Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Do you have any headcanons/theories?

Odyssey

Since the Hearthbreakers episode, I now have a new head canon about the Apple family and the Pie family.

Deep on the inside, they are connected to one thing besides the magic of friendship: Both families have a history of fighting vampire ponies.  They're both well-known for taking on the evil count DraColtula, a vampire pony who long ago utilized the power of Nightmare Moon after losing his beloved.  Celestia intended on taking on DraColtula.  But it was an ancestor of both the Apple and Pie families that defeated DraColtula and sealed him away.  But ever one hundred years, DraColtula breaks free and begins to wreck havok across Equestria again, resulting in the Apple, Pie or both Families to combat DraColtula.

Not only is Shining Armor one of the most powerful Captains Celestia has ever had, he rose through the ranks at an extraordinary rate and was in fact the youngest Captain of the Guard that Celestia has had in centuries.

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1

Princess Twilight Sparkle and Princess Cadance won't outlive the Mane 6 or Shining Armor just because they're Alicorns. They started out as a Unicorn and Pegasus, respectively. After extraordinary circumstances, they became Alicorns, where Twilight gained Pegasus wings and Cadance gained an Unicorn horn. Despite this accession, they are not given eternal life.

Princess Celestia and Luna, despite being natural born Alicorns, are also NOT immortal. They just have a much longer lifespan than all the other ponies.

• Brohoof 2

Sunset Shimmer as the element of forgiveness.

The only thing I have against that headcanon, is that The Elements of Harmony are embodiments of said elements, meaning they act them out. For Sunset to be the element of forgiveness, she would have to be the one forgiving other ponies.

Then again, I haven't seen 'Friendship Games' yet, and I want no spoilers, so even if I'm right or even if I'm not, don't tell me. I wanna remain as spoiler-free as possible.

Much like comics in real life, the Power Ponies we saw in the comics are but one version of the characters, specifically an older version. The current Power Ponies and their secret identities are as follows: Masked Matterhorn is a Unicorn stallion named Brick, Fillisecond is an Earth Pony mare named Rimshot, Radiance is a Unicorn Stallion named Jade, Saddle Rager is a Pegasus mare named Leaflette, Zapp is a Pegasus stallion named Bolt Racer, and Mistress Marevelous is an Earth Pony mare named Runway.

• Brohoof 1

Before Celestia and Luna moved the sun and moon, the world was mostly wasteland. The south half of the world was burning waste, home of the mighty dragons. The notth half was frozen solid, and the windigos lived there. There was a narrow, life filled strip in between them. Moving the sun land moon was conceptualized by an earth pony farmer who was upset by the lack of fertile land. The northern parts of the world are still frozen, hence the "frozen north".

• 2 weeks later...

CAUTION: ME NO ENGLISH RIGHT but don't judge on grammar

1- celestia is evil and I seen  the evidence pops up every where like where the guards when queen chrysalis attack and who saved celestia in the first episode

2- I think its like chess an unknown character is attempting to stop celestia but keeps making her look like the good guy

Dragon eggs, in the absence of their parents, are literally incapable of hatching outside of the presence of magic. They're also ageless, meaning they won't "Die", but just sit there as eggs until hatched or destroyed.

So in the case of a dragon egg being abandoned or lost, it will never hatch unless a powerful unicorn uses their magic to hatch it. Holder's boulder is an unhatched Dragon egg, and will never hatch unless a unicorn uses their magic upon it. Also, Spike's egg was actually incredibly old before it was hatched by Twilight, and came from a time in the past where Unicorns would take on "orphaned" dragon eggs from the dragons to hatch for them before relationships between the dragons and ponies broke down to dragon's general belligerence.

Additional to this headcanon, dragons used to have a decently civilized society in the past, but a general breakdown of their society due to their increasing belligerence caused them to descend into being the tribalist nomadic barbarians of current day, with spike's egg being from back in the time of "civilized" dragons.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

Shining Armor got engaged to Cadence on the same day he got promoted to Captain of the guard. In fact, he proposed right at the ceremony, in front of everypony present, including the princesses.

Well the last time we've seen the CMC together was the Pinkie Pie episode and the Scare Master episode. And then after that, they were going to help others find their destinies, but they end up being disbanded due to their Cutie Marks now. I don't let the past go, EV-ER! That was my opinion or my speculation or theory! Come to my opinion, I'm JUST gonna pretend the Crusaders of the Lost Mark episode was just a dream!

But the question is: Will we ever see the CMC ever again?

Edited by MAIKUN

Pinkie Pie is albino and her and Marble are fraternal twins. While ponies can't have albinos or be truly white in the real world  because of diseases like LWS and because white ponies/horses aren't determined by recessive genes in the mlp world this is more than likely not the case, they probably for the most part cured LWS and unlike ponies in the real world mlp ponies more than likely can have Albino foals just like they can do other things that would kill or harm a pony in the real world like eating flowers. Fluttershy and Caramel are both DMAB Trans girls that's why Caramel goes from looking traditionally male to androgynous all to way to being female because she was transitioning, this is also why Flutters has a vastly different body type compared to other foals her age because she was still transitioning. Pinkie's family are part dragon and Pinky Pie from G3 is Pinkie's granny pie,Surprise is somehow also related to Pinkie but I'm unsure of how at the moment. Pinky Pie and Minty had Pinkie's mother Cloudy through magic and she gets most of her look from Minty but her eyes are directly inherited from Pinky. When Cloudy gave birth to Pinkie and Marble, her and Ingenous wondered what they were going to name Pinkie, at first they wanted to call her Rose Quartz but decided against it in favor of Pinkamena Diamond,Pink being after her grandmother who she inherited her looks from ,and finally they decided to name her Pinkamena Diane Pie. When Pinkie was little, her and the rest of her sister would spend a few nights with their Nana Pinky and her Granny Minty,on one of these nights Pinkie had a nightmare that was bad enough it caused her to wake up crying,Pinky heard the commotion and woke up and went to Pinkie's room, Pinkie told her what happened and Nana Pinky told Pinkie that she shouldn't be scared and that its best to laugh at the things that scare you or "giggle at the ghostly". Fluttershy's parents Posey and Sunburst died when she was little,Sunburst died saving some ponies and Posey died of a illness when Fluttershy was only 5 years old,ponies regularly bullying her at the time didn't help things luckily she had Rainbow for support during that time . 

Wow, I just realized a majority of my head canon is related to Pinkie Pie.

Edited by CookieK

I believe that the princess mentioned in Hearts and Hooves Day was the former ruler of the Crystal Empire and because of the love poison she and the prince were unable to perform their royal duties, which ended up with King Sombra taking over the Empire.  (I don't believe that the comics are canon.)

tumblr_m3u8baYKIJ1r2u5co.png

• Brohoof 2

I have so many different theories about AJ's parents it's unreal.

I guess that they've been referenced enough for me to feel the need for some closure on the subject.

I have a theory that the events of the COLTM episode was just a dream...Just saying it was a theory.

So did they just earn their cutie marks another way than what was shown? Or are Hearthbreakers and The One Where Pinkie Knows also just a dream?

Yeah, let's go declare half a season a dream. Worked for Married with Children, too.

Anyhow, I've got headcanon aplenty. Want some?

Sparkler (Amethyst Star) has three siblings: her little sister Dinky (canon), Dinky's twin sister Tootsie Flute and her big brother Written Script. It's established canon that Written Script and Carrot Top are a couple, that Noi is Carrot Top's little sister, and that Dinky and Noi are friends. And no, Derpy isn't Dinky's mother. That'd make her too old for the Best Young Flyer Competition because she'd have to be Written Script's mother.

Speaking of family, Vinyl Scratch has two brothers: her big brother Long Play (as seen in "Neigh Anything" and confirmed by Katie Cook) and her little brother Neon Lights.

Florina is Apple Brown Betty's daughter — and not seldomly feels embarrassed about her mother.

Lyra is a multi-instrumentalist, at times something like Equestria's Mike Oldfield. Octavia is obviously one, too, seeing as she owns a pipe organ.

Seafoam got her cutie mark on a Southern Alicornian beach, but while her destiny has to do with swimming, she's multi-talented. For example, she's a good enough actress to have convincingly slipped herself into Canterlot's high society. Around the opera scene in "Sweet and Elite", Rarity asked her for advice on how to pull that off (remember when the two shared a lodge?). She knows and can apply the Walk on Clouds spell.

Have some of my headcanons as well!

-Applejack´s parents are dead or havent been seen for a long time.

-Firefly is the mother of Rainbow Dash.

-Celestia and Luna's parents were both alicorns, both with rather great powers.

-Discord and Celestia used to have something between them, but that changed when he started creating chaos.

-Rainbow Factory used to be a real thing in old Equestria, withouth RD and Scoots tho, but Celestia found out and closed down the old facility.

-AJ and RD are more than friends in my eyes.

Whoa, Im waaay to into my headcanons.

Thinking about the events in episode 23, the Cutie Mark Chronicles.  Twilight hatching Spike implies that dragons can pick the exact time their eggs hatch.  If astrology works at all, they can pick the most favorable times.

Or, is the time the egg was laid more significant for dragons?

Thinking about the events in episode 23, the Cutie Mark Chronicles.  Twilight hatching Spike implies that dragons can pick the exact time their eggs hatch.  If astrology works at all, they can pick the most favorable times.

Or, is the time the egg was laid more significant for dragons?

I beleive it's the energy put into the egg that allows it to hatch. In the wild, dragons hatch their eggs with their fire, which has magical properties. Unicorn magic can serve this purpose as well.

Did Chrysalis Bring back the crystal empire?

Think about it she tried to disguise herself as the one princess that was sent too rule it, she didn't seem to want to fight Celestia and didn't even think she could win, she only attacked Canterlot when she was discovered and if she was sent to the Crystal Empire she would be in possession of the greatest source of love in Equestria which will give her a lot of power and feed her subjects (which are starving at this point BTW) 

I mean the Crystal Empire seemed to return without warning and even Celestia looked surprised suggesting it wasn't banished for a certain amount of time!!! 

the greatest concentration of love manifests physically as crystal.

Hence the crystal empire, the crystal heart, crystal in the main castle, the entire twilight castle being made of crystal, and the tree of harmony being crystal, and the elements of harmony being crystal.

Edited by Chronamut