? I found that really helps with the tourney votes.

• Brohoof 1

I contacted Artemis for the 2014 MLPF World Cup, and he approved an announcement reel for it. I hope you get 100+ votes for every matchday :)

Awesome, thanks. At least Artemis knows me.

• Brohoof 1

Day 1 in Review:

flawless_victory-s418x497-296002.jpg

Well done Derp Brigade, well done indeed.  Derpy cleaned up her competition quite nicely, as I expected she would.  However, now is hardly the time to be resting on our laurels.  We've got a tough match coming up with none other than the Mistress of the Hive and Changeling Horde herself, Queen Chrysalis.  So ready yourselves lovers of Derpy, for Derpy's gonna need all the help she can get in this next round.  We will not see her fall to some love-sucking bug-queen, I SWEAR IT!!!  :angry:

Pleased to see all of my other picks get through as well, including Lyra and Granny Smith overcoming some very, very stiff competition.

Day 2 Comments

As expected, Rainbow and AJ are currently thrashing their competition.  Berry Punch has really fallen in popularity since Season 2, hasn't she?  I mean, not that I'm complaining, I voted for Pipsqueak too, but seriously, she used to be one of the most popular background ponies out there!  Cadence, Celestia, Spitfire, and Soarin should win real easy as well.  Closest one today will probably end up being Zecora vs. Gummy, and, surprising as it may sound, I'm actually throwing my weight behind Gummy.  Yeah, going for the dark horse candidate here; I don't know why, I just feel more compelled to vote for him than Zecora.  His randomness knows no bounds and what can I say, I love an underdog.  So vote for Gummy everypony; because really, what's more awesome than a pet that mirrors Pinkie Pie's personality to a T?  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 3

Wow, that was like the easiest vote ever.  I just went down the line and clicked the upper of the two choices for each match.  :D 

And the Cake Twins are facing a possible shut out.  I know SOMEBODY is going to give them a vote just to deny the background pony Applejack a flawless victory.  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

YESTERDAY'S RESULTS - MIDWEST REGION FIRST ROUND

(1) Rainbow Dash zooms past (16) Boneless 25-5

UPSET ALERT (9) Pipsqueak buckles down (8) Berry Punch 17-13

(5) Zecora makes a handbag out of (12) Gummy 20-10

(4) Princess Cadence squeezes the love out of (13) Fleetfoot 24-6

(6) Spitfire burns (11) Ahuizotl 24-6

(3) Princess Celestia banishes (14) Opal 24-6

(7) Soarin hits (10) Silver Spoon with a pie 27-3

(2) Applejack corrals the (15) Cake Twins 29-1

• Brohoof 2

Voting for:

1.Twilight-She's second best pony!

2.Cheese Sandwhich-Colgate is nice, but it's Weird Al we're talking about.

3.Cheerilie-I hate Scootaloo.

4.Octiva-Bowtie? Check. Long hair? Check. Violin? Check. Possible relation to Pinkie? Check.

5.Shining Armor-Eh, Mane-iac's okay, but she's a comic book character. 

6.Suri Polimare-I feel sorry for Spike, but I don't exactly like him. 

7.King Sombra-I hate both of them, but Sombra was inspired by Sauron, so...

8.Rarity-Rarity is best pony. 

• Brohoof 2

Day 2 in Review:

Pleased to see all my picks went through, even Pipsqueak, with the exception of Gummy.  Ah well, it was worth a shot.  Certainly stood a better chance than most other pets would in this competition.  Overall, an unsurprising Day 2, with the exception of Pipsqueak's newfound popularity.  'Bout time people realized how awesome Best Princess's #1 fan is!  :comeatus:

Day 3 Comments

Really shouldn't be any surprises today.  I guess Cheese Sandwich being probably the only Season 4 character who'll end up making it past the first round is pretty notable, but really, pretty much any background pony except for Derpy and Vinyl would have a hard time getting past a pony voiced by Weird Al Yankovic of all people.  Sorry Colgate, but Weird Al pony beats you any day of the week, despite the fact that I appreciate how seriously you take dental hygiene.  ;)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I was going to vote for Rarity anyway, but I still have to hand it to GFK for that kick ass post in support of her.  :D

(2) Applejack corrals the (15) Cake Twins 29-1

All right, who spoiled AJ's chance at a shut out?  :angry:

• Brohoof 3

I am completely lost on this xD

I did vote for Twilight Sparkle though. ^^

Now...what is this? (In a nutshell, please! ^^)

• Brohoof 1

All right, who spoiled AJ's chance at a shut out?  :angry:

To the offending party (you KNOW who you are  :okiedokielokie:), I just have one thing to say:

you-son-of-a-bitch_o_234400.jpg

That is all.  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 2

It's just a tournament with ponies :D

Like, you vote to see who advances to the next round, and then more votes, and more votes, and then a winner :D

I'm putting my money on Rarity all the way this year :D Seriously, I refuse to let her come in any place that's not first :D

• Brohoof 1

It's just a tournament with ponies :D

Like, you vote to see who advances to the next round, and then more votes, and more votes, and then a winner :D

I'm putting my money on Rarity all the way this year :D Seriously, I refuse to let her come in any place that's not first :D

NOT IF THIS MAN HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

fluttershy__smile_hd__wallpaper_by_hexfl

• Brohoof 3

a series of character popularity polls where winning characters advance to the next round then the next round until there's only one winner left

Dagnabbit, I missed Applejack's first round! And Granny Smith's too.... :( That's the problem with these one day votes I guess.

That said, I am so proud of everyone who voted for both AJ and Granny Smith. Free apple cider for everypony! I mean, Granny eked out a victory against the overrated new fan favorite, Coco Pommel? Never would have expected that! :o

Twilight Sparkle, Cheese Sandwich, Scootaloo, Octavia, Shining Armor, Spike, Sombra, and Rarity are all in the lead right now. As it should be. B)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 3

a series of character popularity polls where winning characters advance to the next round then the next round until there's only one winner left

Thanks. ^^"

Are they all canon characters?

I take that back, I didn't know who Zippoorwhill was. x3

Edited by Adorkable
  • Brohoof 2