Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever been picked on because you're a virgin?

CosmicHooves

(edited)

nothing wrong with that, I haven't lost my virginity I have just absorbed other peoples in preparation for the final battle..........

But no youre good, it just shows that you have a lot of self respect, but it wouldn't hurt to give the right person a shot at a date with you, youre very careful about yourself it seems, im sure you find the right person...

Edited by RNgineer

(edited)

Honestly, people like that have their own set of insecurities if they pick on you for things like that maliciously..

People kind of put too much stock into this. When I lost my virginity, I didn't feel like "more of a man" when I lost it.. if anything, the whole experience felt kind of awkward for me.

Personally, I'd rather invest my time into a relationship based on love rather than sex alone.

Edited by DukeofCanterlot
  • Brohoof 2

So, if you haven't had sex, that automatically makes you a loser and wimp? What has society come to?!? I haven't been picked on for being a virgin...yet. Typically, it is the "jocks" that pick on you for being a virgin. ***holes. >_>

I'ma huge pervert. XD

I like you already.

huehuehuehuehuehue post-1052-0-26228600-1366066675.gif

Anyways, no I haven't been picked on but my friends has questioned me a thousand times.

• Brohoof 1

Sex is one of those things where regardless of what you thought about it before you had it, it is the best thing in the world once you start getting some. You shouldn't feel pressured to have sex, especially in your mid-teens but I would also suggest that you don't shun it completely...it really brightens your day XD

When most people rush into doing it, they end up with a load of problems, such as emotional damage, unwanted pregnancy, and even stds.

THEN USE PROTECTION!

They're just jealous on how that you don't give into peer pressure like the rest did and that you actually have self-respect.

No self-respect? Are you saying that anyone who has sex has no self-respect? Or just those who sleep with a randomer in order to lose their virginity? There's nothing wrong with having sex. There's nothing wrong with not having it either.

I will say that if you're going to have sex with a girl (or guy) then it should be somebody you have deep feelings for and maybe you've been going out for some time but they don't need to be marriage material; they don't have to be the one you spend the rest of your life being with. If you wait until after you're marriage before you have sex, then you might find that you're sexually incompatible with your spouse. Sexual compatibility is a thing and is determined by multiple factors. I would say that both losing your virginity at 13 and not having sex before marriage are unwise choices.

Alternatively, when you're older, you can have a bunch of one-night-stands with other people as long as all parties involved are okay with it. I don't know how old you are, , but since you're in high school, I'm guessing you're in your mid-teens so here's some advice: whatever white, pasty, neurotic, elbowy love you could possibly have is not wanted in this world. Wait until you're a little more mature and then find a nice girl or guy who shares your interests.

I plan on saving myself when I meet the man I know will marry me.

What's with Americans and insisting on only having sex with the person they marry which means on average you'll only have sex with two people in your life (since 50% of all marriages in the US end in divorce). I'm not saying there's a right or wrong number of people to sleep with, nor am I pointing directly at you, Lady. I am asking, however, what is wrong with having sex with somebody you love even if you know you won't marry them?

Only by popular media and random folks online who've never met me.

IRL? Not that I can recall. Which is actually kind of surprising, now that I think about it, since I go to a school well-renowned for parties and drinking and whatnot. Even in my freshman dorm, where I knew a lot of the guys well and most of them were having sex, it was never implied that I was some kind of loser or outcast because I chose not to.

thats one of the things about people. they have so many double standards its idiotic. they say being a virgin is bad and that having sex makes you a slut and or playboy. if someone says something to you or even hints towards making fun of you for what you are, just say well at least im comfortable with who i am rather than acting like a big dick to seem strong and or cool. seriously most people that are dicks do it to seem like a big man/woman, so they can feel better about their meaningless life. i mean im not saying they are meaningless im saying thats what doing this makes their life. in the end it comes down to you not caring about people and their skewed opinions and views with obviousl flaws in logic. and im a virgin and fuck all if im ashamed. i see it as a hey at least im not a 20 year old father because i was stupid in high school.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Sex is one of those things where regardless of what you thought about it before you had it, it is the best thing in the world once you start getting some. You shouldn't feel pressured to have sex, especially in your mid-teens but I would also suggest that you don't shun it completely...it really brightens your day XD

THEN USE PROTECTION!

No self-respect? Are you saying that anyone who has sex has no self-respect? Or just those who sleep with a randomer in order to lose their virginity? There's nothing wrong with having sex. There's nothing wrong with not having it either.

why exactly are you taking all of this the wrong way? I'm not saying that those who have sex have no self-respect nor that having sex in general is wrong. Those who rush into it with someone who they don't love, wether or not you're married or just boyfriend and girlfriend is what's dumb to just not be a virgin. Edited by Jamaican Jam

(edited)

No, I always kept my virginity a secret during high school, so no. I might be picked on for having my first masturbation AFTER, losing my virginity  :o . Ridiculous, but I've never masturbated before losing my virginity, dunno how I survived that long  :huh:

This picking up to someone for lack of sex is one of the tons of bullshit that sadly, society impose on us >_>  

Edited by Zekromic

(edited)
What's with Americans and insisting on only having sex with the person they marry which means on average you'll only have sex with two people in your life (since 50% of all marriages in the US end in divorce). I'm not saying there's a right or wrong number of people to sleep with, nor am I pointing directly at you, Lady. I am asking, however, what is wrong with having sex with somebody you love even if you know you won't marry them?

There's a different between 'being in love with someone' and 'loving someone'. I want to make sure that the man who I lose my virginity is in love with me and I am in love with him; because if he asks for me to marry him, I know he's making a commitment to me and our love, those, I let him have the last bit of my innocence that's left. You understand? I only want to have sex with one person in my life, and I want to make sure that person is willing to be with me. I want it to be genuine.

I like you already.

I like you too!~ 

Edited by Lady
  • Brohoof 3

When people poke fun at me for being a virgin, I go stand with my other virgin friends and we all glare evilly at them.
Friendship is magic

Honestly, people shouldn't stigmatize not having sex. If I recall, first timers are unpleasant if neither side appreciates it. It's not greener on the other side of the pasture. You'd have to be in a committed relationship to fully enjoy it, but taking virginity for the first time isn't fun if you do it for the act and not caring about the person.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, no. I don't think I should even be having sex at my age anyway. Even if I wanted to, I don't think I could rely on contraception to stop me getting pregnant, and I really, really don't want to be put into that position.

A lot of my friends aren't virgins, but it doesn't bother me. After all, it's my life, and I shouldn't let myself be pressured into something I'm not ready for.

Edited by Dr. Frasier Crane

• 5 years later...

With the power of thread resurrection I summon thee!

I actually have not, then again I have no shame in wanting to wait until marriage. I don't think though that many people would share these values in today society. Yet I unlike perhaps most people who are virgins am so as I have strong values and beliefs. I want to be glorious and to be glorious you have to live by an example. 

Today a lot people think of virgins as those who can not get sex. This is at least not true for me I can easily get girls but most of them I don't really feel a certain connection with. I would say I am waiting for the one and I don't care if people don't appreciate that. 

So I pretty much tell people and take great pride in waiting for the right person and not once have I been mocked or ridiculed for it. 

• Brohoof 2

When I was one yes. Not often though, and it was in good humor.

I don't see virginity as a measure of character or a measure of merit. A friend of mine is desperate to lose his. He seems to think that losing it will solve all of his problems in life. To me it's just a thing. It doesn't become malicious if you have it for a long time, and it's only as important to your self worth as you yourself make it.

• Brohoof 1

When I was, no. Even if I still was, I don’t think I would be teased because I am a female and I notice that males get more of that shit than we do. 

Just kick em where it's hurts and enough so they can't perform anymore :nom:

This actually reminds me of my high school where every year for the senior year, most girls comes out pregnant with their own classmates ( idk why that's a trend). So when our class become senior and graduated, we were cheering about how  we were the first senior who still have their virginity, like we had broke the record of something. :ButtercupLaugh: And the girls would like "yay none of us girls are pregnant!" yeah it was one of the most hilarious thing to end the year. 

No, never was picked on. And if I were, I probably never really understood why it would be such a big deal to begin with?

• Brohoof 1

No, but I've been bullied because I've never had my first kiss.

A friend at college legit dragged me into the college bookstore and tried to make me kiss the nice guy working the register.

I managed to break free and ran the hell outta there.

(edited)

Nope. A lot of people at school knew that if they picked on me for anything, they'd be missing a few teeth. Plus, it's a stupid thing to be picked on about, who cares if I have or haven't had intercourse? 

Edited by DixonTheAdversary

Surprisingly not. But to be fair, outside of the internet and probably my parents, I don't think anyone knows that I am one. I guess that's a benefit of being such a quiet person. People can't make fun of me over something they don't know about.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No. It’s stupid. Society has some obsession with people having to have sex with someone to be cool or to have a higher status.

Im still a virgin. Mostly because I’ve never known someone very close or for that long ever, at least in person, but I also was raised Catholic, and even though I’m “wicked” by many standards... I know to maintain abstinence until marriage. Wouldn’t feel very special if someone you dated had already been with so many people before and maybe also banged with them too, especially when you yourself (me myself) hasn’t had very many close people to even begin with, let alone do something very intimate. Im sure it’s a nice thing. People don’t normally practice polygamy now, why wouldn’t it feel different if your partner has already shared themselves a lot? A bit of a betrayal even before ever knowing that person, oddly enough.

I doubt most people would appreciate that though...

This is assuming most people lose their virginity because of status, and not because they’re married and want to have kids or just do it for the heck of it. Or just.... do it but aren’t doing it for score or something, I guess. No problem with that at all. Hopefully they aren’t divorcing a lot because of bad sex.

Edited by BBolt ⚡️