Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Technically Can Anypony Become An Alicorn?

GXPBlast

(edited)

As we all know Twilight Sparkle and Princess Cadance became Alicorns by achieving their ultimate destiny and goal and contributed to ponykind in a tremendous way. In the scene where Twilight became an Alicorn we saw a glowing orb come outside from within her and transform her into an Alicorn. Some people have speculated Princess Celestia turned Twilight into an Alicorn. But many others as well as myself agree that Twilight became an Alicorn herself by achieving an ultimate goal and fulfilling her destiny being friendship and magic and Princess Celestia was there basically to help her transission smoothy into Alicornhood.

My theory is that anypony can become and Alicorn. When a pony receives their cutie mark, they are 50% on their way of becoming an Alicorn. In order to become an Alicorn, they have to achive something very great and fulfill their destiny while contributing something very important to ponykind. Although any pony can become an Alicorn its not going to be easy. They need to unlock the energy within themselves.

Its kind of like in DBZ, anyone that has saiyan blood in them can become super saiyan but they have to find a way to unleash the power, although it may take a ton of determination and will power as well as management of emotions.

What do you guys think? Can anypony technically become an Alicorn?

On a side note it would be awesome if we see another Alicorn. Personally, I want to see a male Alicorn in the show. Whether that Alicorn comes through a pony transforming into one or being introduced as another character, that would be awesome. At least one male Alicorn would be nice.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

I'd think so, as long as they have the ability to grow to that point. Although, it can also be a bad thing and oversaturate it.

But many others as well as myself agree that Twilight became an Alicorn herself by achieving an ultimate goal and fulfilling her destiny being friendship and magic and Princess Celestia was there basically to help her transmission smoothy into Alicornhood.

Yes and YES! It'd be technically possible to rise to the highest echelons of society (Like what Twilight did from humble beginnings to princesshood), and theoretically anypony can be an alicorn. If that's so, could it be possible that ALL ponies have the ability to become alicorns and believing that they aren't holds them back? Think of it like Neo's transformation in the Matrix. Now this is an overanalysis but I could see that as a plausible idea.

Yea, it could easly be possible, thoug judging by the nature of the show, I doubt that they would keep that as cannon, for all we know Twilight could have subconsicly cast a spell on herself to become an alicorn, since she is the element of magic and all, maybe when the time came, an inner spell, just kind of happened, with that being said I still find it very possible, say if Big Mac discovered something amazing about himeself or something in equestria, then..well.

Princess%252520Big%252520Mac%252520-%252

Ya get this! :P

Yea, it could easly be possible, thoug judging by the nature of the show, I doubt that they would keep that as cannon, for all we know Twilight could have subconsicly cast a spell on herself to become an alicorn, since she is the element of magic and all, maybe when the time came, an inner spell, just kind of happened, with that being said I still find it very possible, say if Big Mac discovered something amazing about himeself or something in equestria, then..well.

Ya get this! :P

I have seen that image before lol. Epicness Big Mac Alicorn.

Well, I disagree. I mean, alicorns are pretty much princesses.

It was Twilight's destiny to become a princess. This is why she was Celestia's student after all. Celestia prepared her to become a princess.

If it was possible for anypony to become a princess (or prince, in fact), I believe that this would cause Equestrian society to fall.

(edited)

There is something... MISSING with your theory... but I can't put my hoof on it.

Aren't there some ponies out there that have reached their ultimate destiny and helped ponykind in a REALLY big way? And doesn't destiny mean the inevitable course that a pony is going? So they will still go to their "Ultimate Destiny" no matter what.

I think we can leave out the "helping ponykind" and ultimate destiny part out of the way.

Now we need to understand the "Ultimate Goal". What is the "Ultimate Goal"? Since goal means the result or achievement towards which effort is directed, and the word "ultimate" also means last, maximum or highest, we can rename it into many several options. We can call the ultimate goal: "Last Achievement" or "Highest Achievement" or "Maximum Achievement" or even "Last Result" or "Maximum Result" or "Highest Result". Now if the Ultimate Goal also means like this, don't we have a more in-depth meaning?

So Twilight's "Highest Achievement" is spreading the magic of friendship, which is possibly true.

But hasn't anypony got their Highest Achievement in the days of Starswirl the Bearded or later?

I even think that the CMC's Highest Achievement is getting their cutie marks, but they haven't made a big contribution to the ponykind and destiny will not be included since, like I said, it means it's the inevitable route of a pony. So if the CMC did something that would help the pony kind that involves something with their cutie marks, then they would be Alicorns instantly!

I WOULD say yes, if your theory had a better explanation...

But I would go for no for now since your theory is missing a better explanation. (No offense)

There has got to be a/more reason/s that anypony can be Alicorns.

This is just an OPINION. Not saying that this is the facts or anything.

Starswirl the Bearded should have been an Alicorn, but that's just me :P

Edited by Nemesis Atlas
  • Brohoof 1

Perhaps the missing element is that they have to perform a huge achievement, something beyond what most ponies can do, utilising their special talent. For example, Cadance defeating a villain (in the book) using her talent of the power of love, and being granted a horn. Twilight used her talent of magic to fix the problem of her friends cutie marks being switched round.

Regarding male alicorns, my alicorn OC is male and based on my headcanon, I had him defeating a villain by using his talent for empathy and being granted the alicorn honour by Princess Celestia. He was also given the role of Protector of Trottingham.

I wouldn't say that every single pony has the ability to become an alicorn; think of it like winning a gold medal at the Olympics. Everyone has the ability to play sport, but not everyone is good enough at their chosen sport to be Olympic standard; and out of those few, only a small amount get to win a gold medal.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This is just an OPINION. Not saying that this is the facts or anything. :P

No worries everyone can state their opinions here.

Edited by GXPBlast

Well, I disagree. I mean, alicorns are pretty much princesses.

It was Twilight's destiny to become a princess. This is why she was Celestia's student after all. Celestia prepared her to become a princess.

If it was possible for anypony to become a princess (or prince, in fact), I believe that this would cause Equestrian society to fall.

That's pretty much what would of happened to Sunset Shimmer had she not wanted to follow her own path and disobeyed Celestia. In the comic explaining Sunset's backstory, she even sees herself as a alicorn in the mirror.

(edited)

I think so. After all, Twilight was "anypony" before she got her cutie mark.

No, she was not. She was Princess Celestia's personal student :)

Edited by boiteporte

No, she was not. She was Princess Celestia's personal student :)

Before she got her cutie mark? You should watch The Cutie Mark Chronicles again: she wasn't Celestia's student yet. ;)

Yeah, I think you're right. I tend to forget episodes after I watch them. Which is why people are surprised at the fact that I can watch a TV series 50 times in a row without getting bored...

I wonder what an Earth Pony has to do in order to become an alicorn?

I think that is the better question to be asking.

Seriously what can an Earth Pony accomplish to become Alicorn worthy??

(edited)

Anypony who can properly earn it like Twilight, sure, probably. Whatever that entails is a bit of a mystery though.

And I'm almost certain that things like type of pony and gender would be irrelevant as far as who is eligible to ascend. I don't see any reason to think otherwise and it'd be pretty silly if either of those things mattered anyway.

So yes, it does seem likely, though obviously it wouldn't be easy, considering there is only four alicorns we know of currently, plus that one from Hearts and Hooves Day. Anyway, it's not like much can be said for certain, as very little canon information is known about it. 

Edited by Vixor
  • Brohoof 1

I guess technically they can. ^^"

I mean, it would seem if they wanted to, the Princesses could go on a Princess Spree, and just make every pony a Princess. ^^"

Princess Applejack for the win!

After all, it did just look like a super fancy spell. ^^"

I wonder what an Earth Pony has to do in order to become an alicorn?

I think that is the better question to be asking.

Seriously what can an Earth Pony accomplish to become Alicorn worthy??

Read Fallout: Equestria in its entirety.

In interesting theory since it takes the concept that anyone can achieve the pinnacle of achievement. That in and of itself is a theme that fits well in the show.

My only hesitation is what it means to other ponies that don't become Alicorns. In a way it reimagines a meritocracy, but one in which there is a visual reminder of a under fulfilled potential.

(edited)

I guess technically they can. ^^"

I mean, it would seem if they wanted to, the Princesses could go on a Princess Spree, and just make every pony a Princess. ^^"

After all, it did just look like a super fancy spell. ^^"

The Princesses do not turn ponies into Alicorns from what I have researched. Twilight became an Alicorn state once she achieved her ultimate destiny and contributed so much to pony kind in a tremendous way. Once she unlocked that ability, the magic from within her came out and transformed her into an Alicorn. Princess Celestia was there to help her transition smoothly and guide her through the transformation process, but did not actually turn Twilight into an Alicorn.

Edited by GXPBlast

The Princesses do not turn ponies into Alicorns from what I have researched. Twilight became an Alicorn state once she achieved her ultimate destiny and contributed so much to pony kind in a tremendous way. Once she unlocked that ability, the magic from within her came out and transformed her into an Alicorn. Princess Celestia was there to help her transition smoothly and guide her through the transformation process, but did not actually turn Twilight into an Alicorn.

I was wondering that myself, considering I rewatched the Season 3 finale and was questioning the purple stuff circling Twilight as she ascended. 

Do you have a source I can read up on? ^^

(edited)

Do you have a source I can read up on? ^^

There are so many threads and topics surrounding this. You can Google it and check the forum topic and discussions there are including on this forum.

I dont know which exact once I can point you to, but there is also some information that people give better than myself on how twilight became an Alicorn.  What i did for this thread was summarize what I have researched and agree with based on the many threads and topics I found on the internet.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1