Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

URGENT! US Volcanic Activity!

Celestial Wish

(edited)

Hey guys!

(I don't know if this topic has already surfaced and if so please forgive me, I panicked)

I am just sending out some useful information about recent events. Things go on in the world, and I figured this would be a useful topic for people to see.

I am not trying to start any kind of panic of any sorts. The information below is about Yellowstone's SUPER Volcano located in Wyoming, US.

Share this information. Inform your friends and family. No one should be left out of good info. 

Important note: I AM NOT SAYING THAT THE VOLCANO IS INDEFINITELY GOING TO ERUPT. I AM JUST SPREADING THE WORD AND BEING CAUTIOUS. 

THE MAIN ARTICLE:

http://www.politicalears.com/blog/yellowstone-animals-fleeing-park-supervolcano-eruption-imminent/?utm_content=buffer09c30&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/31/yellowstone-national-park-earthquake_n_5060314.html

^ the link above talks in detail about the 4.8 earthquake.

The video below shows wild life fleeing the park BEFORE the 4.8 earthquake.

Edited by Celestial Wish
  • Brohoof 1

If the super volcano blows half of America is gone, period. No use 'preparing' for something of this magnitude.

I know but rather be safe than sorry? I'd rather people know than be kept in the dark.

• Brohoof 1

I know but rather be safe than sorry? I'd rather people know than be kept in the dark.

True. I swore most people would know though. Super disasters have been huge in the media since 2010ish or so.

True. I swore most people would know though. Super disasters have been huge in the media since 2010ish or so.

You'd be surprised... I've contacted everyone I could from work, my family, and pretty much everyone on my Facebook. The reactions I have received..... shows how clueless people really are. D:

The buffalo video has been debunked, as they are actually running further into the park. And a massive eruption would be preceded by a large dome forming in the ground of yellowstone, as of now no such dome has formed.

The buffalo video has been debunked, as they are actually running further into the park. And a massive eruption would be preceded by a large dome forming in the ground of yellowstone, as of now no such dome has formed.

How do you know the video has been proven wrong? Was the 4.8 earthquake fake as well? Is Godzilla going to come out of the ocean and start stomping? Please, enlighten me on the topic. I've been researching and watching over Yellowstone's activity for years and recent quakes have become aggressive to start even the locals.

If this volcano somehow destroys everything in its path, we're going to have to prepare.

When Yellowstone blows it's going to outright annihilate the quadra-state area and then promptly cover everything west of the Mississippi with enough ash to drown a human being. To say nothing of the global consequences of that much debris blown into the atmosphere. Not trying to be a doomsayer here, just saying you really cannot prepare for something of this magnitude.

When Yellowstone blows it's going to outright annihilate the quadra-state area and then promptly cover everything west of the Mississippi with enough ash to drown a human being. To say nothing of the global consequences of that much debris blown into the atmosphere. Not trying to be a doomsayer here, just saying you really cannot prepare for something of this magnitude.

Well with that being said, I guess we can't prepare for this.

(edited)

How do you know the video has been proven wrong? Was the 4.8 earthquake fake as well? Is Godzilla going to come out of the ocean and start stomping? Please, enlighten me on the topic. I've been researching and watching over Yellowstone's activity for years and recent quakes have become aggressive to start even the locals.

That road leads into the park. And they are running the direction deeper into it. And a caldera has not yet formed in the park, and the national geographic survey says that as it currently stands, it does not appear to be readying for an eruption. Also, godzilla stole yo girl, no need to be mad he got game.

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/observatories/yvo/ , now I'd be more worried that another shooting just happened, and just right as the Democratic Party is proposing more gun control.

Edited by Adjudant Reflex
  • Brohoof 2

That road leads into the park. And they are running the direction deeper into it. And a caldera has not yet formed in the park, and the national geographic survey says that as it currently stands, it does not appear to be readying for an eruption. Also, godzilla stole yo girl, no need to be mad he got game.

I am pretty sure that the video taken of the animals would not have been so easily confused in what direction they were running. Even if you were to completely ignore the wild life VIDEO, the locals and many other signs of danger is present all over the internet and newspapers.

(edited)

Umm... It does sound quite concerning, though I'm not fully convinced just yet. Sadly, it's one of those things you have to get REALLY close to disaster to confirm.

However... the first article seems to have a slant. Most academic articles are unlikely to be written over a serious-faced topic then push a specific buyable solution with convenient links in three different places spread out through the article for coverage. I personally would take that particular source with a ton of salt, as it seems to be taking a sensationalist approach.

Second article:

"Fortunately, there was no indication that the recent seismic activity signaled an impending eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera, scientists said."

...And something about it receiving similar activity in 1980, which is actually quite recent given the lifespan of the volcano.

Either way... I've been hearing this kind of stuff from my dad for years now; different disaster situations.

He's talked of a lot: for example, the oil fields underneath the US going up in flame (or just quietly burning) starting from some of the botched oil activity near the Gulf of Mexico (and essentially cooking the whole of North America from underground as it spreads).

Plagues regarding certain strains kicking about, or modified via science.

Nuclear warfare kicking off and throwing enough radiation into the atmosphere to kill like, 90% of nearby nations (or just global population) or something.

Also, economic collapse on both a US and global level; had to do with bad policies and all the debt/loans/policies between foreign powers.

He's often had information to back up that these are actual possibilities.

Suffice to say, there's a lot of reasons to be afraid, because there are a lot of possibilities. However, it's not always as given towards collapse and disaster as it may seem.  :)

Heck, in Biology, I learned there actually was a working cure for cancer that was scrapped because it theoretically could mutate into a new black plague of sorts, or something to that effect. --And the patent was fairly recently bought by some foreign nation, or something.

Also, North Korea is also supposedly experimenting with DNA-altered humans, so they artificially retain information better due to altered brain chemistry/synaptic connection degradation.

Edited by SFyr

I am pretty sure that the video taken of the animals would not have been so easily confused in what direction they were running. Even if you were to completely ignore the wild life VIDEO, the locals and many other signs of danger is present all over the internet and newspapers.

The video can very easily be confused. Remember, these people are from the same country were most of them do not know the earth is round. And if the wildlife is fleeing, and a major eruption is soon to happen, unless you have a couple years worth of food and water already stored, there is 0 you can do to increase your chances of survival.

Umm... It does sound quite concerning, though I'm not fully convinced just yet. Sadly, it's one of those things you have to get REALLY close to disaster to confirm.

However... the first article seems to have a slant. Most academic articles are unlikely to be written over a serious-faced topic then push a specific buyable solution with convenient links in three different places spread out through the article for coverage. I personally would take that particular source with a ton of salt, as it seems to be taking a sensationalist approach.

Second article:

"Fortunately, there was no indication that the recent seismic activity signaled an impending eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera, scientists said.[/size]"

And something about it receiving something similar in 1980, which is actually quite recent given the lifespan of the volcano.

Either way... I've been hearing this kind of stuff from my dad for years now; different disaster situations.

He's talked of a lot: for example, the oil fields underneath the US going up in flame (or just quietly burning) starting from some of the botched oil activity near the Gulf of Mexico (and essentially cooking the whole of North America from underground as it spreads).

Nuclear warfare kicking off and throwing enough radiation into the atmosphere to kill like, 90% of nearby nations (or just global population) or something.

Also, economic collapse on both a US and global level.

Suffice to say, there's a lot of reasons to be afraid, because there are a lot of possibilities. However, it's not always as given towards collapse and disaster as it may seem.  :)

Heck, in Biology, I learned there actually was a working cure for cancer that was scrapped because it theoretically could mutate into a new black plague of sorts, or something to that effect. --And the patent was fairly recently bought by some foreign nation, or something.

Also, North Korea is also supposedly experimenting with DNA-altered humans, so they artificially retain information better due to altered brain chemistry/synaptic connection degradation.

Also, don't forget about the Ebola outbreak in canada. So far they have 3 people who have the virus.

WAIT WHAT?! :blink:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :huh:

Okay, now you're freaking me out!!! :o

Will this reach Ohio?! :umad:

Is this real?! :okiedokielokie:

ARE WE GOING TO DIE?!?!?!?!?!?!? :(

Sorry, I panic easily. Will this be the end of the U.S.?! This is freaking me out, I'm really concerned now. :o

My parents don't tell me this kind of stuff cause they don't think I'm 'mature' enough to know. I'm 13. >_>

dramatic_rarity_by_mezkalito4p-d4d68u8.g

Important note: I AM NOT SAYING THAT THE VOLCANO IS INDEFINITELY GOING TO ERUPT. I AM JUST SPREADING THE WORD AND BEING CAUTIOUS. 

Like I said before, I am not stating it is going to erupt. I'm stating, BE CAUTIOUS. It doesn't hurt to inform people of a possible national disaster.

Second article:

"Fortunately, there was no indication that the recent seismic activity signaled an impending eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera, scientists said."

...And something about it receiving similar activity in 1980, which is actually quite recent given the lifespan of the volcano.

Also, economic collapse on both a US and global level; had to do with bad policies and all the debt/loans/policies between foreign powers.

It's nice to have a positive thinker, and I'm not trying to sound pessimistic. I am only trying to spread the word since in the passed 3 hours I've been shocked to see how many people seriously don't know what is going on these days.

The video can very easily be confused. Remember, these people are from the same country were most of them do not know the earth is round. And if the wildlife is fleeing, and a major eruption is soon to happen, unless you have a couple years worth of food and water already stored, there is 0 you can do to increase your chances of survival.

Also, don't forget about the Ebola outbreak in canada. So far they have 3 people who have the virus.

Better to try than die, and be safe than sorry.

Sorry, I panic easily. Will this be the end of the U.S.?! This is freaking me out, I'm really concerned now. :o

My parents don't tell me this kind of stuff cause they don't think I'm 'mature' enough to know. I'm 13. >_>

While you may not be instantly killed by the ash cloud. The amount of ash that will be put out will cloud the skys enough to stunt the growth of most food crops. combine that with a massive population like the us has, and you have a very dark country that is very very hungry. So tl;dr either you will die due to lung failure from inhaling ash, or die in a FEMA camp.

Seriously, the rarity gif made me laugh but I can't state no or yes. I'm simply warning everyone. 

While you may not be instantly killed by the ash cloud. The amount of ash that will be put out will cloud the skys enough to stunt the growth of most food crops. combine that with a massive population like the us has, and you have a very dark country that is very very hungry. So tl;dr either you will die due to lung failure from inhaling ash, or die in a FEMA camp.

Not only that, but there will be a Volcanic Winter.

Interesting information from USGS.

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/observatories/yvo/

• Brohoof 1

Seriously, the rarity gif made me laugh but I can't state no or yes. I'm simply warning everyone. 

Not only that, but there will be a Volcanic Winter.

If he lives long enough to experience it that is. Most government agencies predict a 40% casualty rate in the first couple of weeks. If he by some mirical survives that, then he can die to the volcanic winter. But that is after the massive panic. The riots. The looters. Then the immediate loss of food supply.

Also, just because some bow-tie executive says "no" to a possible eruption, how do we not know that the higher-ups aren't demanding them to stick to the NEED TO KNOW basis. Of course they don't want wide-spread panic so of course they're going to make sure information is disclosed and hush-hushed. 

Still can't find a peer-reviewed paper that proves anything conclusive about an impending eruption. As a matter of fact, most of the information I found states that the caldera of the volcano has collapsed and shrunk over the last few years. Earthquakes happen, and a 4.8 is known by locals as "the air conditioning turning on." So I'm not really concerned.