Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pony Have as much fun at Babscon as I did?

Diva Pony

I had an amazing time and am totally looking forward to next year. Planning to have a few more ponysuits to show off.

There weren't too many ponysuiters, at least not that I saw. Regardless, awesome job on yours. Probably my favorite, I'd have to say.

:)

• Brohoof 1

There weren't too many ponysuiters, at least not that I saw. Regardless, awesome job on yours. Probably my favorite, I'd have to say.

Glad you liked it. I'm already planning to have a Twilight done for next year.

• Brohoof 1

Although there weren't that many ponysuiters, I loved every single one of them but especially Golden Gates.  Honestly, the whole fursuit thing weirded me out for the longest time (I still don't judge people for doing it, I just thought it was weird) but after seeing the energy and enthusiasm that Golden Gates brought to the con I think it enhanced the whole experience.  The guy in the suit was literally everywhere brohoofing people, posing for pics, and generating mad hype.  Great mascot and best pony.

Although there weren't that many ponysuiters, I loved every single one of them but especially Golden Gates.  Honestly, the whole fursuit thing weirded me out for the longest time (I still don't judge people for doing it, I just thought it was weird) but after seeing the energy and enthusiasm that Golden Gates brought to the con I think it enhanced the whole experience.  The guy in the suit was literally everywhere brohoofing people, posing for pics, and generating mad hype.  Great mascot and best pony.

I agree. I like the OC/custom ponysuits. It's always cool to see people putting in all that effort into a suit for a character of their own personal creation.

Mad hype generation helps too.

I recently sent a message to the convention chair and I never got a reply concerning my issue I had with the convention badge tiers. Now that it is May, I am sure that there is little more I can do to get their attention. At least, I am not aware of how to contact anyone of importance in their organization. If there is anything anyone here can do to help me, I would appreciate it but I am not very good at this sort of thing. I just can't let this issue go. If I don't get any sort of response, I don't think I'll feel comfortable going to this convention next year. I don't want to hear anymore excuses. It's just unfair.

I recently sent a message to the convention chair and I never got a reply concerning my issue I had with the convention badge tiers. Now that it is May, I am sure that there is little more I can do to get their attention. At least, I am not aware of how to contact anyone of importance in their organization. If there is anything anyone here can do to help me, I would appreciate it but I am not very good at this sort of thing. I just can't let this issue go. If I don't get any sort of response, I don't think I'll feel comfortable going to this convention next year. I don't want to hear anymore excuses. It's just unfair.

Have you heard back from them yet?

Have you heard back from them yet?

No. I never got anything back from them. They aren't going to contact me or do anything to make things right. I no longer like those people for not even taking the time to apologize. They don't care at all and they know that they've gotten away with what they've done. Not only am I not going to their stupid con next year, I'm boycotting it and I'm going to spread this knowledge to everyone I know and I'm going to ask my friend that knows nearly every brony in southern California to spread knowledge of what they did to every site he is on and I'm going to reach a lot of people. If they had apologized then I could have gotten over it but I'm going to do whatever I can to crush them by spreading word of their cruel and despicable nature. Maybe I can even report them to the better business bureau.

No. I never got anything back from them. They aren't going to contact me or do anything to make things right. I no longer like those people for not even taking the time to apologize. They don't care at all and they know that they've gotten away with what they've done. Not only am I not going to their stupid con next year, I'm boycotting it and I'm going to spread this knowledge to everyone I know and I'm going to ask my friend that knows nearly every brony in southern California to spread knowledge of what they did to every site he is on and I'm going to reach a lot of people. If they had apologized then I could have gotten over it but I'm going to do whatever I can to crush them by spreading word of their cruel and despicable nature. Maybe I can even report them to the better business bureau.

Dude, calm down.  In case you hadn't heard, they're kind of going through a lot of drama at the moment, what with the Final Draft incident, the girl having that creepo ask her back to his room, and now apparently Obsidian Winter has gone nuts and accused them of every single kind of crime she can think of.

They'll get around to you when they can.  They aren't trying to con you, or rob you.  I get that you're frustrated, but seriously, calm down man, like you said, at the most, you lost 70-80 dollars, which when compared to how awesome the convention was, doesn't seem like a big loss to me.

• Brohoof 1

Dude, calm down.  In case you hadn't heard, they're kind of going through a lot of drama at the moment, what with the Final Draft incident, the girl having that creepo ask her back to his room, and now apparently Obsidian Winter has gone nuts and accused them of every single kind of crime she can think of.

They'll get around to you when they can.  They aren't trying to con you, or rob you.  I get that you're frustrated, but seriously, calm down man, like you said, at the most, you lost 70-80 dollars, which when compared to how awesome the convention was, doesn't seem like a big loss to me.

Yeah I know but it's the principle behind it. If they couldn't even hire an intern to e-mail a mass apology then what's the chance that I'll get anything? I'm mad because if I had known this was going to happen, I would have had over a hundred dollars to spend on more stuff. But they won't even apologize or anything. It would have taken like five minutes to mail a mass apology to everyone. They have a mail list.

Yeah I know but it's the principle behind it. If they couldn't even hire an intern to e-mail a mass apology then what's the chance that I'll get anything? I'm mad because if I had known this was going to happen, I would have had over a hundred dollars to spend on more stuff. But they won't even apologize or anything. It would have taken like five minutes to mail a mass apology to everyone. They have a mail list.

How do you know they won't appologize?  Did you try contacting Sonya over twitter like I recommended?  Give them time man, its been two weeks since the con ended, and all they've done is deal with one crisis after another.  I'm sure that given a little time to let things settle down, they'll get to the task of handling you and everyone else who didn't get everything in their package.

How do you know they won't appologize?  Did you try contacting Sonya over twitter like I recommended?  Give them time man, its been two weeks since the con ended, and all they've done is deal with one crisis after another.  I'm sure that given a little time to let things settle down, they'll get to the task of handling you and everyone else who didn't get everything in their package.

I did contact her and got nothing in response. I don't know everything but I always see the worst in every situation. That's just how I think and maybe I shouldn't do so but I can't help it. I bet they're hoping that everyone just forgets it so they can move on and not have to pay anyone. You want evidence? How about the fact that they didn't even know about the badges when I asked about it? How can that be? Anyway, everyone has problems in life. My week hasn't been good either. I think I can bet you 1000 bits that I won't get so much as an apology by June.

Okay, I'm done.  Clearly you just want them to be the bad guys who twirl their moustaches and sit on a throne made of burlap sacks with dollars signs on them and cackle about the poor bronies whom they've swindled.

I hope you get your badge and poster.

They did do an apology at the closing ceremonies and again at the feedback panel. Your stuff is coming, but please remember a lot of your stuff came from community artists, not directly from the con's personal "Arts and Crafts" department.

• Brohoof 1

I got an email from Sonya a few days ago asking about what I was missing . As soon as i had replied saying i did not get my custom badge. she responded with another question, asking if i had already emailed my OC to them. which i had quickly answered, yes I had also asked if she wanted me to resend it. She replied with no and that they would find it.

Once again, a few things that didn't get done in time. Not a big deal, 11/10 will attend again

• Brohoof 2

I got an email from Sonya a few days ago asking about what I was missing . As soon as i had replied saying i did not get my custom badge. she responded with another question, asking if i had already emailed my OC to them. which i had quickly answered, yes I had also asked if she wanted me to resend it. She replied with no and that they would find it.

Once again, a few things that didn't get done in time. Not a big deal, 11/10 will attend again

Glad to hear that they're working on it!

:squee:

I knew they would do right by everyone, it's just gonna take time :)

(edited)

I just want an apology. Nothing more.

Please go to the Babscon site and email through the contact us link.  I also got an email and it seemed to be addressed to all of the package people asking what was missing.  And in fact I thought about you and hoped you felt better after receiving it.

Could the email have gone to your junk mail folder?

or possibly they have an outdated email address for you? 

Please write to her and explain what package you are in and that you heard everyone got an email except you. 

They are working on it and they did really apologize in the email. 

Edited by Diva Pony
  • Brohoof 2