Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

URGENT! US Volcanic Activity!

Celestial Wish

I think some people don't understand, if Yellowstone erupts it effects the whole world. The ashes and dust will cover the earth killing pretty much everything, we might come close to extinction. So it's good to know.

Like I said before; This has a very low chance of actually happening; 

The reason that everyone is freaking out about something that probably won't happen is because our brains know that there is a chance of it happening no matter how small. (I'm going to stop right there, I don't want to lecture you on fear)

Or it could be tomorrow, ya never know, all we can do is enjoy everyday we live and hope that is is not our last.

YOEOTEFASSOT!!! *Bungee jumps off cliff*

I also found something that seems rather interesting regarding gun rights during natural disasters in Nebraska as well.

""Senator Christensen is pushing for a vote on Legislative Bill 390 which would prevent governors from limiting the sale or transportation of firearms after a natural disaster, in an attempt to allow the citizens of Nebraska the right to protect their own property.

As obvious as the notion of defending your home in the wake of a disaster sounds to people, this bill came about because of a reprehensible move made by the New Orleans Police Department after Hurricane Katrina.   When the hurricane left and clean up began, the NOPD confiscated an exorbitantly large number of guns.  Police officers claim that the guns were either stolen or found in abandoned properties, however there have been assertions made that the police department was trying to disarm its citizens.  Natural disasters are a part of life, unfortunately they also tend to bring out the worst characteristics in human beings.  Certain people will think noting of breaking into another person’s home or business, helping themselves to what ever is around.  The last thing that an innocent person needs is to face someone with an impaired sense of right-and-wrong unarmed.

Senator Christensen understands that fear, that is why he has worked with the National Rifle Association (NRA) to introduce and help pass LB 390.  If passed, this bill will prevent Nebraskans from ever having to know the fear of staring down a morally-impaired looter unarmed.  Nebraska is not the first state to introduce this kind of legislation.  The NRA has worked with 34 different legislatures to pass similar laws.  Presently, emergency powers laws are pending in Colorado, Iowa, Massachusetts and Washington.

The bill was first introduced in January of 2013.  The original bill would have banned officials from confiscating handguns and ammunition.  However the proposal was ridiculed by Senator Ernie Chambers (I-Omaha), on the grounds that Nebraska should also confiscate knives, hammers, steel-toed boots and other tools that could be used as weapons.  LB 390 was sent to the Judiciary Committee with an amendment to it.  Fortunately the bill was carried over the 2014 legislative session and became a priority bill of Senator Christensen.  Presently the bill is pending.""

So, why would they just randomly bring up such a bill, now don't get me wrong, this is ACTUALLY a good bill, but out of all the times to bring this up..why now? What do the mean by "natural disasters" Do they mean something small such as a tornado, flood etc, OR are they referring to something much bigger, such as on a global scale bigger?

Not trying to be a tin foil hat wearing lunatic, just seems a bit odd that they just HAPPEN to bring that up with the recent earth quakes in Yellowstone, just a bit of food for thought.

Source: http://universalfreepress.com/nebraska-senator-pushing-for-emergency-powers-gun-bill/

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :o

My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony

At the end of the article.

Fortunately, there was no indication that the recent seismic activity signaled an impending eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera, scientists said.

Researchers with the observatory have said in the past that catastrophic eruptions by the super-volcano are unlikely for tens of thousands of years, though less extreme lava releases could occur within thousands of years.

The super-volcano's most cataclysmic eruption occurred 2 million years ago, covering half of North America with ash and killing prehistoric animals as far as away as modern-day Nebraska, according to the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory.

Heat from a vast chamber of molten rock beneath the caldera fuels the park's famous geothermal features, including Old Faithful Geyser, Yellowstone scientists say. (Reporting by Laura Zuckerman; Editing by Steve Gorman and Sandra Maler)

We'e in no imminent danger from Yellowstone park, it'll erupt long after we're dead and gone.

• Brohoof 1

@@Celestial Wish

People don't need to know it yet because the possbility of it making another "2012 end of the world" thing is likely, I do NOT want people all over the internet going "AHHH THE SUPER VULCANO GUNNA EXPLODE THE WORLD IS GONNA END A[WUI[bFAUWBFUA LETS PRAY TO GOD IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AUF9ABFAUWB" 

No offense to christians btw that's just an example

Sigh, I knew there was going to be another "End of the world thing coming". After 2012 happened, I was like "whew, thats over with" and then I realized, someone is going to make another "End of the world" junk. It may or may not happen. Then again, we have possibilities of everything. Lol. 

Well if Yellowstone blows the US is screwed! If this does happen which I hope it won't from what I've read it will poison the water supply of the US and that will flow into the ocean poisoning that water basically ending the world and if it doesn't end the world the US will be left as a wasteland and unfortunately not the fallout kind because at least that wasteland has some life in it this would only leave ash, dust, fire, magma, and death.

Gosh. Some people are overreacting. If it DOES errupt, it won't be the end of the world. It certainly may be the end of a few states though.

Technically, the only way to prepare for this would be to move away, but then how dumb would it feel to move just to hear that the volcano isn't going to errupt afterall.

• Brohoof 1