Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Bloodlines OOC

SilverHeart

(edited)

@,

Oh, I thought you meant there was one seat next to her on the end. The rows have many seats though, you wouldn't find only two seats alone. There'd be virtually nopony there aside from our group too.

If you mean she sat at the end, in the last seat, then I will edit.

yeah, I meant that she sat at the end of the row. I just used the word edge, becuz... I'm not certain, actually. My bad.

So yeah,

[x][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

^ I meant like that.

Edited by Aged Rain

Suffering a complete lack of creativity right now. Sorry for the corresponding lack of post :/

It's fine. It happens to everyone. Though if you can make a post, even a mediocre and relatively short one is better than nothing. So if you can great. If you can't, I'll wait a bit longer before making my post.

• Brohoof 1

Hey Cinder, is the robed figure that Emerald is trying to draw attention to the magician (Mirror who is wearing her cloak) or the two robed figures up on the balcony?

It's mirror - the other one on stage. She's just hoping to shift folks attention to her to keep the accident low key. :)

Alright, that's what I thought. Thanks for explaining. :)

I'll try making a post later today after I get off work.

No worries :P

Yeah, it's effectively a more subtle/effective way of pointing at Mirror and shouting something to get everyone's attention, like 'Hey, it's Princess Cadence!' or something of the sort.

The way I describe her Glamor spell is that it effects ponies in the same way as paranoia, nostalgia or habit. She can't actually make you like something or not see it, but its like a voice at the back of your head just trying to draw attention to or from something.

That's why it's more potent when its kept low-key: putting more power in gives it more of an immediate effect, but its more likely to be noticed. ('Wait, why did I go this way? I don't need the bathroom...')

No worries :P

Yeah, it's effectively a more subtle/effective way of pointing at Mirror and shouting something to get everyone's attention, like 'Hey, it's Princess Cadence!' or something of the sort.

The way I describe her Glamor spell is that it effects ponies in the same way as paranoia, nostalgia or habit. She can't actually make you like something or not see it, but its like a voice at the back of your head just trying to draw attention to or from something.

That's why it's more potent when its kept low-key: putting more power in gives it more of an immediate effect, but its more likely to be noticed. ('Wait, why did I go this way? I don't need the bathroom...')

Oh, that's what she was doing? I got confused there but thought I was just being dense. I forgot her magic did that.

So it's more of an influence then anything else?

(edited)

Yeah - she makes something more (or less, but usually more) appealing to folks - its like a suggestion: she can't make them do something that they wouldn't normally, but...

Before:

"Huh, the pool looks nice, I might go for a swim later"

After:

"You know what? I'm getting in the pool right now."

Or more relevantly:

"There's a pony with a robe over there, but look at the other one falling over!"

To

"Hey, I never realised just how shifty that mysterious robed pony looks..."

Or at least, that's the sort of thing she's hoping to achieve. ;)

Edited by Cinderscribe

I would also like to offer an apology for my inactivity as of late. I've no intention of dropping out of this RP, and will work on a post tonight. I've recently found that the amount of RPs I've involved myself in were more than I could handle, alongside my other pursuits, and the weight of it all kinda caused me to stall in my tracks entirely. That was irresponsible and inconsiderate of me, and I will resume regular posting in this RP, for it interests me greatly.

• Brohoof 2

@@Evilshy,@,

Thank y'all, but I think I speak for both myself and Scribbler when I say we understand. I know for myself that college work and...actual work (?) have kept me busy to the point where I haven't even gotten the chance to write more than one (or even none) post in some of the RP's I signed up for. We're just glad to hear that y'all are still interested. I personally am glad that y'all want to continue, the two of you are some of the better RP'ers I have seen and it would be a shame to lose y'all.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Evilshy,@,

Thank y'all, but I think I speak for both myself and Scribbler when I say we understand. I know for myself that college work and...actual work (?) have kept me busy to the point where I haven't even gotten the chance to write more than one (or even none) post in some of the RP's I signed up for. We're just glad to hear that y'all are still interested. I personally am glad that y'all want to continue, the two of you are some of the better RP'ers I have seen and it would be a shame to lose y'all.

Thanks. I used to RP here a lot more, back in the early days and we had a little group of other awesome RPers. Then most (if not all) of them left the site and I stopped RPing out of despair at the sheer amount of people who don't know how to RP. I was an RPW mod for awhile, but even then it was difficult to do my job because I hated reading all the terrible posts (I know this sounds mean, but seriously, some people just aren't good RPers). Not to mention all the 10-super-short-posts-a-day players that resulted in RPs that were nothing but dialogue.

There's also the fact that at college I played a shitload of Pathfinder with some really good friends and got used to the incredible social dynamics that just aren't the same in internet RPs, and I didn't really want to go back.

Figured a private RP where the GMs actually checked over the applicants, encouraged slower post rates and seem to have an endgame in mind would be worth posting in. Plus, SilverHeart is a Morrowind fanboy so we're automatically friends :)

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

Morrowind - the main reason I know my best friend IRL. Huh: it really is THAT awesome... :P

I know what you mean though fella - for most of the points you made.and yeah, it ain't 'mean' to want to see a higher quality of posting - quite a reasonable request in my opinion!

• Brohoof 3

I think I should apologize for my own inactivity as well. For some reason, I completely missed scribblers reply in my notifications. I just thought that the reply was taking a while today and decided to scroll up... "Well..."

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

So, I'll wait until tomorrow before writing another post. I'm only announcing this to hopefully speed things along.

Or is it still finals for some of you? It just occured to me that's some of you may still be in school. If so I apologize and I'll wait a few more days before attempting to move the RP forward.

Edited by SilverHeart

@@SilverHeart

Not finals for me, I've just found I've actually been making it to the forums less than usual now that the semester is out...  Strangely enough.  Sorry for slow replies on my part, I've only been managing to sit down and check in every 3 or 4 days.  I'm subbed to all of the RP's I'm involved in though, so I am keeping up via emails to my phone, and I'll make sure to try and check in more quickly if anyone ends up waiting on me.

• Brohoof 1