Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rihanna bullies 16-year-old

Scootadress

All I'm saying is it's not covering any less of the naughty bits. Does side boob automatically make it more nude than a dress that doesn't cover the top? I don't think so. :P

yeah, it does.  lowcut shirts show cleavage, which by definition is the space between the boobs.  side boob is just a whole lot of boob.

yeah, it does.  lowcut shirts show cleavage, which by definition is the space between the boobs.  side boob is just a whole lot of boob.

Still not nude though. They'd be making a huge deal out of nothing if they told her not to wear it at a school function.

Still not nude though. They'd be making a huge deal out of nothing if they told her not to wear it at a school function.

You must live in a nudist society, because you can't even wear shirts with skinny straps in school now.

You must live in a nudist society, because you can't even wear shirts with skinny straps in school now.

I actually live in a relatively conservative society full of oldschool Christian type people. I just haven't been in school for a few years now and forget how things work there. I do think most people make big deals out of really stupid things though.

• Brohoof 1

I never really like Rihanna anyways, but this is just plain wrong. Being a jerk to one of your fans is one of the worst things you could do as a celeb. Shame on her. >:c

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hmmm. Rhianna's tweet by itself is mean spirited, but not what comes to mind when I think of cyber bullying. It's pretty tame by comparison to what is all over facebook/tumblr/you tube, etc. What worries me is the influence she has on other fans that would jump on to the attack wagon.

This is why I can't wait for the day artistic talent and access to it dilutes the celebrity culture we have. We already see signs of this thanks in part to social media sharing sites.

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 2

It didn't see *too* bullyingly compared to other things, but i think the point was that she was the girl's inspiration and wanted to look just like her.  And when she tried, her inspiration was joining in at laughing about it.  That's pretty mean.

Really? Wow. That's pretty sad. I'd think an adult would act more mature than this, but I guess not.

img-2646220-1-_c999587_image_0.jpg

Exactly, you would think that Celebrities WOULD be a bit more muture, but you see, here is the thing, Celebrities really don't live in the real world, they have al the money they could ever want, the best lawyers money can buy, and the ones that start out as normal everyday people, well, money in some cases is the root of all evil, it courrups.

(edited)

Guess she's no longer a fan now.

P.S.,

Dear Rihanna,

Love,

A.V.

That made me laugh, I didn't expect it to be edited ^_^

I don't like Rihanna, but I never expected her to be an asshole to her own fans.

Edited by Hovershy

it's amazing how much a headline can impact the true nature of the news.

I don't give 2 shits about this, and to me it doesn't seem all that bad what Rihanna did, the word 'bullying' is way too broad for what she did. 'Mocking' or 'making fun of' sounds more fitting.

Besides, the girl has an amazing body but that dress is just ridiculous to go to a prom and she looks retarded in that picture lol

I don't give 2 shits about this, and to me it doesn't seem all that bad what Rihanna did, the word 'bullying' is way too broad for what she did. 'Mocking' or 'making fun of' sounds more fitting.

Besides, the girl has an amazing body but that dress is just ridiculous to go to a prom and she looks retarded in that picture lol

I'm sorry I know this is a bit off topic but you can not use the term retarded in that context. It's incredibly disrespectful. Just say she looks really stupid.

I'm sorry I know this is a bit off topic but you can not use the term retarded in that context. It's incredibly disrespectful. Just say she looks really stupid.

saying she looks really stupid it's also disrespectful

saying she looks really stupid it's also disrespectful

Least it's not using an actually really hurtful term, sure stupid is a hurtful term but retarded is downright rude, disrespectful and abliest. If you don't want to say stupid then just say silly. How would YOU like it if someone said "You look retarded in that outfit." You wouldn't would you. Of course not.

Least it's not using an actually really hurtful term, sure stupid is a hurtful term but retarded is downright rude, disrespectful and abliest. If you don't want to say stupid then just say silly. How would YOU like it if someone said "You look retarded in that outfit." You wouldn't would you. Of course not.

I don't take the literal meaning of words at heart but what the person means. Of course I meant she looked stupid in that shot, but she might be a cute girl, who knows. Calling retarded to a mentally disabled person is very rude but the context is changed.

It's like saying 'that's so gay', usually people don't say it to bash on gays, heck even gay people say that. They may use the word but they don't mean it that context.

I think that we have to allow the girl to have her fun and wear what she wants.  Just because you might think it looks bad doesn't mean it does to everyone.  Remember MLP tolerance please!

That said, whether she looked great or not isn't really the point.  The point is that Rihanna blatantly took to the internet to insult her.  Why on earth would someone with that notoriety and status feel a need to put the girl down?  Actually although the act was not continued, in a way it IS a form of bullying. 

I never liked Rihanna, I have always been amazed that no matter what horrendous looks she came up with for herself that the press always thinks she is amazing when she looks like crap (I'm sorry but for a while there she had on the most unflattering shade of red hair for her skin that she could have come up with) but I will give that she has a great voice and she has talent.

Unfortunately, with celebrities like her, you really see her image before you see the talent.   Very much like Miley Cyrus.  I can't stand to see photos of her anymore for what she has done to herself and sadly, she is also very talented.  Even Bieber has some talent but now no one pays attention to that because he is in "young kid gone crazy with fame" mode.

Bottom line is that Rihanna should be thoroughly ashamed of herself for picking on a fan who adored her.  

I think that we have to allow the girl to have her fun and wear what she wants.  Just because you might think it looks bad doesn't mean it does to everyone.  Remember MLP tolerance please!

That said, whether she looked great or not isn't really the point.  The point is that Rihanna blatantly took to the internet to insult her.  Why on earth would someone with that notoriety and status feel a need to put the girl down?  Actually although the act was not continued, in a way it IS a form of bullying. 

I never liked Rihanna, I have always been amazed that no matter what horrendous looks she came up with for herself that the press always thinks she is amazing when she looks like crap (I'm sorry but for a while there she had on the most unflattering shade of red hair for her skin that she could have come up with) but I will give that she has a great voice and she has talent.

Unfortunately, with celebrities like her, you really see her image before you see the talent.   Very much like Miley Cyrus.  I can't stand to see photos of her anymore for what she has done to herself and sadly, she is also very talented.  Even Bieber has some talent but now no one pays attention to that because he is in "young kid gone crazy with fame" mode.

Bottom line is that Rihanna should be thoroughly ashamed of herself for picking on a fan who adored her.  

and I agree with ya, I wasn't actually defending Rihanna, but in a side note it's hilarious how media make this a lot more dramatic than it should have been. Rihanna is clearly at fault for making fun of her but c'mon! bullying is way worse than this.

(edited)

and I agree with ya, I wasn't actually defending Rihanna, but in a side note it's hilarious how media make this a lot more dramatic than it should have been. Rihanna is clearly at fault for making fun of her but c'mon! bullying is way worse than this.

I totally see where you are coming from but when you get insulted for the entire world to see and the insult comes from someone as famous as Rihanna, someone this girl clearly idolizes, the impact is going to be far greater than just you or I posting an insult if we were so inclined.

When someone has as much influence as Rihanna has in the grand scheme of things, that power needs to come with responsibility, something she sadly neglected to remember when she posted what she did.

Edited by Diva Pony
  • Brohoof 2