Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Retro gaming ponies?

Soul Runner

(edited)

I was curious is there is any one out there who loves to stick to the retro games even though they could be 20+ years. I recently went back to play the old Legacy of Kain games as i never finished them.

What retro games do you stand by even though they are out-dated? (or are they?) :o

Two other games i always stand by is DOOM and Dune. I would love to meet some new ponies who share my love of those games as well. :D

Edited by Soul Runner
  • Brohoof 5

I love retro gaming.  My favorite classics never lose their luster.  Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Diablo II, Starcraft.  Maybe the latter two aren't that retro.  I just recently bought the whole Baldur's Gate saga on Good Ol' Games.  I never got around to playing them back in their day, so I'm getting into them now.  That is some brilliant, olde thymey goodness.  I'm also nuts for this You Have to Win the Game on Steam.  A brand spankin new game, granted, but in a completely retro style.  It's in the category of VVVVVV.  If you haven't tried either one, you should look into them.

Here's a link to a completely free and totally amazing, mind blowing, retro style game.  I highly recommend it.  It was originally a college project.  The assignment was basically to make a game in, like, a weekend or something, and this is what they came up with.

http://games.digipen.edu/downloads/perspective_setup?id=1170&proj=25930#.U3NWpihX6M8

Ill check that out :D

I have actually played and finished VVVVVV so i may have to look at that as well now as you say it is like that game. Unfortunately i haven't played any of the game you mentioned besides starcraft of which i play starcraft 2.

I haven't played any of my retro games recently due for lack of space and laziness of connecting them, otherwise I might be playing Paper Mario or Majora's right now (all of them in my good old N64  :lol: )

I have a lot of retro games that I play especially Super C, Link To The Past, Final Fantasy 3, Super R-Type, Duke Nukem 64, Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories, Final Fantasy IX, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Super Mario Bros.1-3, Super Metroid, Super Street Fighter 2, and others.

I only really stick around the old Zeldas and pokemons. Found my old yellow the other day, battery still charged and everything. Gonna be playing that alot 

There's defiantly fun in forbidden memories. One of my favorite yu-gi-oh games because of how challenging it is. I eventually cheated to beat it on pc but i got close on psx :P When it comes to old consoles all i had was NES and Sega Megadrive/Genesis. The i went to psx and so on.

I remember alongside DOOM and Dune i played a number of puzzle games, noddy, mario and sonic games mostly. There are a lot of retro classics though that i missed. I have yet to play a zelda game for example.

Super Castlevania IV and Super Mario All Stars were my childhood, I still have my SNES right here. As for my favourite childhood game that would be the Spyro the Dragon trilogy for PS1, not retro but hella kewl.  :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Retro games are the best, plain and simple.

If it weren't for them, the gaming industry may not have evolve to what it has become today. Yet sadly, I wish gaming companies today would learn from its predecessors.

• Brohoof 2

Just hit up GOG.com. Plenty of cheap retro games, with full support for modern OS's.