Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old do you have to be to become a brony?

14griffin

Hello there! And welcome to our fourms!

I hope you have a wonderful stay, and that you get to meet everypony!

Oh, and no, you do not indeed need to be an adult to be a brony. There are many bronies and pegasisters here who are still teenagers. (One of the youngest I have met on here is one of my sisters who is 13 if that helps)

I guess to be a brony you must be older than what the shows aimed age group is, and that is 0-12...I think, but that's what I was told.

Most people say you'd have to be 18 or older to be a brony. But I, and a lot of others think different.

It doesn't matter what age, or gender you are. As long as not only do you like MLP, but if you're wiling to join the community too. Then you are a brony in my book!

Edited by RippedOffMattress
  • Brohoof 5

I echo the thought expressed already, my understanding was anyone older than 13 who likes the show. Those within the target demo...I dunno, guess they are just "fans" or "cool kids" or something.

• Brohoof 1

Like cuteycindyhoney, I thought this thread was going to propose some sort of major turning point in history where bronies would impact cultural and society in a significant manner. I was clearly mistaken.

To the best of my understanding, there is no age requirement to be a brony. The term "brony" originally referred to fans, usually male, who were outside of the target demographic. That definition still applies, but I think it can be extended to younger viewers who might actually be within the intended audience.

• Brohoof 1

a brony is anyone who watches FiM who is outside of the target audiance

This is what i've heard to, though never found the target audience age group sadly. I think though if you go by how people see you on the internet, if you have ANYTHING to do with MLP:FiM you'll be labeled as a brony.

• Brohoof 1

according to most definitions, a brony is anyone who watches MLP and/or participates i it's fandom that is outside of it's target demographic.

Being a teenager is not an adult, but still outside of MLP's target demographic.

So, no you don't have to be an adult to be a brony.

I think that you have to be a male to be a brony, regardless of age. Since the phrase refers to an underground movement on the internet of people who like the show and are completely outside of its demographic. Males, young and old, are NOT expected to be part of its demographic.

Yes, I know, there are those who think it is gender neutral. To me, such makes little sense. But to each their own.

There is no limit to age, nor gender, from what some fandoms think. Though people may think that it only pertains to males, many people have debated over the name Pegasisters, but in the end decided that the name Brony should be unisex. Well, of course, that is for some fandoms, which I agree to. Also, there have already been plenty of people of different ages that declared themselves bronies, which puts no age limit.

Like cuteycindyhoney, I thought this thread was going to propose some sort of major turning point in history where bronies would impact cultural and society in a significant manner. I was clearly mistaken.

To the best of my understanding, there is no age requirement to be a brony. The term "brony" originally referred to fans, usually male, who were outside of the target demographic. That definition still applies, but I think it can be extended to younger viewers who might actually be within the intended audience.

The song I posted fits very well, I thought.

;)

• 1 month later...

Hi everypony! How old do I have to be to declare myself a Brony? Becouse I'm 14 years old and I'm VERY obssessed with MLP, but I don't know, am I too young to be a Brony.

A brony is someone who watches and/or participates in the fandom of MLP that is outside of it's original target demographic.

I'm rather sure that 14 year olds are outside of the original target demographic.

So yes, you are a brony.

37 years old with about 5 months, 17 days, 11 hours, 13 minutes and 7 seconds.

Only then may you be classified as a brony. :mellow:

I'm just goofing, I'm guessing that any age over the recommended seven year old age would classify you as a brony but I'd say that you have to be about ten years old to understand the fandom/the shows effect on the older audience properly. Basically, you're a brony as long as you are over the recommended age, in my eyes of course since I'm sure people have different ideas on brony classification.

Edited by Gingerpotato
  • Brohoof 2

im 15 and i am a brony so i guess your in the green!

37 years old with about 5 months, 17 days, 11 hours, 13 minutes and 7 seconds.

Only then may you be classified as a brony. :mellow:

I'm just goofing, I'm guessing that any age over the recommended seven year old age would classify you as a brony but I'd say that you have to be about ten years old to understand the fandom/the shows effect on the older audience properly. Basically, you're a brony as long as you are over the recommended age, in my eyes of course since I'm sure people have different idea on brony classification.

Nnnope!

im 15 and i am a brony so i guess your in the green!

Nnnope!

EEEYUP