Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old do you have to be to become a brony?

14griffin

Welp, sorry guys, I'm not a brony by this thread's standards. .-.

Personally, I would say it's 16-ish. I know that a majority of bronies under 16 are really immature and often unpleasant to be around, but what about people like myself, @@Stellafera and @@Clarity?

I guess there's just not enough intelligent people under 16 to be classified as "mature".

• Brohoof 2

It's all a gradiented graph based on age and gender that determines the individual threshold on being a "brony" rather than just liking the show. Older watchers, and more particularly males, probably only have to watch the show to call themself a brony, whereas I'd say an eight year old girl would have to watch the show and also interact with older brony culture to step up to being a "brony" - recognising background characters, or watching the PONY.MOV series fan episodes or PMVs and stuff.

I say that there's no line or cut-off, and it's really about taking a step past society's "expected" interaction that that individual should have with the show.

Not really..... I mean im almost 21... And I know bronies who are in their 50s...  I will probably always be a brony... eventually ill have to simply but in into a box and forget about it... but I think ill always consider myself one.

• Brohoof 1

For me, I always view the age cut off as 13. IIRC, the target age group for the show is supposed to be 4-12, with family in mind. I view as anybody who watches the show 13+ as entering the Brony age group ice the have left the target age group.

If you want to be called a brony at a young age, For me thats fine. I dont personaly think there is a age limit. Just because someone is at the target audiance doesnt mean they are not calling themself one. Well thats what I think

Age isn't a factor, any more than gender, orientation, skin color, political beliefs, favorite day of the week, preferred music genre or preferred underwear type are factors :P If you've watched any amount of the show, or have a genuine interest in somehow participating with the fanbase, or both, then you're a brony. End of story.

• Brohoof 1

There is no age cutoff. Think about it, it's a show which was originally intended for children, became a hit with teens to adults, and some bronies are probably parents themselves. It's a show for all ages. Any fan of the show is free to call themselves a brony regardless of age.

Edited by Guest

brony are teenagers or adults  meaning to be a brony you need to be 13+ and have a like in mlp that how the first system work now everyone has there own but thats the one that i think everyone should follow mlp is for 6+ so you need to be double the age to start being a brony after that there are no cut off so dont say 15+ to me bronys start at teenagers and 13 is the starting point to be a brony so yeah the 16 stuff ticks me off as im 13 so you saying to me that im not a brony oh the nerve i can see you didnt try to offend me but when someone tells me im not a brony they know what coming a lot of SHOUTING!

edit: i dont mind what age you are as long as your a brony but the first bronys said that you have to 13+ so just puting that out there

Edited by carrick sparkle

• 3 months later...

I personally interpret the word 'brony' as referring to a person significantly removed from the target demographic. I think anyone under the age of 12 is a fan, people aged 12-14 are in a grey area, and by 15 the term brony truly applies. There is no age requirement for enjoying the show, but in my opinion, the term brony (or pegasister) describes someone for whom it would be unusual to enjoy My Little Pony.

There is a rigorous set of requirements to be a brony. I shall list them now.

1. Do you watch the show?

2. Do you like the show?

3. Are you now or have you ever been alive?

4. Are you willing to hang out with other fans of the show in any forum or way?

If you answer yes to all 4 of these questions, congratulations you are a brony.

Edited by Macklin

You know what really funny? There are almost no brony's in Russia who younger than 18 years old. We also have a tiny amount of kids 7-13 years ( target audience) who watching MLP in terrible localisation, we not call them "brony's" we call them "pixie's". Theoretically every pixie one day can turn brony.

Edited by zev_zev

There's no minimum age to be a brony. But I think girls can't be considered "pegasisters" (if they prefer to be called that - I know some girls call themselves "bronies" too) until they're about 13 or so, a few years past the show's intended female age group. But that's just my opinion, and if anyone disagrees that's fine with me.

• 1 month later...

As long as you understand what the hell you're watching, anybody can be a brony/pegasister. While a majority of bronies are adults, that doesn't necessarily mean you HAVE to be an adult. I mean I'm 13 and I'm a brony.

As long as you like the show and as said out of the target audience you can be a pegasister/Brony., or heck maybe just being a fan of the show can label you one idk it makes my head hurt I think of myself as a brony because I'm a fan not of age groupings..

In the end it is a label and just that instead of worrying what you are if anything you could just call yourself a simpler Name.

" A Fan. "

~Dashes Off.~