Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 MLP Forums MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT (NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Doctor XFizzle

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Applejack vs. Fluttershy vs. Rarity vs. Pinkie Pie

• ALL CHARACTERS
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

Go on, Cap'n Crunch. 'Ol grumpy ghostie is listening :umad:

Okay, well... um... this is a little awkward, because I wasn't planning to show my cards until the appropriate time, but... here goes.

Half of the story: Rarity is NOT my least favorite Mane Six anymore. She used to be, and it was for the dumbest reasons, and I'm finally coming to terms with that and self-correcting. Live and learn and all that jazz.

The other half: Um... let's just say one of my votes in the very near future (at some point in this coming round, in fact) might not go the way you'd assume based on my previous posts and stated preferences.

I only hope I can forgive myself for what I might be about to do...

• Brohoof 3

*walks into Fluttershy Corps locker room* 

Fiilies and gentlecolts, our day has arrived.

This is it. One match. All the glory on the line. One chance to be at our best, for the pony who needs us now more than ever.

This isn't a challenge. This isn't an obstacle. This isn't even a contest. This is an opportunity. And it's an opportunity that 48 other characters wish they had right now.

Along with Nightmare Moon, who wasn't in this tournament at all! 

post-13366-0-90661300-1396017699.gif

Amazingly, I did not even notice her rather conspicuous absence from the field until yesterday.

*looks around the room at each awesome Fluttershy fan*

That's what we've earned here today. That's what every single one of you has earned today.

We can be champions. We can win this whole thing. Fluttershy owns March Madness, and all other things March. Look, I even have a picture to prove it.

post-13366-0-09187100-1396018059_thumb.jpg

See? March. It belongs to her in all her adorableness. Always.

But no one's gonna hand this to us. We have to earn it just like we earned our chance here.

I am sick of hearing what a dedicated fan base Luna has. If we faced them ten times, they might win nine. But not today. Today, we fly with them. Today, we stay with them, and we shut them down, because we can!

Today, Fluttershy has the greatest fans in all of Equestria.

My friends... this is our time.

Now go out there and take it!

*CUE EXTREMELY RANDOM BATTLE MUSIC*

Credit always goes where credit is due: excerpts of this pregame speech (the last third, specifically) were inspired by the epic pregame speech from the movie "Miracle". If you haven't seen "Miracle"... you should track it down and check it out. I'm just sayin'.

• Brohoof 5

YESTERDAY'S RESULTS - MIDWEST REGION ROUND OF 32

(1) Rainbow Dash rainbooms over (9) Pipsqueak 54-9

(4) Princess Cadence hexes (5) Zecora 39-24

(3) Princess Celestia puts a royal beatdown on (6) Spitfire 44-19

(2) Applejack rounds up (7) Soarin 55-8

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO

YELLOWQUIET VS. MOONBUTT III!!

FIGHT!!!

• Brohoof 3

Day 8 in Review:

Alrighty, looks like we got two princesses in the next round (no surprises there), everypony's favorite cowgirl, and the coolest pegasus in all of Equestria (ya know, besides Derpy of course  ;)).  I'm guessing that AJ and RD are going to handle Princess Celestia and Princess Cadance quite easily, setting up an awesome showdown between the show's resident tomcolts, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Day 9 Comments

Believe it or not, I'm actually throwing my weight behind AB on this one.  Sure Discord is undeniably awesome, the god of chaos and trolls, no doubt about that, but ultimately Apple Bloom has been a more integral part of the show up to this point, at least I'd say she has.  Not only that, but she's adorable, she's an Apple, and she's having a heck of a Season 4.  Discord may be the favorite in this one, but I say let's pull for lil' AB and get her to the Elite 8 ya'll!!!  :D

As for Flutters and Luna, I really, truly think this will finally be Fluttershy's year, at least as far as her matches against Princess Luna go.  Sure hoping she ends up the winner here, but I'm sure that it'll be a close one, no doubt about that.  GO FLUTTERSHY!!!  :yay:

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO

YELLOWQUIET VS. MOONBUTT III!!

FIGHT!!!

You forgot this.  :mellow:

Now they're ready.  :comeatus:

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!  FIGHT!!!!!!!!!

13319408469.gif#?1%23?1%23WebrootPlugIn%

800px-Luna_Angry_3_S2E4.png

• Brohoof 3

:squee: :squee: :squee:

The round I've been waiting for!

Flutters is gonna dominate Luna!

555196__safe_solo_fluttershy_animated_pl

You just can't compete with that level of cuteness.

Fluttershy Vs. Luna may very well be the most difficult choice ever.

As if, it was an easy decision for me. we all know Fluttershy is gonna win this. ;)

• Brohoof 6

So it is time... for Fluttershy to finally avenge... the DAMNED OVERRATED Fan favourite princess of the night. ONWARD FWUTTASHIES!!!!

the+land+of+Fluttershy+clone+stamp.jpg

Seriously, how can you resist this?! :wub: Answer: You CANNOT! DEFECT TO THE FWUTTASHY CORPS! :D

fluttershy_being_cute__with_hoody__by_in

Don't tell me you need a derp face to join us! :D

cute_fluttershy_vector_by_termi92-d4rlk2

Ok... how about Fluttershy as a cute, innocent school pony? :3

original.png

Maybe this Fluttershy school uniform is cuter... :3

fluttershy_schoolgirl__animation__by_ake

Finally... You... simply... cannot resist to this... :3

136081043312.png

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 7

Either way, whoever wis this gets my support for the rest of the tourney. Its looking more like a contest of the Fluttershy Corps vs Rarity. I'm really hoping that Twilight gets the upset over Rarity, though.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmmmm........

I find it funny that the general consensus is that RD and Rarity fans have a rivalry, and the competition here is Fluttershy vs. Rarity :D

In any case, when Rarity comes up, be prepared for the most fiercely loyal fanbase to come storming in ;)

• Brohoof 1

It seems Fluttershy has a nice lead on Princess Luna. So far, so good, right? Well Fluttershy supporters, this is no time to get complacent! Come on guys, this thing is just getting started. Fluttershy still needs our help if she is to prevail. :)

And here is a nice motivational PMV to help set the tone:

Why should you vote for Fluttershy instead of Princess Luna? I don't like answering a question with a question, but this is exactly what I said during their previous battle. What is Princess Luna's most remarkable accomplishment to date? Appearing in the dreams of the CMCs (well, it was just Scootaloo's last time). Then take a look at Fluttershy's greatest feat: Winning Discord's friendship. My friends, there is no comparison. The soft-spoken yellow pegasus is the one who deserves to advance in this tourney. ;)

:angry:  :angry:  Moonbutt, you're going down!!!!! :angry:  :angry:

And if anybody's wondering, my other vote went to Apple Bloom. 

I was like "Princess Luna :comeatus: , Fluttershy ;) ? I CAN'T DECIDE" I had my sis help we decided, Fluttershy

You chose wisely. :)

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 9

I can't believe the trouble Apple Bloom is giving Discord.

I thought that everyone's favorite baddie would completely demolish the young blank flank.

Any ways as much as I like princess Luna I had to vote for best pony and it seems great that she is winning so far.

It's time for revenge for last year.

So c'mon fluttercorps let's do this and lead our precious Yellowquiet to victory.

First this round and then soon she will have destroyed every other pony in this entire tournament!

No one will be able to stop us!

Go team Fluttershy!

post-7852-0-99367900-1396051400.jpg

post-7852-0-81295100-1396051414.jpg

post-7852-0-18410400-1396051465.jpg

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 5

How in the heck are Discord and Apple Bloom tied right now? haha I thought Discord would be winning by a wide margin :lol:

Also (naturally) I'm hoping Princess Luna wins over Fluttershy. But even so I won't be mad if she loses as I love both Luna and Flutters equally :) If Apple Bloom wins, I hope the winner between Flutters/Luna kicks the crap out of her. If it's Discord, then I'm not sure how I want the next matchup to turn out. Because Discord is pretty awesome. 

Edited by Space Woona
  • Brohoof 2

For any of you who still have doubts as to who to vote for, I'll just leave this here:

fluttershy_simulator_by_doublewbrothers-

VOTE FOR FLUTTERSHY EVERYPONY (and Apple Bloom while you're at it  :yay:)!!!

• Brohoof 8

I thought that everyone's favorite baddie would completely demolish the young blank flank.

stop assuming things about me I'm a Lightning Dust fan

513388__safe_solo_animated_meme_apple%2B

As for myself, I voted for Applebloom and Fluttershy. I guess I just prefer the main cast in general. For a while I had a weird grudge against AB stemming from irritating Season 2 episodes, but frankly she's one of the darlings of Season 4 and deserves the win.

Fluttershy had some of my favorite episodes and I never saw the appeal of Luna anyhow, so to the Flutters goes the spoils!

And with my avatar... I don't think Discord would want to see what happens when he beats out AJ's little sister. 

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 8

Come on,Apple Bloom fans!!We're nearly tied with Discord!!But we need more votes to send him to qhere he came :okiedokielokie:

If you want to know,i've voted for Fluttershy

Edited by Lightwing
  • Brohoof 2