Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Perfect Equestria or Not Perfect Equestria?

Bendy

30 users have voted

1. 1. Perfect Equestria or Not Perfect Equestria?

• Not Perfect Equestria
    • Perfect Equestria

(edited)

You have choice to either one, once you chose you can't go to the other one. I personally would go to 'Not Perfect Equestria', because quite frankly 'Perfect Equestria' would bore me to death.

I want drama in my life, I want see some crime, evil ponies about the place, good and bad pones fighting, ponies barely making ends meet. I more or less want it to be like Earth where I'm from.

What's the point in living in a world where nothing ever bad happens and life is just perfect? There's no struggle for anything, therefore boring.

Edited by Rush

Not perfect Equestria. For same reason as yours. But it could be good to choose perfect Equestria. I mean, then you dont have to worry about some creepy centaur in a cloak stealing your power for world domination.

• Brohoof 1

A perfect Equestria would be like a paradise, I won't have to worry about anyone stealing my stuff.  Of course, in a not so perfect Equestria, I am going to find evil ponies I can use my destruction magic on and life would be filled with action.

How do you define 'perfect?'

To me, perfect would be almost...robotic, or lifeless even. Like if a creator deity didn't give his worshippers free-will and instead ordered them to obey him and, therefor, there would be no crime.

Of course that could be extreme, but a perfect world is one that is lifeless to me. I'll take imperfection because that is how we learn and grow and, IMO, that is much more fulfilling.

• Brohoof 4

In terms of living in it, perfect would be ideal... that is, "perfect" as in there are no super-villains threatening to take over everything. My definition of perfect would still include the presence of challenges that make life interesting. 
In terms of watching a show, it's nice to have villains every once in a while trying to mess things up, but I do prefer when they are overtaken and dealt with and do not become too much of a nuisance.

• 4 months later...

How do you define 'perfect?'

To me, perfect would be almost...robotic, or lifeless even. Like if a creator deity didn't give his worshippers free-will and instead ordered them to obey him and, therefor, there would be no crime.

Of course that could be extreme, but a perfect world is one that is lifeless to me. I'll take imperfection because that is how we learn and grow and, IMO, that is much more fulfilling.

agreed, that is always how Ive seen the "objective view" of a perfect world.

this is the concept of a utopia. in fact, the book that originated the concept is a deconstruction of the idea, and is dismissed as an impossibility. the name "utopia" roughly translates to "no place"

that being said, I would choose not-perfect equestria, not only cause we have freedom, but also because its realistic.

my vision of equestria is somwhere beetween the shows equestria and earth. (not that canon equestria is perfect, it isn't) a mix of the good and bad from each. (and a few dietals changed for realism.)

examples:

* wars do still happen from time to time, there are many nations, cultures, and heritages. most threats are more in the form of radicals and tyrannical leaders than super powerful threats like discord or chrysalis, although that does happen from time to time, usually a few events every 500 years

* weather is more like earths (it used to be partially controlled by Pegasi though, to undo discords damage and to rebalance the system discord wrecked. now they no longer need to)

even so, many pegasi still work in weather due to their excellent weather prediction abilities.

* most places in equestria don't use punny names, although some do.

ex: ponyville is still ponyville, fillydelphia is the same, but there are also cites like Soche and Isling. (the capital of Handon, the province where ponyville is located) many of the "punny" ones were usually done on purpose and have an interesting story behind them.

* the way a pony is named can vary cause of heritage and or country of birth. not all ponies use the "equestrian system" in naming themselves. Trixie, for example, comes from a country where ponies use human like names (her family comes from the nation of Alcatel).

*they have modern tech and drive in cars and fly in planes. (yes, pegasi can still fly, but planes can out speed them, and some can out manouver them. )

* forehooves have magic around them that functions as hands for ponies of all races, can stand fully upright of nescessary, and many can walk on two hooves. unicorns can still use magic much like they do in the show. (ponies have an organ in their bodies to manipulate the energy around them.)

ponies who lose this ability are considered disabled.

* the planet is called Eqquis

and these are just a few things form my "headcanon equestria"

i could put more, that is for another thread. (and would take pages to describe!) :)

its not perfect, but its what i would love to see if i went there.

Edited by looking glass

Sure a perfect Equestria would be boring but at least the whole world would practically be in peace. Seeing this magical world deal with the issues that makes this world hard enough to live in kinda spoils the magical feel of it and one of the reasons why I watch the show to begin with, because its a better place and is an escape from reality. I'll take that Equestria over a not perfect one any day of the week.  

If Equestria was perfect, how would they be able to learn and evolve? It would just be boring to watch a show set in a stagnant place where everything's the same and nothing improves or deteriorates.

One of the reasons why this show got so popular in the first place is because it manages to create conflict and depict characters with flaws that they can overcome. Their society may be a lot better off than ours, but it's still relatable because there are problems ranging from the everyday slice-of-life conflicts to frauds like the Flim Flam Brothers and Trixie to villains like the ones from the two-parters that make Equestria stand together and show us what they're made of.

Not perfect Equestria. Despite what people say, Equestria is not a perfect place. It's pretty dangerous, actually. Yet I like seeing the flaws of Equestrian ponies as it makes them more real. I don't want Equestria to become the next G3 My Little Pony at all. :P

You know those dis-Utopian novels? Who's to say Perfect Equestria won't end up like 1984 or the Hunger Games? Although I admit the latter would be cool (to watch, not participate), I'd rather not. Not Perfect Equestria is what I think the show portrays, so I'll go with that.

I want a perfect Equestria. No conflict, everyone does exactly as much as is required of them and nothing more, and best of all NO EXCITEMENT!

Just a nice, perfect, boring Equestria. Honestly, who wouldn't ask for that?