Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming So... Half life 3?

Codelyy

(edited)

If you don't know what half life is then i recommend to go and look it up, Buy it and play it because i say it's one of the best games ever made!

Anyway. Half life 2 was made by a game company called valve and if you don't know who valve are then you might know them for the games they made like TF2 and Left 4 dead but like i said they made Half life 2 and the lastest half life game they made was Half life Episode 2 was came out in 2007. Now because of this a lot of fans including myself think that Half life 3 or Half life 2 Episode 3 will never come out because Valve can't count to 3

My question is that do you think that Half life 3 will ever come out?

Edited by Dr Gif

(edited)

It'll come when Lord GabeN deems it worthy of being released to mortals.

Or he to busy killing titans

Edited by Dr Gif
  • Brohoof 1

If I owned a property guaranteed to sell a million billion units on the day of its release, I'd produce it. I don't think Gabe is an idiot who hates money, so I feel roughly 110% sure that there will be a Half Life 3, sometime between now and 2080. If I eat right and exercise, I may even live to see it, if my arthritic fingers even work enough then to permit me to play.

The only aggravating thing is that they won't say anything about it. Which, I suspect, might have to do with a certain source code incident on the last go-around.

• Brohoof 2

If I owned a property guaranteed to sell a million billion units on the day of its release, I'd produce it. I don't think Gabe is an idiot who hates money, so I feel roughly 110% sure that there will be a Half Life 3, sometime between now and 2080. If I eat right and exercise, I may even live to see it, if my arthritic fingers even work enough then to permit me to play.

The only aggravating thing is that they won't say anything about it. Which, I suspect, might have to do with a certain source code incident on the last go-around.

It's the hype that would surround it that stops them from making it. Like Duke Nukem forever, 12 years of hype pretty much ensured that the game could not live up to anyones expectations. Half life 3 suffers from a similar issue, it has been to long in the wait and peoples expectations of it are higher than most studios can achieve, so rather than take a finical risk Valve just runs steam.

It's the hype that would surround it that stops them from making it. Like Duke Nukem forever, 12 years of hype pretty much ensured that the game could not live up to anyones expectations. Half life 3 suffers from a similar issue, it has been to long in the wait and peoples expectations of it are higher than most studios can achieve, so rather than take a finical risk Valve just runs steam.

You really don't think they're going to make Half Life 3?

Games that turn out badly after being hyped are usually either plagued with production problems, try to do too much, and/or do it poorly. I don't think Valve has those issues. They're a competent studio; they're just not in a hurry.

• Brohoof 1

tldr didn't read OP. I bet Half life 3 won't come out. it will never live up to its hype if it does. as someone already said before me

You really don't think they're going to make Half Life 3?

Games that turn out badly after being hyped are usually either plagued with production problems, try to do too much, and/or do it poorly. I don't think Valve has those issues. They're a competent studio; they're just not in a hurry.

They most likely won't. Valve likes being known for making great games. This long in a development cycle often over hypes a game. So valve seems to choose the easier of paths and just does not make it, rather than risk loosing money and prestige.

(edited)

The "they won't make it because hype" opinion seems pretty silly to me. It'd be like suggesting Martin won't finish Game of Thrones because however it ends won't satisfy *all* the fans' expectations.

Oh hey guys, I know I can't satisfy all of you so instead I'll satisfy none of you. If I just leave it up to *your* imagination, that'll be best for everyone right!? No nt rly.

@,

Yeah, I don't think so. 

Edited by Nine

The "they won't make it because hype" opinion seems pretty silly to me. It'd be like suggesting Martin won't finish Game of Thrones because however it ends won't satisfy *all* the fans' expectations.

Oh hey guys, I know I can't satisfy all of you so instead I'll satisfy none of you. If I just leave it up to *your* imagination, that'll be best for everyone right!? No nt rly.

@,

Yeah, I don't think so.

Did you see the sales figures for Duke Nukem forever? Gearbox bleed money on that game. Waiting to long, combined with over hype can kill a game in development. They have waited to long, and it is to difficult to live up to the majority of the fans/buyers expectations.
  • Brohoof 2

Did you see the sales figures for Duke Nukem forever? Gearbox bleed money on that game. Waiting to long, combined with over hype can kill a game in development. They have waited to long, and it is to difficult to live up to the majority of the fans/buyers expectations.

Duke Nukem sucked because it sucked.

It didn't suck "for the franchise". If you put a different title on the box, it still would have sucked.

Time will tell, but when Half Life 3 is announced, remember I told you so.

(edited)

Yeah. If it's what the fans want, then why not release it?

I think though by delaying its release, they're putting more pressure on themselves to make the game 'worth the wait'.

Or maybe they're going to combine all the Half-Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead, TF2 and Dota sequels and link them all together somehow in one huge universe, simply titled '3'. That would be cool.

Edited by Dr. Frasier Crane

(edited)

I'd rather have Fallout 4 than Half Life 3 (Half Life 2: Episode 3), tbh.

Edited by Guest

Half Life 3?

We gotta get to Half Life 2 Episode 3 before we get to 3.

In fact we need:

Portal 2: Episode 1

Team Fortress 3

Counter Strike Source 2

and lastly...

Dota 3.

This is probably the 3 billionth time this has been brought up.

3 billion divided by a billion is 3, add then subtract 3, and you get 3.

Half Life 3 confirmed. xD

• Brohoof 1

There've been a few leaks about it over the years.  Including one from Gaben himself when someone jokingly asked him about "Ricochet 2."

In a nutshell, Valve *were* working on Episode 3, and even an Episode 4, but took a step back and realized they weren't happy with how it was turning out.  So they scrapped everything and went back to the drawing board.  And they probably don't wanna make anymore announcements until it's close to completion, because obvious reasons.