2014 MLP Forums MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT (NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Doctor XFizzle

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Applejack vs. Fluttershy vs. Rarity vs. Pinkie Pie

• ALL CHARACTERS
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

This thread is full of AJ fans agreeing AJ is better than Rainbow and i'm just sitting here like

l_dada07d0-9d91-11e2-8213-7bb51b100013.j

• Brohoof 1

*sigh* You know, you two guys are free to have your little temper tantrum, but doesn't it feel a little bit silly to go after Rarity just because she dared to win against your favorite just ONCE in an utterly meaningless competition that was supposed to be just for fun? Doesn't strike you that behaviour as childish?

What is so horrible about Rarity winning something for a change? And it's not like she utterly destroyed Twie... it was a very close call.

Edit: It's also how Rarity fans used to feel not a long time ago, she never won any polls.

Hey, speaking of temper tantrums...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6BCTFE4lL0

Personally, It's not that bad. Twiley tried her best. I hope Applejack wins because she is a great pony that deserves to go further in the competition. Rarity is great too even with all her flaws. At least the princess lost to a worthy pony and not somepony like Derpy Hooves.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This thread is full of AJ fans agreeing AJ is better than Rainbow and i'm just sitting here like

l_dada07d0-9d91-11e2-8213-7bb51b100013.j

It depends, you know? Yeah, I like AJ more than Rainbow Dash, but to be absolutely honest, I don't see her as BETTER. They're just different and it just happens that I can relate to Applejack. I still love RD and wish her luck :) But she has a HUGE fanbase and won plenty of contests like this one, so I'm really happy to for once see some love for AJ. 

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

snip

Excellent writeup on your best pony. You presented a fantastic case for why Dash is such an endearing character, and I am honestly happy just to see someone coming in to represent her. You guys have been too quiet thus far. :P

If I could give just a short piece to somewhat even the score, perhaps Rainbow Dash boasts the more gripping story of the two, but by the same token I think Applejack's more lifelike role as a simple provider for her friends and family makes her very enriching and less, shall I say, fantasy-esque than Rainbow Dash's rather decorated tale. Whereas Rainbow Dash has had the pleasure of doing things that nopony else has ever done, such as pulling off Sonic Rainbooms, winning countless competitions, getting to meet her lifelong heroes, slowly but surely becoming a Wonderbolt, etc, Applejack has had a much more tame, less grand-scale life, and in many ways I think that makes her the more relatable of the two. It's great to want to aim high and live out your biggest dreams, but sometimes Applejack's message of contentment with what you have is just as, if not more viable.

Obviously, there's many ways of interpreting the characters and I think they all carry about many deep and rewarding messages about life, and everyone is going to find one that speaks to them more deeply than the others. For you it happens to be Rainbow Dash and I can really see why. I enjoyed reading that bit about her and I wish she was giving AJ a little more of a tussle here. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

@@Anilewe,

True, true. As I said earlier on in this thread, whenever it's Mane 6 vs Mane 6, I have two sides within me arguing over which one is better. 

Edited by Half Life 3

ATTENTION TWILIGHT SPARKLE FANS

In response to the crushing defeat yesterday, we must retaliate against the Rarity-Applejack (Rarijack) alliance by voting against Applejack.  Your vote for Rainbow Dash will help us rise again.

With urgency,

General SSTB

A wise mare once said, "It's important to remember that the friendship is always more important than the competition".

She'd be proud of our support, and would want us to continue showing it for others.

AJ's my favorite contender left, so....... "GO APPLEJACK!!!"

post-13930-0-10498000-1396554519_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

How can Applejack haters ignore THIS face :(

apple_jack_lip_bite_by_daviez20-d4z2vap.

But I hope there aren't any Applejack haters. :o

Even though I voted for Rainbow Dash, I really like Applejack as well.

Edited by BlobuIle
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, It's not that bad. Twiley tried her best. I hope Applejack wins because she is a great pony that deserves to go further in the competition. Rarity is great too even with all her flaws. At least the princess lost to a worthy pony and not somepony like Derpy Hooves.

Im glad you calmed down a bit. Honestly, i like all of the mane6, and Twie is pretty high in my personal rating, but i just like Rares the most, so i voted for her. But i think they all would be worthy winners.

They are all great ponys.

• Brohoof 3

I have a question. What in the world happened to the love for RD??? It was just barely last year that Rainbow Dash won the last March Madness tournament, and she was always one of the most popular and loved ponies. But now she's getting absolutely destroyed by AJ in this poll right now. I suppose it's because her character hasn't been that great this season and even last season, which is really disappointing for me, and for all the other RD fans, I'm sure.

• Brohoof 3

For unknown reasons, some members can't access to the forum.

Here are the members concerned:

Rainbow Dash

IloveRainbowdash

Rainbowdashbestpony

DoubleRainbow Dash

Dashie

Dash Rainbow

RainbowDashforever

• Brohoof 1

I have a question. What in the world happened to the love for RD??? It was just barely last year that Rainbow Dash won the last March Madness tournament, and she was always one of the most popular and loved ponies. But now she's getting absolutely destroyed by AJ in this poll right now. I suppose it's because her character hasn't been that great this season and even last season, which is really disappointing for me, and for all the other RD fans, I'm sure.

It might be it or her fans really don't know about it O_O' Though it's odd, that's for sure! On the other hand, if only I wasn't as biased as I am, I'd probably vote for a character, who was better in current season, so it's possible that people are voting for AJ because of that. 

• Brohoof 1