Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poll: Could Twilight go one week without using any magic?

Singe

59 users have voted

1. 1. Can Twilight handle going one week without using any magic?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not unless it's a Pinkie Promise

I voted yes, mostly for the fact that it would probably be due to her studies (like maybe Celestia would give her a test to see how well she does without it for a week)... although it definitely wouldn't be easy for her. As others have said, this would make a good episode possibly! :)

I do believe that Twilight Sparkle could do this. I mean, yeah, she uses magic, I'm pretty sure it makes everything easier for her and conveniency and all of that. But I am certain that Twilight Sparkle would have the will to not use magic for one week, I mean, I'm sure it gets easier after the first day. 

SHE IS AN ALICORN NOW and has lived without a horn for like a day. Besides, she'll still have her wings.

But her ability to wing it (no pun intended) succccccks. A baby Pegasi (Pound Cake) flies better than the alicorn princess.

I wonder if there are any laws in Equestria that will jail me for saying that.

But her ability to wing it (no pun intended) succccccks. A baby Pegasi (Pound Cake) flies better than the alicorn princess.

I wonder if there are any laws in Equestria that will jail me for saying that.

My point is that if she just had her wings she would focus more in flying than using her magic and that means she can practice daily.

My point is that if she just had her wings she would focus more in flying than using her magic and that means she can practice daily.

Flying doesn't help with eating, cooking, moving books, opening a door, or even putting on a bag. In fact I think putting on a bag would be way harder without magic. It'd be hilarious to see though.

Flying doesn't help with eating, cooking, moving books, opening a door, or even putting on a bag. In fact I think putting on a bag would be way harder without magic. It'd be hilarious to see though.

You make a valid point there. Twilight has lived her whole life using magic so doing all of those things like she doesn't normally do would be much harder. Oh well, I'm sure Dash would be happy to help her get used to doing things with her hooves. xD

You make a valid point there. Twilight has lived her whole life using magic so doing all of those things like she doesn't normally do would be much harder. Oh well, I'm sure Dash would be happy to help her get used to doing things with her hooves. xD

AJ and Pinkie would be better teachers for that, imo.

Um, considering that she seems to often forget that she can perform magic, I'm gonna say, yes, she can go a week without it.  Think about it.  How many times does something happen, some calamity that could instantly be averted with levitation magic, yet she just stands there and watches.  Lol, I'm not picking on her, I just think it's funny to analyze.

I don't see why Twilight couldn't manage without magic for one week. She could probably manage without it even for a month. It's unlikely that she will manage without it for six months or more.

I am fairly sure she could do it, all unicorns can. After all, how else could they survive when they are young, before they know how to use magic well?

A week? I think she could out of force of will if she was determined enough, but I think its something she would struggle with it.

Any period of time longer than that, i think she'd give in.

Remember Winter Wrap up? That was ONE DAY.  Her task was simple, help wrap up winter without using magic. She didn't know what to do with herself. She wasn't even outright banned from using all magic, she could still use her levitation magic to hold her checklist and quill.

If she were to go longer than a week, she'd likely suffer an identity crisis of some sort.

Edited by crazitaco

Debatable, which we are doing right now :lol: .

Hard to say to be honest though. I think we'd see a relapse of crazy Twilight after the first few days of her trying. I think she would be able to do it, but she would also probably be on the brink of insanity.

Twilight_Sparkle_Crazy_S2E3.png

Here's how I see it. Unless she was physically unable to do magic, she couldn't last a week. I'm not trying to put her down, but mind, once in a routine, is stuck. If she opened the fridge, she would most likely levitate a carton of juice out just from habit.

I agree with this.