Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks = Bad move?

Tabe

I don't think they should have made the characters into humans. THAT'S the opportunity I feel they missed.

That alone ruined it for me.

I feel Hasbro could have made a movie with the actual pony characters along with an epic plot with a villain or something.

A full feature film would indeed be better than the human versions. Lets just hope they actualy do a pony film aswell, It would probably make them enough money to make it worth the time, so cross your hooves

I wouldn't say it was a bad move, the thing is we should all know that Hasbro is doing this for money. Whether it's a bad move or not, they will benefit in some way.

So its obvious that EG was not very popular amongs the fans.

I have to disagree, I think that's opinion based.

I loved Equestria Girls, and I know others who also enjoyed the movie.

Respectfully disagreeing, of course. ^^ (\

However, I think a sequel is an awesome idea.

More Twilight Sparkle on the big screen!

Kidding, that's my main reason for being hyped, though.

Seriously, I didn't see anything wrong with Equestria Girls, the story was amazing and the music was literally some of the best in the series.

To me, anyways. ^^

• Brohoof 1

Oh god why.

You made my day.

and THEY ARE MAKING A SEQUEL?! Dayum I need to keep up with the fandom!

btw...I love how that pic has "ask a parent first" at the top....:P

This sequel was announced a while ago...although it did seem to take some time to get a reaction from the fandom....maybe because no one could believe it at first until they came out with those snippets...

Ah...

I mean EQ was ok... but... Seriously a sequel? I want an actual MLP:FIM movie! You know, with ponies? An actual huge adventure or threat that the mane 6 can face, or something, anything! But not humans again... It's called MLP:FIM for a reason. But blah this is just my opinion.

Not a hater of EQ, i just thought the movie was ok... not what I expected but ok. It just made me want to watch ponies though.

Well Idk who you were talking to, because as I know it, EQG was in fact very much liked. It just happened to be like MLP:FiM when it was starting. Many people didn't wanna give it a chance, but they did, and they loved it very much. I think the majority of people in the fandom who saw EQG did in fact, at least like it.

But the fact that there's gonna be a squeal. Idk. I mean I'm not sure how it will end up. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who watch it, but is it needed really? Was one good enouph, and should have been left like that? Idk. All I know is that Hasbro felt really proud of their characters, after the movie, and that it didn't matter what form they were in, cuz they were still the same characters. So Hasbro could be feeling like it's good to try again. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

So people are already calling it a bad movie, based on the trailer or concept of an Equestria Girls sequel. Dreamworks and Pixar films were successful with their main demographics, typically the traditional nuclear family, rather than fans of Pixar or Disney, the same thing here, as far as Equestria Girls is concerned it was intended for the children and their parents, who had to pay money and sit with their children to see it, so with the main audience appeased and the financial success a sequel was likely to happen. I gave the first film a chance, and I will never regret seeing it, it was so colourful and passionate, it gave me such a good feeling that I wanted to became a brony, so it's not the blight on MLP many bronies claim, rather it's the bronies who are the most difficult to please, who make claims and bombast Hasbro or someone for ruining My Little Pony. It would behove us to display some restraint, and give this sequel a chance, stop behaving like this is your work, and someone is spoiling your effort, it is everyone's fandom now, yet in the centre of that is the children, and again I hail the versatility and congeniality they have shown, when we should be an better example, although I don't know if I would go to the theatre to watch it, but if I encounter it on the internet like I did the first movie, I would give it a chance before I criticize, so please people summon that sentimentality the ponies have, and not give into a toddler's fit or tantrum, be better than that, finally do not judge the bronies who will give this film a good rating.     

people go ape shit saying that every conflict in EG was resolved in under 1 minute, and people dont like that, I however dont have a problem with that.

That like saying not being able to find your car keys in the morning counts as a conflict..the problem is the conflicts in EqG were solved so fast the trian enver had time to leave the station let along build up momentum for us (as a audience) to really care.  That the problem

Well Hasbro is ruining the show, so imo every move they make is a bad move.

EG was a more of a creation for profit, not admiration, such as this sequel will be. By the profit being more of a priority, the movie will be shit, and end up in the "Never Again" box in this fandom's attic, just like EG.

I entirely disagree with you. EG is one of my favorite "episodes" of MLP. I also believe Hasbro is NOT ruining the show, they are simply trying to target you know... their target audience... kids. I think the movie will probably exceed our expectations, just like EG.

EG was a more of a creation for profit, not admiration, such as this sequel will be. By the profit being more of a priority, the movie will be shit, and end up in the "Never Again" box in this fandom's attic, just like EG.

Yep, pretty much. I am glad there was someone brave enough to point that out.

• Brohoof 1

i think the only way the movie would be good, is if the Ponies got together and made a heavy metal/rap fusion band and they fought the forces of evil with the power of metal

I'm not concerned. If I like it I like it, if I don't then it'll probably still be fun for the kids. I do have one complaint though... those costumes they perform in are positively horrendous and Rarity would never approve of such a thing!

That guy's a pretty underrated YouTuber.

Exactly, and he made a pretty good point. The movie is good for what it is, Hasbro are not afraid to experiment.

My conclusion: As long as the series stay the way it is, I'm happy. I see the movies as "Standalone" kind of to the side of the MLP "storyline".

I entirely disagree with you. EG is one of my favorite "episodes" of MLP. I also believe Hasbro is NOT ruining the show, they are simply trying to target you know... their target audience... kids. I think the movie will probably exceed our expectations, just like EG.

That's nice that you have a different opinion.

Here, have a sticker.

Edited by D-7

OK, after watching the clip a few times, I have come to a conclusion on where I stand with this whole sequel thing.

Almost everybody has been glass half empty about this. But, to me(may be biased since I am more or less in the targeted age range) this movie looks like a lot of fun. I'm hoping it will be showing in a cinema in my area so I don't have to wait too long, but that is far from the point. With equestria girls, they are just trying to market to the target audience, nothing more, nothing less. They did that very well with the first EG, and now hope to do it again. A lot of bronies seem to have forgotten that equestria girls, and friendship is magic for that matter, are not intended to be viewed by us. Yeah, they might do a slight nod to the fandom every now and then, but apart from that they're just sticking to what they know best. All of the brony phenomenon is just dumb luck. Sorry to be the buzzkill here, but that's my opinion.

OK, after watching the clip a few times, I have come to a conclusion on where I stand with this whole sequel thing.

Almost everybody has been glass half empty about this. But, to me(may be biased since I am more or less in the targeted age range) this movie looks like a lot of fun. I'm hoping it will be showing in a cinema in my area so I don't have to wait too long, but that is far from the point. With equestria girls, they are just trying to market to the target audience, nothing more, nothing less. They did that very well with the first EG, and now hope to do it again. A lot of bronies seem to have forgotten that equestria girls, and friendship is magic for that matter, are not intended to be viewed by us. Yeah, they might do a slight nod to the fandom every now and then, but apart from that they're just sticking to what they know best. All of the brony phenomenon is just dumb luck. Sorry to be the buzzkill here, but that's my opinion.

Oh, there is no buzzkill here, holmes. I did enjoy the movie, I have watched it about 3 times and I will watch it again, but found it weird that there was no movie before that was about ponies. The biggest and probably only complaint I have about the movie is that the villain is defeated too quickly, she gets that incredible power and ZAP, gone in 5 minutes.

I always thought Equestria Girls was a fan remake of the series where the ponies are humans instead, Oh I was happy when I found out I was wrong.

I can't wait for Rainbow Rocks, honestly. I think Hasbro learned from their mistakes from the first movie since all it really was was a S1 E1-E2 recap in a new world with a new enemy. However, it would be nice to see Sunset Shimmer make an appearance as a good pony instead of evil, however, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a villian at some point.

the reason for the sequal i hear is becoz the MLP EG toyline was well received and sold well especially in international market 

just a fact:

studies show that most of the MLP FIM fans are from cultures where horses are part of their history while most of the fans (the ones who bought the toys) of MLP EG are not

also a little disturbing fact:

55% of the sales of the MLP EG toylines are from male adults (16+) who openly said that they bought it for themselves

:twitch:

Grrrr, the blu-ray has sold almost two million copies, the toys have great features and reviews and most of the Bronys who "hated" it, have stopped acting like narrow minded 14 year olds and have come to enjoy the film for WHAT IT IS, not what they expected it to be (welcome to adulthood, reality sucks).

This sequel has one major goal, to speak directly to the early and mid 30s Bronys who grew up watching animated characters like alvin the chipmunk snow white and alladin sing to them, and also too tween age LITTLEGIRLS who love music and aren't jaded yet...why are you ponys not seeing this?

It isn't a bad move, all us gen1 fans are gonna love this because we grew up in the 80s and 90s,the youngings will love seeing there girls up on stage...everypony dreams of being a rock star at one point. And for you in the middle of these ages fans, there will be lots of modern day references like facebook I am sue.

Just..stop, stop with these threads. Eqgirls is a medium now,deal with it, enjoy it, or ignore it.

When I first saw the mini trailor on YOUtube I was literally shocked that Equestria Girls was making a sequel. I personally liked the first movie but I have a bad idea that the sequel isn't gonna turn out that good. Besides, rock outfits + unrealistic looking humanied ponies = UGH (most sequels nowadays are bad anyway)

Edited by Faith