Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

should they introduce a new princess?

Cloud Runner

I know that there is a lot of discussion over Twilight becoming a princess, but what if another pony became a princess in the beginning of the fifth seasons. Who do you think it would be. Or maybe you think they should add a whole new character. I personally think that the other 5 should become princesses along with Twilight. It would make sense because they each represent an element. It would also deepen the story a little bit and make for a cool episode. That's just my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

INB4 a crap ton of people screaming NO MORE PRINCESSES

I can totally see Hasbro pulling the 'rest of the Mane 6' become Princesses schtick. For the intended audience it's a very satisfying way to expand on their characterizations. It'll make a ton of new toys to sell. And I personally don't care. Make Derpy a Princess, whatever, it's all cool with me.

• Brohoof 2

I Made a new princess for my fanfic that I'm writing.

Princess Necra, guardian of the afterlife.

But really I don't want a new princess. how about another Queen, or maybe a king!

If you rule with no one at a high position of power then your a Queen/King!

I'm looking at your celestia-

send_it_to_the_moon_by_mixermike622-d3lk

Oh crap.

Get me my space suit!

As long as they make it believable, like Cadence, why the hell not.

I Made a new princess for my fanfic that I'm writing.

Princess Necra, guardian of the afterlife.

But really I don't want a new princess. how about another Queen, or maybe a king!

If you rule with no one at a high position of power then your a Queen/King!

I'm looking at your celestia-

send_it_to_the_moon_by_mixermike622-d3lk

Oh crap.

Get me my space suit!

You bring up a good point. How come there is no queen? Maybe Celestia could become the queen of Equestria

• Brohoof 1

Uhhhhh hahahaha, I think we've had enough headaches with the last two additions to the royal lady brigade. ^^;

However, i'm open to the idea of seeing princesses of other species. Gryphons, Mooses, heck, gimme some deer and I'll be happy. It'd be nice to explore the world outside of Equestria and interact with their rulers.

But knowing Hasbro, that's probably wishful thinking. :/

I don't see a point in adding new princesses when:

1. This season, only one princess has been given any serious screen-time, leaving the other three trying to scrounge up an episode for themselves.

2. Twilight's status as a princess is still an irrelevant point for the series when they don't put focus on it in a Twilight focused episode. We're still waiting for when season 5 rolls when they have to put her status as a focus for the obvious rainbow kingdom incoming.

Also, turning the the rest of the mane 6 to princesses is still a terrible idea because:

1. It will piss off a huge portion of the fandom as it clearly betrays Faust's vision for the characters.

2. Unlike Twilight's own buildup to be a princess, there has been none thus far for them.

3. What kingdom will they rule? Twilight will get one but what about the rest.

4. It cheapens the Alicorns and being a princess even more as there are five new ones in the setting.

5. What new ideas can they bring to the series for them that they couldn't do with the current roster of princesses and how the mane 6 are?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I don't see a point in adding new princesses when:

1. This season, only one princess has been given any serious screen-time, leaving the other three trying to scrounge up an episode for themselves.

2. Twilight's status as a princess is still an irrelevant point for the series when they don't put focus on it in a Twilight focused episode. We're still waiting for when season 5 rolls when they have to put her status as a focus for the obvious rainbow kingdom incoming.

Also, turning the the rest of the mane 6 to princesses is still a terrible idea because:

1. It will piss off a huge portion of the fandom as it clearly betrays Faust's vision for the characters.

2. Unlike Twilight's own buildup to be a princess, there has been none thus far for them.

3. What kingdom will they rule? Twilight will get one but what about the rest.

4. It cheapens the Alicorns and being a princess even more as there are five new ones in the setting.

5. What new ideas can they bring to the series for them that they couldn't do with the current roster of princesses and how the mane 6 are?

You bring up a good point with number 3. Look at cadence, what in the world did she rule before the crystal empire? She was just kinda there to be there.

Edited by Cloud Runner
  • Brohoof 1

Of course they are going to make more princesses. The toy line already shows Shining Armor and Cadence having an alicorn daughter.

Better question is when are we going to get a PRINCE alicorn?!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It kinda pisses me off that they made Twilight a princess because there was no reason behind it. Was it because she was good at magic. Last time I checked, that'a not a valid reason to be royalty. But they already made her a princess so why not go and say everyone is a princess? They could just go on and say they're "honorary" that way they don't have to be alicorns. And for the whole no kingdom issue, you could say that they are princesses of the elements. To my understanding, its pretty prestigious to wield the elements of harmony, so just go on and say that the position ratifies the promotion to princess. Then just say that Twilight has the highest honor for wielding the element of magic and therefore she gets to be a full on princess with alicorn powers and such. I don't know, call me an idiot but I think it might be interesting and help explain why Twilight gets to be a princess even though she has done nothing to justify it.      

Edited by Cloud Runner

It kinda pisses me off that they made Twilight a princess because there was no reason behind it. Was it because she was good at magic. Last time I checked, that'a not a valid reason to be royalty. But they already made her a princess so why not go and say everyone is a princess? They could just go on and say they're "honorary" that way they don't have to be alicorns. And for the whole no kingdom issue, you could say that they are princesses of the elements. To my understanding, its pretty prestigious to wield the elements of harmony, so just go on and say that the position ratifies the promotion to princess. Then just say that Twilight has the highest honor for wielding the element of magic and therefore she gets to be a full on princess with alicorn powers and such. I don't know, call me an idiot but I think it might be interesting and help explain why Twilight gets to be a princess even though she has done nothing to justify it.      

Huh, you might a good point. Twilight Sparkle might be good at magic, but becoming a princess, not really a good reason for that. She should just be known as a great unicorn mage or something, and leave it at that.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It kinda pisses me off that they made Twilight a princess because there was no reason behind it. Was it because she was good at magic. Last time I checked, that'a not a valid reason to be royalty. But they already made her a princess so why not go and say everyone is a princess? They could just go on and say there "honorary" that way they don't have to be alicorns. And for the whole no kingdom issue, you could say that they are princesses of the elements. To my understanding, its pretty prestigious to wield the elements of harmony, so just go on and say that the position ratifies the promotion to princess. Then just say that Twilight has the highest honor for wielding the element of harmony and therefor she gets to be a full on princess with alicorn powers and such. I don't know, call me an idiot but I think it might be interesting and help explain why Twilight gets to be a princess even though she has done nothing to justify it.

Fair points, I can attribute your point of Twilight being made a princess as that episode was originally the series finale till it proved popular for more seasons. Thus they turned her into a princess to end the series on a high note till popularity said otherwise.

Your 2nd point can be explained that since every princess in Equestria has a kingdom, unless they want break the mold for the sake of the toyline, the show will have trouble trying to give an appropriate kingdom to every one of them in current Equestria.

Also, the point of making them honorary princesses would be kinda of disrespectful to their characters and it would still be a cheap way of essentially making them princesses without turning them as such to please both sides in a way.

Do I sound condescending btw. If so I apologize as it wasn't my intent.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A prince? I agree, if we are going to a new alicorn, it is should be a guy.

How about a ZEBRA alicorn prince?

....what? Hey the crazier the stuff we mention in our fandom, the more likely Hasbro will hear us and will think its a good idea thus making a movie out of it.

Edited by windy_prance
  • Brohoof 3

Fair points, I can attribute your point of Twilight being made a princess as that episode was originally the series finale till it proved popular for more seasons. Thus they turned her into a princess to end the series on a high note till popularity said otherwise.

Your 2nd point can be explained that since every princess in Equestria has a kingdom, unless they want break the mold for the sake of the toyline, the show will have trouble trying to give an appropriate kingdom to every one of the in current Equestria.

Also, the point of making them honorary princesses would be kinda of disrespectful to their characters and it would still be a cheap way of essentially making them princesses without turning them as such to please both sides in a way.

Do I sound condescending btw. If so I apologize as it wasn't my intent.

No you're good. I  didn't know they were going to end it with Twi becoming a princess

• Brohoof 1

You bring up a good point. How come there is no queen? Maybe Celestia could become the queen of Equestria

Celestia was originally going to be Queen Celestia, but Hasbro said no because girls associate queen with evil and princess with good and wanot

Well, on topic, it doesn't make any difference to me, maybe the warm feeling of someone getting a tittle they earned, like I did for Twily when she did,  

• Brohoof 2

A princess of what exactly? We already have enough of them as it is leave any additional princesses to fanfics, this isn't Adventure Time where there can be a princess of literally everything without giving off some serious Mary Sue wish fulfillment vibes. I am not saying another one would be automatically doomed to be one but it is just unnecessary and could start a rather bothersome precedent.

(edited)

I'd like to see an alicorn prince.

But the Mane 6 eventually all becoming alicorns would be cool too, because I totally want it to be SHOW CANON that any kind of pony can attain alicorn status. It really irks me when people suggest that ONLY unicorns can. Don't they notice that that concept has some HORRIBLY unfortunate implications?

So yeah, some more alicorns would be okay eventually.

Just not right NOW. We've got plenty of stories we can do before all the girls become alicorns.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like to see and alicorn prince.

But the Mane 6 eventually all becoming alicorns would be cool too, because I totally want it to be SHOW CANON that any kind of pony can attain alicorn status. It really irks me when people suggest that ONLY unicorns can. Don't they notice that that concept has some HORRIBLY unfortunate implications?

So yeah, some more alicorns would be okay eventually.

Just not right NOW. We've got plenty of stories we can do before all the girls become alicorns.

I agree, maybe that would be a series finale. I hate to say it but one day FiM has to end and making the mane 6 princesses would be a nice ending, and who knows, maybe they'll incorporate the mane 6 into gen5. 

• Brohoof 1

I agree, maybe that would be a series finale. I hate to say it but one day FiM has to end and making the mane 6 princesses would be a nice ending, and who knows, maybe they'll incorporate the mane 6 into gen5. 

Agreed, I think that would be cool.

Yeah, maybe in Gen 5 we'll get a new cast of characters to follow, and occasionally the different princesses of harmony can drop in for an appearance.

• Brohoof 1

Agreed, I think that would be cool.

Yeah, maybe in Gen 5 we'll get a new cast of characters to follow, and occasionally the different princesses of harmony can drop in for an appearance.

that'd be pretty cool indeed