Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Gamer Ponies

Vicke

So i finally did something!

You might remember the ''Calling all gamers'' thread.

We have acculy got our own Steam group and YT Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GamerPonies?feature=mhee

Our Youtube channel

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GamerPonies

Our Steam Group.

We will start with some sample tomorrow and might upload something.

I like to keep it simple, like a boss.

• Brohoof 9

Seems like we are playing some Magicka!

If that's so, I won't be able to join in with you on the first day of the group as I no has Magicka... But I'm looking forward to other games, like TF2 and Terraria :P

Hmm... not too crazy on the name, but I guess its simplicity will grow on me

(you know like the totally creative names MLPForums, WiiU Forums, Pony.fm, etc.)

To start off tomorrow is supposed to be some big get together on the MLPForums TF2 Server so perhaps somepony can record a few matches or something.

As for Magicka, I don't have it so I guess I'll have to miss out on that fun! :(

But if you want a corny LP name we can call it Friendship is Magicka! (Sorry couldn't resist, it writes itself!)

• Brohoof 1

But if you want a corny LP name we can call it Friendship is Magicka! (Sorry couldn't resist, it writes itself!)

Hah, that's genius xD That should totally be the name of that LP :P

For TF2 Me and Vicke have decided to do some sort of fun matches and have some (read two) of us do commentary. And post that footage. I suggested doing Magicka as it is relatively short but still has suitable length for a play through.

In the future I can see things like Alien Swarm, Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor and Trine 2 show up in this list. In case of multiplayer vs game we'll use a commentary format with a more comedic touch, knowing we are bad at games. But still, a lot of this is just group based gameplay. It really depends on what everypony has installed. But I would love to also play older games, like Unreal Tournament 2004 (Assault Mode versus).

Keep in mind it really depends on what can be reasonably played. And what will be suitable for YouTube.

Edited by Tich of Gallifrey
  • Brohoof 1

For TF2 Me and Vicke have decided to do some sort of fun matches and have some (read two) of us do commentary. And post that footage. I suggested doing Magicka as it is relatively short but still has suitable length for a play through.

In the future I can see things like Alien Swarm, Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor and Trine 2 show up in this list. In case of multiplayer vs game we'll use a commentary format with a more comedic touch, knowing we are bad at games. But still, a lot of this is just group based gameplay. It really depends on what everypony has installed. But I would love to also play older games, like Unreal Tournament 2004 (Assault Mode versus).

Keep in mind it really depends on what can be reasonably played. And what will be suitable for YouTube.

Yeah I figured pretty much this. Two is a good comfortable number for a commentary. Sometimes 3 or 4 can be good too if everypony is well behaved.

And comedy for multiplayer works out well. I certainly wouldn't try to make a serious commentary of a multiplayer game since I'm usually bad or average at them (well I do own at Bioshock 2, why am I good at games NOPONY cares about! :P).

But that is a pretty good list of games you have there. I personally wish to buy Unreal Tournament 2004 soon since I love the series.

I could do a Co-Op play through with someone of a single player game.

My computer sucks, and can't play very many multiplayer games.

Well, one of the things we want to do is cooperative play. But there aren't that many games that do that, however. With suitable partners, things like Saints Row The Third or Portal 2 can be added. I'll try to make time and compile a large list of compatible games I own, and everypony in the group should, I'll compare them so we can look at possible Let's plays.

Having a bad computer shouldn't be a huge issue, we only need at least one of the group to be recording. The other needs to have reasonable internet and a reasonable computer. And of course a microphone to record everything.

Just remember that having a sizable games library helps. I'll also look into perhaps seeing if PSN games and XBox 360 games become viable. Because recording for that is kinda funky with the capture card and everything. But PC is way higher up on the priority list.

But that is a pretty good list of games you have there. I personally wish to buy Unreal Tournament 2004 soon since I love the series.

It's ten dollars on GoodOldGames, with ensured compatibility for Windows Vista and 7. Although if we really want to go classic we could do Unreal Tournament Gold.

Edited by Tich of Gallifrey

Well, one of the things we want to do is cooperative play. But there aren't that many games that do that, however. With suitable partners, things like Saints Row The Third or Portal 2 can be added. I'll try to make time and compile a large list of compatible games I own, and everypony in the group should, I'll compare them so we can look at possible Let's plays.

Having a bad computer shouldn't be a huge issue, we only need at least one of the group to be recording. The other needs to have reasonable internet and a reasonable computer. And of course a microphone to record everything.

Just remember that having a sizable games library helps. I'll also look into perhaps seeing if PSN games and XBox 360 games become viable. Because recording for that is kinda funky with the capture card and everything. But PC is way higher up on the priority list.

It's ten dollars on GoodOldGames, with ensured compatibility for Windows Vista and 7. Although if we really want to go classic we could do Unreal Tournament Gold.

"of a single player game,"

As in, one person playing a singleplayer game commentating over it with someone else over Skype.

"of a single player game,"

As in, one person playing a singleplayer game commentating over it with someone else over Skype.

Me and Vicke have already discussed this and these are perhaps not suited for the channel. If you wish to do this on your own, I commend you for doing it. But such content would be better suited in a more personal channel. If the material is good I'll get Vicke to like the first video in a series using the official channel. As to gain some exposure. But this group is really meant for multiplayer and cooperative games. It's imperative that all collaborators on this project realize this. I want to do some of my own personal Let's Plays, but I'll keep those in a separate channel.

There is also other content being discussed, but they'll be done on a trial basis, if they are well received we'll expand on them.

Well, I have no place in this project.

and from that day forth, Brandon has pledged to always be more popular than this youtube channel.

Edited by BrandonTehDragonbornDigger

I'm saddened to hear you can't help out Brandon.

What would I even be able to help with?

As I've said, my computer sucks, and can't play multiplayer games, and of course, Single Player games cannot be played with someone else.

Edited by BrandonTehDragonbornDigger

Thank you Tich :3

Can someone invite me to the group? My steam profile is linked to my profile page here.

Well, add me on skype, vike-vicke.

After that i will add you to the steam group.

Well, add me on skype, vike-vicke.

After that i will add you to the steam group.

I accidentally pressed enter when I sent the message, so it says "Hey it's AKAMr" or something like that.