Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What has MLP Taught You?

Cassafrass

MLP has taught me a number of things. First of all, being a Pegasister has taught me to never be afraid of who I am, and to express myself however I want. I have learned many lessons due to the episodes from the series, such as the obvious ones - like learning that even if you feel like you are stuck in a rut with your life, there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel (Twilight's Kingdom 1 and 2). I have also learned hidden messages... which I can't think of off the top of my head, but know are there. XD

Anyways, what have you learned from MLP? :)

• Brohoof 3

That Rainbow Dash is best pony.

I'm not the most tolerant of people, and while the show is unable to budge me there I have overall learned to be happier in life.
(Thanks to this one:  :) )

Mlp has taught how to love. I did meet the love of my life on this very site after all, and I'm forever grateful for that.

I LOVE YOU QUESTIONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

That 6 magical young women will always fly in to save the day with their one hit WMD that they should have used 12 hours ago before my village was destroyed and my family killed.

But atleast they look cute.

Well, most of them do.

Ok after they took forever to save my village, and then got the local library blown up, I may not find them that attractive.

What have I learned... Hm... Well I am not sure how to say it as "What I have learned" as much as "Things I have become" but... I have become a lot more tolerable & easier going towards people in general, though League of Legends can still make me tick if I am having a particularly bad game  ^_^  :blush:

Friendship.

Twilight Sparkle taught me friendship, and what kind of "magic" it really contains.

It only takes one friend to make you smile, you know. ^^

• Brohoof 1

Wow, you guys have given me some amazing replies! You are totally right. I have learned a great deal of things (mostly about friendship of course) from this show... and I'm fourteen! X3

Twilight taught me to not stress out and make myself crazy over one little assignment or test.  Because I will only end up making things worse for myself.

• Brohoof 1

That not every show has to be grimdark and kill of all it's characters to be engaging. Before, I would have dismissed a show like this offhand.

In all seriousness, though, MLP has taught me a lot.  First and foremost, it has taught me, I guess a bit ironically, to be proud of being a brony!  It has helped me with a lot in my life.  Where do I begin?  I actually have a lot in common with Dr. House.  It's sort of like, I'm alone and miserable because I want to be, or more because I don't know how to be anything else.  Basically, I've had a lot of practice being alone and miserable, so I'm very good at it.  It's something I know really well.  It's easy to just keep being miserable, since I'm good at it.  And, like House, I think I tend to have the subconscious (and completely asinine and untrue) idea that somehow, being miserable makes me better than other people.  Like, if I can't be truly happy, I'll just settle into this miserable persona so I can be "cool" or something.  I have a lot of problems.  I'm trying, but it's hard.  MLP has helped me to feel more positive and focus on the positive thoughts more.  It's given me hope that I can be truly happy.  It's taught me (or rather reminded me) not to listen to the negative voices, and to not overthink things.  The simplicity and pure happiness and friendship displayed by the 6 is something we should all strive for.  Unfortunately, for me I haven't really been able to put a lot of these lessons into practice yet.  Not much has changed.  But I'm working on it.

I think the real magic of MLP is that, while we already know the lessons it teaches and have heard them time and again, they can have a surprisingly powerful and profound effect, even on adults, when presented in such a pure, simplistic, and beautiful way.

MLP has taught me to appreciate love and friendship, I chose to be selfish after I found my generosity had been abused by others, I learnt from Rarity that I shouldn't have that change my generous spirit.  That was one of the main episodes that made me a brony.