Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

McDonald's manager tried to refuse to sell us happy meal.

I_wesley125

Well, I walked into a McDonald's and after reading this post, I was determined to man up and not make up any stories of, "oh, my little neice/daughter/whatever will love these cute ponies." I walked up right to the cashiers and said, "I would like to purchase ponies, please show me all the ones you have." She brought them over without hesitation and I bought AppleJack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Lily Blossom. Guess I am lucky, no fight at all. :P

Like a boss
  • Brohoof 3

Ok, I'm still a bit pissed off but here is the story.

So me and three of my other friends went into McDonalds and we all asked for a Happy meal with girls toys, Now it just happened to be the manager(I would assume) working the till, and he said "I know about you faggots, I'm not going to help you with your creepy bullshit", There may have been some conversation between this but i don't remember but what i said was "Go get us our fucking food you fat, stupid, homophobic piece of shit" in a loud voice, My friend said i was ready to punch the guy out(He stopped me, I have been arrested for assault in the past) and i remember him saying something reluctant but doing it.

So thats my story of what happened today, just thought i needed to share it.

get him fired, tell his boss what happened...stuff like that is not tolerated this is the 2000's not 1950
  • Brohoof 1

Not a bad idea so long as you're able to get the district manager's name and number, which can be easier said than done. A lot of managers and employees will refuse to give that information out (usually claiming privacy, due process, etc), so you'll most likely need to know someone who works at a restaurant in that district to get any kinda useful information.

You can find the information online in about two minutes. Just type in McDonalds Regional Office, followed by the state you live in. You'll get ALL the numbers. Seriously, it's easy.

Regional Directors are 10 times more effective than District Leaders. These people will listen to you, especially if you give them the name of the manager that badmouthed you. The reason they'll listen is because the reputation of any restaurant under their jurisdiction directly reflects their own reputation. And Regional Directors are WAY more by the book than District Leaders.

Edited by SBaby

That's awful! My friend and I got the whole set the first day they came out. The first McDonald's we went to only had two of them, but the manager was super sweet and didn't give us strange looks or anything. The second one we went to had the whole set so we got the rest there. My friend is male and when he asked for them the manager just gave a quick surprised look for a split second, but yet again was super nice to the both of us. I live in Texas, too! I was expecting at least one weird look, haha.

No mcdonalds near me, but I have gone into toystores and bought pinkie & fluttershy. Was asked if I wanted them wrapped, but proclaimed they were for me...and got a brohoof from the female cashier, wich was all kinds of awesome and unexpected(expected some smug remark) ;)

I do have anger problems...

I know what thats like, had big problems with that when I was younger, and got me in alot of trouble. Not had a blackout for years now, my temper is still there, but have it under control(one of the reasons I do martial arts and workout alot). The thing is to find a constructive outlet for it, I thank Tae Kwon Do and the strictness of Grandmaster Cho for getting me on the right path.

My mom works retail and as annoying as some of her customers are there's a rule that follows: You HAVE to be nice and keep your opinions to yourself no matter what unless they're touching you. Anyone of her co-workers that were rude to customers were fired within a month's time. That goes for McDonalds as well. Someone tried to tell us that they were out of the Angus burgers and that: "We don't have portabello mushrooms." My mom spoke to the manager and needless to say we took our buisiness somewhere else...If someone can't be nice or at least fake it then they need to get their heads outta their asses and off of facebook. You did the right thing and report his sorry ass.

When I got mine it was a little awkward.

Just because she didn't know wth i was talking about.

They must have just changed to the toys as she got on shift.

That just happened to me! I went to McDonalds again - third time now. It was very busy and I went to the cashier and asked to see the ponies. She seemed confused and suddenly yelled out, "DO WE HAVE ANY PONIES?!?!" I just stood there super serious and they brought me Rainbow Dash. :)

Only missing Cherilee now...

• Brohoof 3

That just happened to me! I went to McDonalds again - third time now. It was very busy and I went to the cashier and asked to see the ponies. She seemed confused and suddenly yelled out, "DO WE HAVE ANY PONIES?!?!" I just stood there super serious and they brought me Rainbow Dash. :)

Only missing Cherilee now...

That's too sitcommy to be real

I just got back from McDonalds and on the way I told my mom about it and inavertantly told her I was a brony. She said that guy if reported WILL be fired. That's grounds to be fired if you insult a customer and refuse a sale. Report his ass!

Being the violent being that I am I woulda hot-greased his ass with that nasty pure lard concoction of theirs.

EDIT: And said what you said. I respect you, dude.

Edited by PinkieDaShy
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not too sure if i would did a lot of foul name calling back at the guy, but I sure would have said something. Plus, it's none of his business what you are getting the happy meals for. Report him so he can get fired.

Also, you could just buy the toys themselves if you don't want the food. Might not be the healthiest food but I would hate to waste it. (Depending on the state, though...)

I'm not too sure if i would did a lot of foul name calling back at the guy, but I sure would have said something. Plus, it's none of his business what you are getting the happy meals for. Report him so he can get fired.

Exactly. These people are paid to make customers happy. If they refuse to do that, then they are refusing to do the job they are being paid for.

I feel like I would sigh, facepalm and say "Just get it, bitch."

This isn't the first time I've heard of McDonald's managers getting all freaky hateful on people trying to order a Happy Meal. How does it help anyone to act like that? Fucking children in adult bodies.

I love how the manager of a McDonald's has to gall to stereotype against a group of people, particularly with the usage of a word like "faggot." Is he at all self aware of where he stands in life?

If he's going to be mudslinging against bronies in a way that's not only inconsiderate but uninformed, he should at least accept the assertion that workers at McDonald's are the de facto poster boys for the "loser" archetype, especially when they've been there long enough to assert the "Manager" position... and given what he's expressed to you and your friends, he seems to fulfill the stereotype on his end.

In my book, you should have told him to blow it out his ass and took your business elsewhere. It'd be absolutely crushing to that ignorant, job skill-less bigot to not earn the $20 or so that comprises his weekly paycheck.

• Brohoof 2

Blasphemous. Asinine. Stupid, foolish, ridiculous. I'm almost speechless as I read this thread.

I get why people don't like our community, and I understand that every fanbase gets heat. But as if this guy wasn't taught that stereotyping isn't the way to go, how dare he bash on the very thing that might help out the franchise you're working for? So when you sit there are you make these kinds of generalizations about a certain group, it is one thing for a professional reviewer to do it, but for a McDonald's manager to blatantly go out and call one of his customers a faggot? He probably HAS his job because of the demand of these toys at McD's.

I understand he might not like MLP, or the community in general, but the reality is simple. How dare you, say something like this when it is that exact thing that is keeping your business running, and for you ultimately being viewed as one of the biggest slobs in America (by working at McDonald's for a living, because people who work there seem to get a lot of heat themselves)? And McDonald's is great, and they deserve all the credit in the world for making such a successful business, but even workers in the greatest franchises amongst us say some of the most IGNORANT things from time to time, and CLEARLY this is one of those times. Clearly.

Ok, I'm still a bit pissed off but here is the story.

So me and three of my other friends went into McDonalds and we all asked for a Happy meal with girls toys, Now it just happened to be the manager(I would assume) working the till, and he said "I know about you faggots, I'm not going to help you with your creepy bullshit", There may have been some conversation between this but i don't remember but what i said was "Go get us our fucking food you fat, stupid, homophobic piece of shit" in a loud voice, My friend said i was ready to punch the guy out(He stopped me, I have been arrested for assault in the past) and i remember him saying something reluctant but doing it.

So thats my story of what happened today, just thought i needed to share it.

First of all, stop swearing everypony. There are youngsters on this site and it doesn't make anybody 20% cooler or awesome.

This is something that I never seen anywhere else that ever happened. You should really report this guy. He refused to sell you a toy when you had every right in the world to buy it. And also you know how strict the world is becoming over harsh language such as the word "faggot". This is one of the main things to get this cowards behind in trouble. That is offense to a individual that he doesn't know. What if you were homosexual? You should try spreading this story to all the other pony sites and forums such as Equestria Daily. I am not sure how to but I would really recommend you doing this.