Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 MLP Forums MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT (NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Doctor XFizzle

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Applejack vs. Fluttershy vs. Rarity vs. Pinkie Pie

• ALL CHARACTERS
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

Day 3 in Review:

Honestly, I really don't have anything to say about this one.  There just weren't really any surprises all around at all.  I'm sure the competition will get much more heated in this region as the tournament continues, but this round, nope, no surprises whatsoever.

Day 4 Comments

Shouldn't be too many surprises today either, although I will say that the close competition between Roseluck and Bon Bon is turning out to be very, very interesting.  I ended going with Rose myself; Bon Bon's funny and a classic background character, but Roseluck's always had a very unique design that has always appealed to me.  Glad to see she's currently on top.  :D

• Brohoof 1

Really, voting for Doctor Whooves over Babs Seed? Poor little Babsy is so underrated... :(

roflbot.jpg

On a less somber note, I am glad to see Apple Bloom, Big Mac, and Fluttershy doing well, and most of the other matches are going as I'd like them to. ;)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

Really, voting for Doctor Whooves over Babs Seed? Poor little Babsy is so underrated... :(

img-2441866-1-roflbot.jpg

On a less somber note, I am glad to see Apple Bloom, Big Mac, and Fluttershy doing well, and most of the other matches are going as I'd like them to. ;)

Yeah... sorry, Babs. You had your one episode, you served your intended purpose, and you didn't leave nearly enough of an impression on me to warrant a vote against the Doctor. You have a looooooooong way to go to have any chance of swaying the opinion of a die-hard Doctor Who fan.

I'll even vote for the Doctor against Discord, should he be fortunate enough to make it that far. It's probably a losing fight, but I will stand by him to the end.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah... sorry, Babs. You had your one episode, you served your intended purpose, and you didn't leave nearly enough of an impression on me to warrant a vote against the Doctor. You have a looooooooong way to go to have any chance of swaying the opinion of a die-hard Doctor Who fan.

I'll even vote for the Doctor against Discord, should he be fortunate enough to make it that far. It's probably a losing fight, but I will stand by him to the end.

How many MLP episodes has the good doctor had?

rarity___sly_by_hawk9mm-d5ekm8w.png

Babs has had an episode :D

#TeamBabs

• Brohoof 4

img-2441866-1-roflbot.jpg

I voted for Babs. I kinda like her.

• Brohoof 3

I voted for Babs. I kinda like her.

Yeahh, and the Doctor is mean :(

Remember all the times I was his companion in Board Game, and he'd ask me about the Sobbing Angel, and he'd shoot down every single answer I gave him? 

Rarity_looking_through_the_newspaper_S2E

It's safe to say the Doctor's attitude was very...uncouth...during the times I was his companion on that crazy online game we used to play every night with the rest of the group.

(Which, reminds me, can't play tonight, Academic Contests in the morning :D )

• Brohoof 1

How many MLP episodes has the good doctor had?

img-2441916-1-rarity___sly_by_hawk9mm-d5

Babs has had an episode :D

#TeamBabs

Yes. Yes she has. And it has kind of drifted from my memory almost completely, except for the song. But whatever, the quality of the episode is a judgement call.

The Doctor doesn't need to have a full MLP episode for himself to justify my voting for him. By this logic, I would vote for Babs over Vinyl and Derpy, and NO. The 800+ episodes of Doctor Who, and the lore contained within, that the pony character is clearly a reference to is more than enough, thank you very much. ^_^

(Also, MLP really CAN'T give the Doctor an episode or make him anything more than a background character even if the writers wanted to, because that would probably get them in all kinds of trouble with the BBC. So... yeah.)

• Brohoof 2

Doctor Whooves is best background pony because he's named after Doctor XFizzle and I'm awesome.

That's why I voted Dr. Whooves.

YESTERDAY'S RESULTS - WEST REGION FIRST ROUND
(1) Discord rains chaos upon (16) Prim Hemline 59-6
BUZZER BEATER (8) Bon Bon prunes (9) Rose 33-32
(5) Apple Bloom hammers (12) Mayor Mare 58-7
(4) Dr. Whooves sends (13) Babs Seed packing 49-16
(6) Big Macintosh blows away (11) Seabreeze 52-13
(3) Princess Luna professionally defeats (14) Miss Harshwhinny 63-2
(7) Bulk Biceps outmuscles (10) Snips 57-8
(2) Fluttershy washes out the (15) Spa Twins 54-11

We are now in the Round of 32. Today's matchups involve Princess vs. Party Pony, a Bro Battle, and a Gem Queen vs. Crystal King
  • Brohoof 2

Totally keeping track of this topic from now on xD

I've been singing Cheese's songs a lot this past week, but nopony gets my vote over Twilight ^_^

Love Spike and Shining alike, but going with the latter.

I love Octavia!! :3   University Days was an amazing fic that breathed life into a number of background ponies for me.

I'll take the magnificent Rarity over shady Sombra any day. Though the dark King's tragic past (personal headcanon) captures my thoughts, a shining star wins my heart- and thus, the vote :D

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 2

Twilight over Cheese Sandwich. Cheese Sandwich is a VERY strong 9 seed, but if Twilight actually struggles I will be very disappointed in the fandom. Come on people, Twilight has done more than enough to earn your votes over a guest star. :P

Scootaloo over Octavia. Not a huge fan of either but the tiebreaker goes to the pony/chicken with speaking lines.

Rarity over King Sombra. Don't think Rarity should have much trouble here, at least I hope not. :D

Spike over Shining Armor. I don't really have anything to say, so here's a cat gif.

cat-fat-dancing-cat-gif.gif

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 2

Not trying to steal anyone's vote here...

Ah, hell...

VOTE FOR RARITY!!!! :D :D :wub:

tumblr_mzid4slvSJ1rx1dg0o2_500.png

f7cf64a83a6c463e630e965f0c54f7ae-d6f1aui

Do you have enough Rarity images to last the entire tournament?

...Nevermind, dumb question.

• Brohoof 4

Gee, I dunno if I have the effort in me to keep up with posting regularly in a character voting thread again, but I guess I can try to at least vote regularly from now on. :P

Anyway, hope Rarity wins. Unless she goes to total jeopardy, I think I'll just focus on lending my full support to her this time. :D

iSP8p07.jpg

Do you have enough Rarity images to last the entire tournament?

...Nevermind, dumb question.

Oh, he's not the only one. :comeatus:

Tghh3hD.jpg

• Brohoof 5