Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming A Pokemon move you hate

~Sugar Sprinkles~

If we're talking CPU battles, it's got to be Double Team/ Minimize etc. It's just really annoying when the opponent becomes almost impossible to hit. Oh and Dig/Fly, not a huge deal, it's just a waste of time.

Other notable moves:

Any voice type move. I have a baton pass based team and the sound based moves go through the substitutes; very, very annoying.

Encore: the number one enemy. Priority encore takes a dump on baton pass teams trying to boost. You got to do all these dry passes to hopefully lure in the prankster and murder them. 

King's Shield. It's not a super overpowered move or anything, but it can be a hassle for my pokes with contact attacks to play that silly game of boost or attack.

Perish Song, indeed the most terrible move in the game. It succeeds in hitting its targets way more often in the Mystery Dungeon series, no matter how freaking powerful your character is, it is still a waste of a reviver seed.

Oh gawd, Earth Power and Roar of Time.... overkill and retarded.

I hate it when somebody uses a "troll" Pokémon as I call them. I refer to them as that because I feel like I'm being Trolled when I fight the said Pokémon, whose moveset usually consists of

• Substitute
  • Taunt
  • Some move that can either poison, or confuse me
  • Either a move that nerfs my stats, buffs their stats, or heals them so that they can keep trolling me

Confuse Ray-self-explanatory

Double Team-when it gets spammed by the AI

Anything that causes paralysis, especially Thunder Wave

Earthquake-Tate and Liza's Claydol spammed it

Knock Off-had a berry knocked off in the battle that I needed

Swagger-great if you can cure confusion...not so much if you can't

ANY of the Powder attacks, like Stun, Sleep, etc.

Calm Mind then Pschic-Tate and Liza's Xatu

And that's pretty much it. I'll update if I can

Edited by Wolf-Boy

~ Self-Destruct. Seriously. I recently battled a trainer who had two Gravelers. They both used Self-Destruct, no questions asked. Didn't even do much damage! What a waste.

~ Odor Sleuth. >Has non-ghost type Pokemon. >Opponent uses Odor Sleuth. Really, it serves no purpose against me! Does my Lucario look like a ghost type to you? Or maybe my Braixen? How about Blastoise? Mawile!?

~ Rest. Oh yeah, make your Pokemon sleep to restore its health, that's a good idea! Now if you don't mind, I'm just gonna continue owning him/her. :lol:

• 4 months later...

Protect or Spiky Shield. Now Spiky Shield is one of my favorite moves when I have it, but it clearly irratates others and irritates me when used against me.

And Protect annoys me at how op it can be. You pretty much can't use any two turn attacks against something with protect, and the TM is insanely common. I wish protect was a move only some pokemon could learn...

• 1 month later...

Dark Void:

I hate this move so much, and it's the main reason why I hate fighting Darkrai. It's so annoying, and due to Darkrai's speed; I'm usually not able to outspeed him in time.

Recovery moves:

They are extremely annoying; especially on staller Pokemon. They just make the game go on and on and on, and make it extremely boring. To be fair, though; I, too, use recovery moves semi-frequently, so I don't really have the right to complain.

∞ Substitute (every Klefki ever)

∞ Thunderbolt (every Klefki ever)

∞ Perish Song

∞ Earthquake (people just spam it)

∞ X-Scissor

Swords Dance

∞ Protect

∞ Trick Room

∞ Dazzling Gleam

Edited by Rei

I really don't like Confuse Ray. It always hits me. D:

Besides that, I don't really have a move that I dislike. -3-

Edited by Mienshao

I dislike any move that lengthens the battle beyond what it should be...I am a hardcore offensive player....And being a pokemon fan since it's US inception, my strategy hasn't changed much from the days of the Game Link Cable, battling kids on the playground (I sucked at first, but once I got things down, I won a lot...that I don't mind level grinding)

Spore: Breloom's just...gah!

Dark Void: Because I love triple battles, it's a commodity. Darkrai's just...gah!

Explosion: also a thing in triples. Not fun if you can't predict it, still not fun if you do

Shell Smash: When used properly, it's pretty much game

Geomancy: My god, I face too many ubers, and wayyyy to many Xerneas'. I hate every single one of them

Swagger: Just no.

Kings Shield: And the pokemon/mind games that come with it

Mat Block: Triples again. It's Greninja''s signature, and it's essentially a free protect for the other two members if your pokemon's slower...which it probably is. Potential free set-up for two pokemon makes me thank god Talonflame's a thing

U-turn: Scizor's staple post, in tandem with...

Volt Switch: Rotom-W's staple post. If you feel like it, combine it with...

Parting shot: Pangoro's staple post. Helps they all cover each other's weaknesses.

Sticky Web: Because I love my hyper offense, this doesn't work for me at all

Stealth Rocks: the worst. Completely ruins the fun of the game. I'm not saying this from a noobish "but I can't use my Chawizad!" or a "but we're only supposed to use direct attacks!" standpoint. I mean it literally prevents certain pokemon from even being thought about being used competitively. It's supposed to be strategy, but it just clogs up the metagame. Ir eats up entire teams to set them up, keep them up, remove them, and prevent them from being on the field in the first place. When a move like defog has to be in a pokemon's move list, something went seriously wrong.

I think all my most hated moves have already been mentioned, such as Protect and Double Team or any evasion increasing move. I've got a couple that I don't think that has been mentiioned yet:

Water Sport or Mud Sport. When the AI uses this it's like them waving a white flag to the player, saying "knock me out." Any low accuracy moves that are needed to get good coverage, such as the unreliable Focus Blast. Why? The AI seems to hit with that move three times in one battle, but I'm lucky to get it to hit just twice in one battle.